Chapter 220
1.6k 6 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You're disgusting," said Tony, making a disgusted expression before shooting at the tree.

The tree exploded as Steve somersaulted on the ground before quickly running towards Tony.

Tony quickly fired several shots that were avoided by Steve as he backed away to create distance.

Seeing that he couldn't hit Steve, he could only ask Jarvis for help to predict his actions.

Steve saw Tony's arm and immediately dodged, but didn't notice that the angle of his hand was slightly off.

When he dodged to the side, he immediately received the beam on his shoulder, knocking him down.

Steve took a deep breath, feeling the pain in his shoulder as a little smoke rose from it.

If he wasn't reinforcing his body at all times, he surely would have lost his shoulder along with his arm.

Tony looked at the smoking Steve a bit worried and wondered for a moment if he had used too much power.

Steve suddenly rolled on the ground before getting up and running at full speed towards Tony.

Tony was taken by surprise and once again tried to retreat while still shooting.

But this time the shot was stopped by a shield that suddenly appeared on Steve's forearm.

This time, Steve quickly reached Tony. After all, running forward is faster than running backward.

Tony, having no other option, quickly burst with the thrusters on his legs, rising a couple of meters off the ground to evade Steve's charge.

From the air, he quickly began to shoot continuously at Steve.

Steve quickly protected himself with his shield before focusing on Tony's movement.

Suddenly, he extended his palm towards Tony, firing an energy sphere at him.

Tony, taken by surprise, couldn't avoid it and was hit, causing him to lose balance and fall to the ground.

Steve quickly jumped on him and both began to wrestle on the ground trying to overpower each other.

Tony quickly controlled his nanorobots to stealthily wrap around Steve's legs.

The nanorobots reached his ankles before beginning to connect. Upon connecting, they pulled forcefully, connecting Steve's feet and immobilizing them.

Tony seized this opportunity to hold Steve's hands and also wrap his nanorobots around his wrists.

"You lost, Cap," said Tony mocking him, his suit no longer had a helmet, and a good portion of nanorobots had been used on Steve.

"You're a cheater, how did you bring those things here?" said Steve shaking his head with a smile.

"Cough, let's not talk about that," said Tony avoiding his gaze.

"By the way, about the fruits, still want them?" said Steve ironically smiling as he opened his fist.

A blue juice with fruit peels could be seen in his hand.

Tony just made a disgusted expression as he looked at Steve, feeling the urge to punch him.

In the end, Steve could only drink what was left in his hand, slightly increasing his magic.

"What a waste, you owe me blue fruits," said Tony annoyed.

"You attacked me when I clearly got them first," said Steve standing up while dusting off his clothes.

"Whatever," said Tony not wanting to continue with the topic.

"So, I guess it's time for the Avengers to team up," said Steve jokingly.

"I'm not sure about that, I think Natasha, Clint, and Thor aren't in this time zone," said Tony laughing slightly.

"Then let's see if we can find Bruce or Hope," said Steve nodding.

"How's your wife?" Tony asked casually as they walked in search of their next adventure.

"Very pregnant and with a terrible temper," said Steve sighing.

Tony just laughed, he had been through the same thing.

...

Damian, who was relaxed watching the broadcasts, suddenly saw an alarm appear beside him.

The system had already been modified to detect anomalies like zombies, now it seemed that a case had been detected.

As Cortana was busy keeping people with superpowers in check, he decided to handle the matter himself.

Without even bothering to check what was happening, he appeared directly in the area.

Damian appeared in a small city where a portal had appeared in the middle of the street, and pedestrians had made a perimeter while looking on with curiosity and apprehension.

Damian could only shake his head at these people, their curiosity was greater than their fear of dying.

Despite seeing this, Damian didn't appear to do anything to the portal, he wanted to see what kind of creatures would come out.

He could feel an energy similar to the zombie incident, he remembered that Hela said there was something else interfering, and he wondered if he would now find out what it was.

Suddenly, several humanoid creatures emerged from the portal, although they looked like zombies, they were different from what he had seen before.

They had a brown color and walked stumblingly, but the moment they saw humans, it was as if they had been injected with something as they moved considerably fast toward them.

The human spectators, upon seeing zombie-like creatures emerging, immediately screamed as they fled, chaos spread throughout the street and many people almost died trampled if it wasn't because Damian protected them.

Damian just watched as people fled in desperation while slowing down the creatures' exit.

He wanted to see what other types of creatures could come out, maybe some with intelligence that could give him information.

In the city, alarms were sounding as everyone evacuated as far as possible from the portal, although Damian was slowing down the zombies a bit, many had already emerged and had filled the entire street while continuing to spread.

Many policemen had made a perimeter and seemed to be shooting at the zombies tentatively to see their response.

Damian noticed that the portal was subtly growing larger, once it doubled its previous size, two types of creatures began to emerge.

First came out a humanoid creature with orange and purple skin, it had spikes on its back and seemed much more agile than the zombies.

At the same time, a flying creature came out that had a vaguely humanoid shape but with a horrible appearance.

Damian frowned upon seeing these creatures as they were clearly different from the zombies and seemed more like...demons.

This time he really had to act, he couldn't allow the flying creatures to leave the area, so extending his hand, dozens of lightning bolts shot out of his hand, pulverizing the flying demons.

Originally, he thought these things might be a plan from Odin or even Dormammu, but now he realized that none of them were related.

With a furrowed brow, Damian dropped from the air to the ground in front of the portal.

