Chapter 150
2.1k 15 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Damian woke up earlier than usual because he had arranged to meet with the scientist in Madripoor.

The new suits of armor were ready with their respective soldiers, and it was the day they would use them for the first time.

After getting ready, he quickly appeared in Madripoor alongside the scientist.

"My lord, you arrive just in time," said the scientist, smiling.

They were both in a room high above where they could see the entire floor. There were 200 soldiers below taking a break; they had become acquainted with each other for quite some time, so they were not strangers.

"How is this batch of soldiers?" Damian casually asked, looking at the people below.

"They're fine. Several are outstanding, and the rest are fairly average. Of course, that's a comparison among themselves; they are all excellent soldiers," the scientist said proudly.

Damian nodded casually as he looked at Frank, Laura, and John. They still had their little group, and he could even see that Frank seemed a bit more relaxed and didn't have his usual grumpy look.

"How's Madripoor doing?" Damian asked, smiling slightly.

"My lord, I think you should see for yourself. Statistics aren't everything," the scientist said, laughing lightly.

"Still, everything is going very well. Tourism remains very high. We've also had to deal with a wave of immigrants trying to sneak into the country," the scientist said, smiling ironically. Their small country was already bursting with people, and they really couldn't handle more.

"Maybe I will," Damian said, nodding as he thought he might take a stroll and see the surroundings.

"The place has expanded quite a bit," Damian commented, looking at the large space.

It was normal, considering they now had 200 suits of armor in this place. There had to be space for everyone to put them on at the same time, or in an emergency, the Spartans would have to queue up.

"For the next batch of armor, let's build a military base on the surface," Damian said casually as he watched the scientist prepare everything.

"Yes, digging deeper would become increasingly difficult, and clearly, it's easier to deploy soldiers from the surface," the scientist said, nodding as he wrote on his tablet.

"And well, everything is ready," the scientist said, having finished organizing everything.

"Go to your modules," the scientist said over the loudspeaker before pressing a button, activating the armor.

The new soldiers began to walk and find their numbers. The veterans watched with their squads or groups as the rookies finally graduated.

"I incorporated the camouflage system of the Yaujats into a part of the second-generation armor. We can create a stealthy elite for spying on targets," the scientist said childishly, even if he knew that his king only had to think about it, and he could see and hear anything on the planet.

"Why the Yaujats? You could have created one yourself," Damian said, looking at the scientist in amazement.

"I'm very busy, and they already have a fairly mature system," the scientist said, looking at the soldiers as robotic hands began to put the armor on them.

"Alright, don't overwork yourself so much. You have to learn to delegate tasks," Damian said, nodding.

"Like you, my king?" the scientist asked, laughing softly.

"That's right," Damian said, nodding as he laughed.

The scientist shook his head before returning to the topic of the armor.

"Of course, that's not the only improvement of the second generation. It was a small integral upgrade in both physical capability and energy. Still, it's not a major technological leap," the scientist said, shrugging. It's not so easy to improve something that's already very good.

In moments, the soldiers came off the platform with the armor on.

They were slightly lighter green than the first-generation suits.

''We'll send 50 of them to Planet Green, set up a small colony and start building the necessary infrastructure,'' Damian said as he saw the soldiers, he couldn't help but smile slightly at the sight of them, it felt really good just to stand on high as he watched them walk.

"Hmm... send John to be their captain. After all, it's an unknown planet, and the universe is full of craziness. We don't want any casualties," Damian said after thinking it over.

The scientist only nodded, indicating he would do it, while also looking at the suits with a bright expression. Those soldiers were like his children taking their first steps.

"Alright, I'll be back," Damian said, patting the scientist's shoulder.

"By the way, my lord, the princess' gift is ready," the scientist said, looking at his king.

"Then give it to me, I'll keep it. Remember to come tomorrow for their birthday," Damian said, nodding.

The scientist quickly communicated before someone brought a sealed box.

"You just have to press the three buttons at the same time, and the box will open, revealing the gift," the scientist said, smiling slightly before taking the box and handing it to Damian.

"Nice," Damian said, nodding as he smiled slightly, looking at the colors of the buttons that matched his daughters' hair colors.

"See you tomorrow," Damian said, nodding before disappearing.

Damian returned home before heading straight to the dining room. His entire family was already having breakfast, so he simply found an empty seat and sat down.

