Chapter 138
2.1k 6 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bruce and Blonsky charged toward each other before each threw a punch at the other's face.

At the moment of impact, a shockwave rippled through the surroundings, sending loose objects flying several meters away.

The helicopter shook violently, and the already damaged fuel tank ruptured, spewing fuel.

Seeing this, Betty looked at Bruce with concern before rushing back to try and wake up her father and the soldiers to get them out.

After taking the blows, both staggered slightly backward. Blonsky recovered more quickly and pushed Bruce against the wall.

Bruce reacted and landed several punches on Blonsky but couldn't get rid of him.

"You don't deserve this power; you're weak," Blonsky said, blocking Bruce's neck with his forearm.

"Now you'll see her die," Blonsky said before burying the bone spike of his elbow in Bruce's chest.

Bruce, for the first time since gaining the ability to transform, let out a cry of pain before growling slowly as his eyes seemed to shine even brighter.

Taking Blonsky's wrist, Bruce began to slowly but steadily push Blonsky back as his size gradually matched that of Blonsky.

Blonsky used all his strength and tried to resist, but it was like wrestling with a hydraulic press; he had no chance and was slowly being forced to retreat.

Both Damian and Natasha, as well as Betty, Ross, and the soldiers, watched the two giants grunting as they struggled.

Finally, with some space, Bruce headbutted Blonsky, leaving him dazed for a moment before Bruce grabbed him by the spikes on his back and slammed him against the wall.

Bruce's sanity was lower than usual; being overloaded with gamma energy due to his anger interfered with his brain processes. Still, he knew he had to save the woman in the helicopter.

So, he ran and ripped the helicopter's canopy off before taking her along with the other three people and moving away.

At that moment, the helicopter exploded, causing a loud noise and a large column of smoke to rise.

Blonsky, slowly getting up from the beating, looked in surprise at Bruce, who realized he might lose if he didn't use his cunning, so he quickly grabbed some thick chains with large metal cylinders at each end.

He quickly spun them before sending them toward Bruce, who was leaving Betty and the soldiers.

Bruce was hit on his arm by a piece of metal, sending him against one of the concrete structures in the area.

Getting up, he looked at Blonsky and growled with anger as he saw the threatening cylinders spinning.

Blonsky went for another attack, but Bruce reacted very quickly and caught the cylinder with his abdomen and arms before looking at Blonsky and growling.

Bruce pulled with force, catching Blonsky by surprise as he was pulled a few meters.

Bruce took advantage of the pulling motion and punched Blonsky in the face before wrapping the same chains around his neck while holding him from behind.

Blonsky fought hard, hitting Bruce, which only made him tighten the chains even more.

As they both struggled, a loud sound of metal breaking suddenly echoed.

The chains had broken, with Blonsky regaining his freedom, but he knelt on the ground coughing.

Bruce smiled cruelly before kicking his back, causing him to fall face down.

Blonsky quickly turned over, trying to recover, but Bruce didn't give him a chance and jumped on him, delivering blow after blow.

The sounds of punches were constant as the ground around them sank, and Blonsky's pale green blood splattered with each hit. His face was unrecognizable, covered in blood, as he fell unconscious.

Bruce growled with anger at seeing him unconscious, as if he wanted to keep fighting.

Just as he was about to continue beating him, a shout caught his attention.

Betty had approached, shouting at him to stop. She knew that Bruce always unconsciously avoided hurting people when he transformed and only attacked to defend himself.

But this time, he seemed genuinely angry, and she was worried that if she didn't stop him, he would beat Blonsky to death.

She didn't want that on Bruce's conscience, especially because she knew he would blame himself.

Bruce seemed to have calmed down upon hearing her voice as he looked at Blonsky, who was a wreck. He finally let out a roar, declaring himself the victor before kicking Blonsky aside.

By that time, many people had already arrived and were staring at the giant green figure. The police officers were pointing their guns at him with fear, knowing they were useless against him.

Upon seeing all of this, Betty quickly approached him, taking his hand in an attempt to calm him.

Ross quietly signaled to everyone to lower their weapons; he knew they were useless against him. Looking at his daughter, who seemed to have pacified the rage-filled giant, Ross's mind began to race with possibilities.

"It's okay, everything's fine," Betty said, stroking Bruce's massive hand.