When he landed, all the zombies and demons turned to dust, looking at the portal, Damian hesitated for a moment before trying to enter.

To his surprise, when he tried to enter, the entire portal was filled with crimson lightning trying to prevent his entry.

When he tried to force his entry, the entire portal collapsed, generating a large explosion that only, thanks to the protection of the system, didn't blow up the entire city.

Damian managed to protect himself so he wasn't injured, he was only left in the middle of a crater with everything charred around him.

With his thoughts quickly, he conjured a replay of what had happened in the place.

Still, he couldn't see anything out of the ordinary; the portal seemed to have been created out of nowhere.

Putting on a pensive expression, he knew who might have the answers he was looking for.

....

Natasha ran through the forest within the event with a fixed goal.

Despite being pregnant, it really didn't affect her abilities, and besides, almost nothing was noticeable yet.

As she advanced, she suddenly heard the sound of loud crashes; she immediately recognized the sounds of a fight, so out of curiosity, she veered slightly off her course.

In the distance, she saw a green woman fighting fiercely against a lion.

Natasha was a little surprised to see her since she looked a lot like Bruce when he transformed.

Although her arms seemed to have blue tattoos overflowing with magic.

She didn't interrupt their fight and just watched with a little curiosity.

Betty, on the other hand, wasn't so calm.

She felt she had very bad luck running into this type.

She had discovered some magical fruits and without thinking too much, she had plucked them; she had no way of knowing that a giant lion was protecting them, which became furious upon seeing her with its fruits.

Despite the lion's size, Betty bravely engaged in a physical battle.

The clashes between them resounded strongly throughout the area as the earth shattered.

She was different from Bruce; she could really enjoy a fight.

She had always envied Bruce's absurd strength; she was no different from a child in front of his strength.

Although it didn't bother her too much either, after all, her focus was on magic, but she still liked the feeling of crashing into her opponents.

The giant lion finally succumbed to the beating it received, falling unconscious to the ground.

Betty nodded satisfactorily before starting to walk away while looking at the red fruits in her hand.

She had seen blue fruits before, but this was the first time she had seen red fruits; curious, she took one before tossing it into her mouth.

She immediately felt a warm wave passing through her body, but there was no notification unlike before.

Betty was confused by the situation, so she looked doubtfully at the rest of the fruits, not knowing if she should eat them.

"If your physical stats are over a thousand, the red fruits don't take effect," Natasha said, coming out of her hiding spot.

Betty was startled to suddenly hear a voice; when she looked at the redhead, she immediately recognized her and smiled at her.

"Hi, Nat," said Betty, greeting her familiarly.

"Hello, I don't know you," said Natasha, smiling a little uncomfortably at being called so familiarly without knowing who the person was.

"Pff, of course, you don't know me, especially in this aspect," said Betty, laughing before canceling her transformation and returning to her normal appearance.

"Oh, you're Betty," said Natasha, realizing when she saw her in her human form.

"Bruce transformed me like him," said Betty, smiling.

"I can see, you seem happy with this, so congratulations," said Natasha, smiling at her.

"Hm, I like this kind of thing," said Betty, nodding.

"Then should I eat this in my human form?" said Betty, changing the subject and looking at the red fruits in her hand.

"That's right," said Natasha, nodding; she had been in a briefing, so she knew quite a bit about the things in the event.

Betty nodded before directly tossing all the fruits into her mouth under Natasha's amused gaze.

Betty immediately felt a wave of heat passing through her body constantly; she couldn't help but be amazed as she gradually felt her body incredibly light, almost feeling as if she had started to float.

The sensation was totally different from when she ate them in her transformed form.

She quickly checked her status out of curiosity.

Betty Ross

Species: Unknown Humanoid

Magic - 1200 (12000)

Strength - 70 (2000)

Agility - 72 (2100)

Intelligence - 4

Betty opened her eyes in surprise to see her physical stats increase by 20 points; before, she had managed to reach 30 points because she and Bruce had gone hunting in the mountains, with her strength it was relatively easy and safe to do so.

"Thank you," said Betty, smiling at Natasha; perhaps she wouldn't have thought of it if she hadn't told her.

"It's okay, you're quite lucky; the red fruits are the rarest," said Natasha, shaking her head.

"What are you going to do? I'm going to meet up with the Avengers; do you want to come?" Natasha asked, looking at her.

"Sure," said Betty, nodding with interest.

"It's been a while since we all got together," said Natasha, smiling as she began to move through the forest.

Betty didn't transform and just reinforced her body to keep up with Natasha's pace.

Both ran for a while until Natasha stopped and looked up at the top of a tree.

"I know you're there," Natasha said playfully.

"You're just a cheater," said Hope, jumping out of the tree; if Natasha didn't have administrator permissions in the system, she didn't think she would have been able to find her.

"Oh, hello," said Hope politely when she saw an unknown person with Natasha.

"Hello, I'm Betty Ross," she said, extending her hand.

"Hope Van Dyne," she said, also introducing herself.

"And you, you really don't look like a pregnant woman," said Hope, looking at Natasha's abdomen before reaching out to gently feel it.

"Are you pregnant?" asked Betty, surprised as she also looked at Natasha's abdomen.

"Hm, I'm a little over seven months," said Natasha, smiling as if there was nothing wrong with what she said.

Betty and Hope just looked at her speechlessly.

"Are you human?" asked Betty, surprised.

"Who knows," said Natasha, chuckling.

----

Remember that you can support me and see 10 advanced chapters at patreon.com/Fast_Reader

75