Chapter 135
2.3k 14 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Damian woke up to Natasha's movement.

Opening his eyes, he saw her getting up carefully from the bed before leaving.

He assumed she was going to follow Bruce, who would be trying to heal himself, triggering several events.

Recalling his promise to his daughters, he let out a sigh before getting up as well and going downstairs already dressed.

Entering the kitchen, he saw one of the maids preparing Natasha's breakfast. Damian greeted her with a nod before opening the refrigerator and taking out a jug of orange juice.

He poured himself a full glass and took gentle sips.

Looking at Natasha's breakfast, Damian approached and took it.

"I'll take care of her breakfast and wait for her, don't worry," Damian said, smiling at the maid before walking to the table with the plate.

The maid nodded somewhat embarrassedly before quickly going about her tasks.

Damian walked and sat at the table, sipping his juice and ensuring Natasha's breakfast remained at a good temperature.

As Damian expected, a few minutes later, Natasha descended the stairs quickly before rushing into the kitchen and passing through the dining room.

Passing through the dining room, she was surprised to see Damian, but she still approached him with a smile before sitting beside him.

"Here's your breakfast," Damian said, smiling at her as he handed her the plate.

Natasha kissed Damian's cheek and began to eat.

Damian simply accompanied her in silence, finishing his juice.

Once Natasha finished eating, she stood up, kissed Damian, and rushed to the bathroom to brush her teeth before hurrying off to work.

Damian watched her fly off in her ship before looking at the garden and sighing. He would need to expand and heighten the walls.

His house had a considerable amount of unused land around it, and they had only maintained the lawn.

Before, they didn't want such a large yard as it would look too empty, but now it would be necessary.

Damian made sure no devices were recording what he was about to do, although he didn't mind if someone was watching from afar. He just didn't want the videos circulating on the internet.

First, he tore down the current two-meter-tall grass wall, which he thought looked quite nice.

Then, he began to create the new wall. Starting from the front of the house, a grass wall grew rapidly, two meters in height, extending five hundred meters on each side before turning and forming a square.

Damian flew over his house and saw a large green square; each side was about a kilometer long, making it truly expansive.

Satisfied, he returned to his house and leaned against the couch while turning on the television.

The Tony Awards ceremony was about to start, and he had insisted on watching it.

When the event began, Senator Stern appeared with a truly uncomfortable expression, forcing a smile and speaking.

"It's a great pleasure and honor to present this medal to Mr. Tony Stark... who is a great... great national treasure," Senator Stern said with a displeased expression.

"His significant decisions and intellect have propelled this country's technology to the highest peaks," Stern said as if he were swallowing insects.

"I am grateful that fate has bestowed upon us such a genius," Sterns concluded, appearing as if he could barely stand it.

Tony maintained a playful and innocent smile while listening to Stern congratulating him.

Stern took the medal before approaching Tony and made sure to press it against him rather forcefully, trying to prick him, before smiling at Tony and standing beside him.

"Take the photos," Stern said in an annoyed voice before faking a smile for the camera.

Tony made a peace sign gesture while hugging Stern with a smile.

The photo was taken, and Stern quickly left, looking disgusted.

Tony simply laughed more cheerfully at seeing him before approaching Pepper and Rhodes, who were in conversation.

"Hey, didn't expect to see you here," Tony said, greeting Rhodes before giving Pepper a quick kiss.

"In the end, I was also involved in a certain way," Rhodes said, recalling the unpleasant moment.

''Look, Tony, I'm sorry that happened, but you know, I was just following orders,'' Rhodes said, embarrassed at having to wear Tony's armour with his competition.

''It's all right, you can't refuse if you're ordered to,' Tony said without taking it too seriously.

''There's a ten ring base in the east, I was thinking maybe we could go there together and take care of it,'' Rhodes said, looking at Tony doubtfully.

''Sounds good, call me in advance,'' said Tony with a nod.

''Right, see you later,'' said Rhodes saying goodbye to Tony and Pepper.

Tony watched him go before getting into the car with Pepper.

''I'm proud of you, you didn't blame him despite everything,'' Pepper said smiling at Tony, he really has changed and become more mature and stable.

''I understand it's not his fault, it's just that I've come to realize that we can't be friends if his duty is above his principles,'' Tony said shaking his head, before they were friends because the orders they gave him didn't go against what he did, in the end it was Tony who changed.