"Betty," Bruce said with an incredibly hoarse voice that echoed on the walls.

At that moment, a buzzing sound began to increase in intensity.

Looking up at the night sky, only a flash of energy could be seen approaching.

Since it was nighttime, it couldn't be seen clearly.

A red and gold armor became visible, floating several meters above the ground, analyzing the scene as if trying to understand what was happening.

"Go," Betty said, smiling at Bruce, trying to get him to leave to avoid any misunderstandings and fights.

Bruce looked up and growled at the flying suit before starting to run and jump between buildings.

Tony, who was still amazed to see two green giants, did nothing to stop him. Clearly, in his opinion, the one who left was the good guy.

He had been monitoring the situation through his satellites while traveling.

Tony landed in front of Ross, scanning the surroundings before looking at him with a smug smile.

"I told you continuing with this was a bad idea," Tony said, chuckling slightly and relishing in Ross's discomfort.

"I didn't call you for that," Ross said, annoyed, looking at Tony.

"Of course not, You called me to clean up your mess, but it seems someone beat me to it," Tony said, still amused by Ross's constipated expression.

"What will you do with him?" Tony asked, referring to the unconscious giant on the ground.

"Fury will take care of containing him," Ross said, avoiding eye contact with Tony to avoid getting even more angry.

"So, you made me waste my time coming here."

"Whatever, I'll go visit a friend," Tony said unsatisfied, although inwardly relieved as he had seen the two giants fight and they were definitely a tough nut to crack.

Tony closed his helmet before flying away, under the watchful eyes of everyone.

"I guess we should head back before Tony arrives," Damian said, hugging Natasha.

"Hm, anyway, my job was done once they captured Bruce," Natasha said, shrugging.

Before Damian could take them back home, Natasha's communicator phone rang, causing her to furrow her brow before answering.

"Agent Romanoff, I'm afraid you'll have to work overtime today. I don't have anyone trustworthy in the area to secure Blonsky, so you'll have to take care of it. You need to ensure that no one has access to him during the transport," Fury told Natasha.

"Fine," Natasha said with an unhappy tone, as she had been tracking Bruce for two days.

"Take me to SHIELD offices. I suppose I have to work a bit more," Natasha said, embracing Damian's waist while rubbing her face against his chest.

After Damian left with Natasha, Ross checked his watch before looking at the battlefield.

He quickly ordered his men to evacuate all the people, including his daughter, from the area.

"Search for anything important in the area," Ross said as he entered the destroyed helicopter and opened a compartment containing the first aid kit and medical supplies.

Fortunately, these were well-protected, and the explosion only damaged the outer part of the box.

Opening the first aid kit, he found several needles and syringes. He quickly took one and approached the area where they had fought, looking for any traces of blood.

Although there was still a lot of blood in Sterns' lab, it was clear that it was not pure blood, and it was already clear what it had done to Blonsky. It was even possible that he would remain in that state forever, but Ross preferred something more perfect like Bruce.

What mattered was Bruce's blood's ability to transform you into something similar to him; it seemed to be some kind of infection.

Looking near the wall, Ross crouched down while shining his flashlight. While searching, he found a small hole about the size of a hand with some very intense green blood, almost glowing in the darkness.

Without thinking too much, he assumed it was Bruce's blood; Blonsky's blood was a pale green.

Ross smiled with excitement before putting the flashlight in his mouth and carefully extracting the blood into the syringe. He made sure to extract only clean blood and left some in place.

At that moment, several vehicles began to arrive, so Ross quickly removed the needle from the syringe before sealing it and storing it in his clothing. Looking at the green blood, Ross also kicked sand over the hole to cover the blood.

'This kind of power can't fall into the wrong hands,' Ross thought seriously as he approached the SHIELD leader with a faint smile.

Natasha got out of the SHIELD vehicle while pretending to look around.

"Secure Blonsky and sweep the area for any traces," Natasha ordered with seriousness as she crossed her arms and watched everyone.

"SHIELD agent, I assume," Ross said, looking at Natasha as he observed the agents and their search.

"That's right," Natasha replied, not dwelling too much on the topic.

Several agents approached Blonsky before putting a collar with chains on him that was attached to his extremities.

A crane quickly arrived and hoisted Blonsky before placing him in a special container, while the chains were tightened to limit his movement.

The vehicles moved a few meters away, and then several agents in special suits and hoses began spraying the entire area with a white gas that would neutralize any organic matter.

"How cautious," Ross muttered while unconsciously touching the syringe stored in his chest.

"All right, guys, let's go," Natasha said loudly to everyone after seeing they had finished.

Natasha got into the truck with Blonsky in the passenger seat.

Another agent got in and started driving out of the area.

Ross also took his men and left the place heading towards his military base.

Once he arrived, he entered his office and took out the syringe from his suit.

Looking at the green blood, he couldn't help but chuckle slightly. This time he had learned his lesson: You can't trust others; you can only do things for yourself.

Ross walked to the base's secret laboratory and handed the blood to the scientist.

"Inject me," Ross said with determination before entering a sealed and reinforced chamber.

"Sir, this is madness, we don't know what effect it may have," the frightened scientist said.

"I'm almost 70 years old, soldier; this isn't an impulsive action. Blonsky's actions will fall on me, which will have a significant impact on my career."

"They will definitely ban me from anything related to Banner and the super-soldier project."

"This is my last chance, it will definitely succeed. Banner can't control himself because he's weak, Blonsky, who already had a somewhat distorted mind due to the serum, was able to control himself."

"If he could in that state, then I certainly can."

"If I make a mistake and die, I will have contributed to my country as an experiment. If I succeed—"

"Well, I'll have it all," Ross said, looking at the scientist with a calm smile. His body was old, and he no longer had the strength or energy he once did; he was now risking his life.

He sat in the chair before looking at the scientist, indicating him to proceed.

The scientist sighed before securing the general's hands and legs to the chair.

Watching from the outside, the scientist sealed the chamber before introducing the liquid into the dispenser.

"General, are you sure?" the soldier asked one last time.

"Do it," Ross said indifferently.

The soldier sighed and closed his eyes before pressing the button, causing the blood to flow and inject into Ross.

He just hoped it would work. If General Ross died, he would be in trouble. Fortunately, everything in this place is recorded, so he can try to justify that they were following orders. Nonetheless, what keeps him in this place is his scientific curiosity.

He was also part of the super-soldier project; now he wants to see if they succeeded or if it was just an accident.

The bindings on his hands were broken before he was half-kneeling on the ground.

Ross immediately grunted in pain as he felt like boiling oil was being injected into his veins.

His eyes glowed green as his body began to enlarge, his skin changed color, and the heat increased in the sealed chamber.

Ross let out a loud roar of pain as his fingers sank slightly, leaving marks on the floor.

The scientist outside the chamber nervously watched everything; the data was insane, the temperature inside the chamber had already exceeded 100 degrees, and there was a lot of steam.

"Sir?" the scientist tentatively asked.

Ross released a deep, eerie laugh that made the scientist slowly step back while placing his hand near the emergency button.

"So, this is how it feels," Ross said with a very deep voice.

"It seems I won the bet," Ross said, burying his fingers in the door and opening it before looking at the scientist with a smile.

The scientist's back touched the wall before he sat on the floor in fear, seeing Ross's terrifying appearance.

Ross looked at a window where his figure was faintly reflected. He was as tall as Bruce and Blonsky; his chest and arms were enormous, but the most striking thing was his color.

A red giant stared back at Ross, making him smile chillingly at the glass.

Feeling so excited, his body began to release steam, and at the same time, small flames appeared and disappeared on his skin, to the point that Ross himself felt very hot.

Ross sat on the floor and sighed, trying to calm himself. He smiled slightly as he felt his temperature dropping, now having an idea of how his transformation worked.

Breathing slowly and trying to think of happy things like the birth of his daughter or his wife, he slowly felt his body change and shrink.

After several minutes of trying to calm down, he finally opened his eyes and saw himself in a normal state.

Standing up, Ross noticed that his body had also changed; he had become younger. Walking out of the experiment area, Ross entered the bathroom and saw himself looking like he did 30 years ago.

His hair was black, with only some white on the sides of his head; in his opinion, he looked very good.

Ross gave a faint smile, satisfied with his achievement. Now he must make sure to control his transformation well, test its limits, and, of course, silence the scientist.

----

Remember that you can support me and read 10 advanced chapters at patreon.com/Fast_Reader.

94