Pepper just smiled, resting her head against Tony's shoulder and closing her eyes.

Tony took the opportunity to take out his phone and joke with Damian about Stern's expression.

...

Damian was laughing while texting Tony when his three little daughters came to sit beside him.

"Are you talking to Uncle Tony?" Alice asked, looking at the name on the phone.

"That's right," Damian said, smiling as he locked his phone and looked at his daughters.

"I've already organized the yard. How about we take a look before breakfast and then go get Tyr?" Damian suggested, smiling at his daughters.

"Let's go!" Ivy exclaimed, climbing onto Damian.

Alice and Emma giggled as they also hugged him.

Damian walked outside with the three little ones in his arms.

"Whoa, it's so much bigger," Alice said, smiling before jumping down from Damian's arms.

"Hm, now we can have races," Ivy said, grinning.

"It's not too tall to hide Tyr," Emma said, looking at the height of the grass.

"Well, sweetheart, I decided that it doesn't matter if they figure it out. I just made it bigger so you have space to walk," Damian said, smiling at Emma, who nodded in understanding.

"Wow, the yard looks really big," Carol said, arriving from the house.

"Anyway, let's have breakfast, so hurry up," Carol said, smiling at them before heading back inside.

"Let's go," Damian said, entering the house and leading his daughters to the dining room.

Damian helped his three little girls into their seats before taking his own.

His daughters quickly finished breakfast and then stood up, walking to his side and looking at him.

Damian chuckled at their silent pestering and also stood up, looking at them.

"All right, impatient little ones, let's go," Damian said, taking their little hands and teleporting to the Savage Lands.

Damian began to walk with the little ones in the direction where he had previously seen Tyr, but Ivy stopped him.

"Daddy, Tyr is that way," Ivy said, pointing in a different direction.

Damian just smiled faintly and followed her guidance; he supposed he had developed a certain connection with the dinosaur and could sense its position.

They walked for a couple of minutes until they reached a clearing where loud snoring could be heard.

Seeing him, the little ones ran towards him, causing him to wake up and let out a soft roar as he saw them.

Damian looked at the T. rex and realized it was a young one, measuring around nine meters in length and not yet a full adult.

"Do you want to come with us?" Ivy asked, looking into one of the T. rex's eyes.

The T. rex didn't understand her words, but it seemed to grasp the intent, so it nodded, looking at Ivy.

Ivy smiled happily alongside her sisters as she talked about all sorts of games they would play together and how she would give him delicious food.

Damian chuckled lightly as Ivy seemed like a boss encouraging her subordinate to put in effort.

"We're ready," Ivy said, looking at her father, indicating that he should take them back home.

Damian just smiled, and suddenly they appeared in the spacious backyard behind the house.

The dinosaur stood alert due to the sudden change in scenery, cautiously sniffing its surroundings.

Suddenly, there was a loud roar, and Sassy jumped onto Tyr, playfully knocking him over while roaring at him.

Upon seeing Sassy, Tyr also got up quickly, roaring back and starting to play.

Tyr was just under three metres tall, making him close to Sassy's height.

Damian smiled a bit, watching them play. He figured this way Sassy wouldn't get bored, although he frowned slightly looking at the dinosaur. It seemed quite heavy for its body, so he quietly gave it a genetic enhancement, similar to what he did for Sassy.

He ensured it had dense bones and muscles for greater mobility.

The roars attracted the whole family outside, and they smiled at the sight of the two little giants playing.

"Now the house will be more lively, hope they let us sleep," Sophia said, smiling as she shook her head and went back inside.

Damian gave one last look at his daughters playing with Sassy and Tyr before entering the house with everyone.

"We should have gotten a playmate for Sassy a long time ago," Carol said next to Damian.

"That's right," Ana agreed, nodding.

"I'll be back in a while, I have some matters to attend to," Damian said before kissing Ana and disappearing.

"Hey, what about my kiss?" Carol said to the spot where Damian vanished.

Ana just chuckled softly as she ushered her into the living room to continue what they were doing.

...

Damian appeared far away on the outskirts of Knowhere.

The place had changed a lot; a round metal structure had been built around it, practically covering the skull.

If he didn't know, he'd never guess that it used to be just a floating skull in space.

The two Star Destroyers were at its sides as if they were intimidating anyone with strange thoughts.

All sorts of ships were docked at Knowhere, likely traders, travelers, or all sorts of people one could find in space.

Damian reappeared in Knowhere's control room.

The scientist was there for a routine review and had asked Damian to come to make some decisions.

"My lord," the scientist greeted him with a smile, inviting him to sit down.

"What do you have for me?" Damian asked, sitting down and looking at him.

"My lord, as you may have noticed, the constructions around Knowhere are progressing well. The Shipyard has also been built, and I'm glad to inform you that we're already creating the first prototype of a star destroyer. We made some minor changes that will further improve the ship."

"There are also more and more races coming to trade."

"Previously, the location wasn't very good, and few dared to go to such an isolated place due to dangers like Devastators. Now that it's in a much cleaner place, it has truly thrived."

"As always, there are several civilizations requesting access to Premium materials. Among them, there's one in particular that might interest you. They are a little-known race that usually operates on the other side of the galaxy."

"It seems they were drawn by the liveliness of this place. They have a hierarchical tribal system but are highly technologically advanced."

"They usually only care about hunting powerful prey. They're very skilled assassins. Despite some attempts to hire them, these guys seem to disdain money and are only interested if the prey is strong."

"My king, they might try to hunt you if they see you," the scientist joked.

"Show me an image," Damian said, with a strange expression. That description sounded oddly familiar.

A holographic image appeared in front of Damian, showing the clear silhouette of a Yautja predator.

Damian silently looked at the image before shaking his head, deciding it wasn't important.

"Do as you wish; if you can trade for something interesting, go ahead," Damian said.

"I will. I have something in mind; I hope I can get it from them. They're not the best negotiators," the scientist said, chuckling softly.

"This is the project for the next 10 years in Knowhere," the scientist said, showing him some construction plans with various data about Knowhere's current state.

"Wow, there are already 10 thousand people living here," Damian commented upon seeing the number.

"Yes, the population has increased in the past 6 months since we took control. Mostly refugees we've accepted to establish a base population."

"Right now, we expect to reach 20 thousand people to speed up construction. We hope this will be the result in a couple of years," the scientist said, displaying another 3D image.

The image showed the celestial skull surrounded by many layers of metal, forming a sphere around it, doubling its size.

"You're ambitious," Damian said, sighing. He wondered if the scientist was planning to create a Death Star.

"I also have a project to take control of a planet a jump away. The planet has developed life, but it's still in its early stages. I plan to use that place as a granary for Knowhere, and whatever's left over, we can sell," the scientist said, showing Damian the project.

The screen was almost running out of space, and it seemed the scientist wanted to keep talking.

"Do you ever sleep?" Damian asked, looking at the screen wordlessly.

"Let's just take it step by step. We have plenty of time. I like the idea of taking over the planet, sending probes, and taking care of that. If necessary, use the Spartans, but consider the cost of labor. We might need more Spartans, as well as installing a defense system on the planet, not to mention the infrastructure."

"It's a lot of work, so let's take it easy," Damian said, looking at the scientist who seemed eager to undertake multiple projects.

Damian genuinely liked the ideas the scientist was proposing; it's just that he wasn't willing to do it if it affected his day-to-day life with his family. His daughters are growing up, and it's the best time to be by their side constantly.

"Yes, sir, I'll take it easy," the scientist said, nodding.

"The materials for creating 100 Spartan armors are also ready. Should we open the project to new candidates?" the scientist asked.

"Yes, prepare another 100 soldiers. Make sure to train them well. It's okay if it takes six months or a year," Damian said, nodding.

"We'll need quite a few soldiers to achieve our plans, so start recruiting."

"Anything else?" Damian asked, standing up and looking at the bustling city that had formed around them.

"No, that's all," the scientist said, shaking his head.

"By the way, my lord, regarding your plans for Earth, if Earth regains the energy it had in the past, would the mentioned factions walk the Earth again?" the scientist asked.

"It's very likely. After all, no one likes to live in exile," Damian said, smiling slightly.

The scientist nodded, already making plans in his mind.

"I'll be back; don't work too hard," Damian said, chuckling softly before disappearing.

----

Remember that you can support me and read 10 advanced chapters at patreon.com/Fast_Reader.

101