"Where did you go, Daddy?" Ivy asked, looking at Damian, her eyes shining. Perhaps she was looking for her gift?

"That's a secret," Damian said, smiling at his daughter.

Ivy pouted, but inside, she was excited because her father's response could only mean that he had gone to get their gifts.

"My little girls are turning four. In one more year, they'll finally go to school," Damian dramatically said as he pretended to wipe a tear from his eye.

The three girls and the women at the table laughed at his performance.

"It was about time. I wonder what it'll be like," Alice said with excitement.

"Where would you like to go to school?" Damian asked, smiling at them.

Regarding the girls' school, there was still some uncertainty since in a few years, the world would change completely. Although Damian hoped that order would be maintained, there would only be a real power struggle between all the Earth's species.

The only thing that could be truly apocalyptic for humans would be the Monsters or Titans, as Monica had started calling them. But that's what the Avengers were for, right?

"I think Madripoor is fine. After all, our friends are there," Ivy thought aloud.

"Hmm, then we'll soon be living in Madripoor. It'll be nostalgic to leave this house," Damian said, nodding. He had many memories in this place, and he would make sure to leave many protections before leaving.

"Yes, I've lived my whole life in this place," Sophia said, smiling nostalgically.

"Well, it was already strange that we lived here considering our status," Carol shrugged. They lived in this place more than anything for Monica while she was growing up, and later, it was just habit.

"Yes, I'm sure you're already desensitized, but it must have been really uncomfortable for many agencies in this country to have us here," Ophelia said, laughing.

Damian fell silent, thinking about various plans for his daughter's education. He would let them take it easy since, with the present, no one could threaten their safety.

....

The next day.

Damian's house was bustling with activity.

Many people were busy organizing a big party.

It was the birthday party of the three little princesses.

Several people were running around, decorating, and bringing things in.

Sophia was particularly busy, making sure everything was in order.

Since everyone was from Madripoor, things were going smoothly. Everything would definitely be ready before the guests arrived.

Damian was in his room, looking at himself in a large mirror as he got dressed.

Looking in the mirror, the same person always looked back at him—a young, masculine face with bright red eyes.

He didn't really look like a father, let alone a king. People often thought he looked more like a prince.

"How long are you going to stare at yourself in the mirror?" Ana teased from the doorway.

"It can't be helped, I'm very handsome," Damian said, adjusting his hair slightly.

"That's true," Ana said, approaching with a smile, gently caressing Damian's face.

Damian put his hands on Ana's waist and pulled her closer, giving her a soft kiss on the nose, eliciting a light laugh from Ana.

"Have you prepared our gift for Emma?" Ana asked, looking at Damian with a smile.

"Our? That sounds like a lot of people. It's my gift," Damian joked, laughing.

"What's yours is mine," Ana said, smiling as she hugged Damian.

"What are you two doing here, flirting? Remember, you have to go pick up Monica. And you, Ana, you're supposed to be making sure those little things don't get dirty. Ophelia has already gone to pick up the guests from Madripoor," Carol said, poking her head in from the door, looking annoyed.

"Don't be so annoying," Ana said, rolling her eyes from Damian's embrace.

"Hmph, get away from my man," Carol huffed, annoyed, approaching Ana and trying to pull her out of Damian's arms.

Ana just looked mischievously at her before also wrapping her legs around Damian.

Damian chuckled as he watched them act like children. Since his daughters were born, it wasn't common for them to fight like they used to.

"I'll go get Monica," Damian said, kissing Ana's head and then Carol before disappearing.

Damian reappeared at the top of a mountain. The wind tousled his hair as he looked ahead.

There was a clear circle among the trees and grass where a small wooden cabin stood.

Damian smiled faintly as he looked at the cabin, remembering how they built it together, how both of them knew nothing about construction and had to tear it down and rebuild it twice.

Even though Damian could just think it and have it built, they both decided to do it with their own hands.

Damian approached the cabin and opened the door. Looking around, he saw Monica sleeping on the couch with a book in her hand.

She had a messy posture with only a shirt on.

Damian approached her and shook her gently while saying her name.

Monica furrowed her brow slightly before sleepily opening her eyes and looking at Damian.

"Dad, what's going on?" Monica asked, sitting up on the couch while yawning.

"Sweetie, today is your sister's birthday, you should be ready by now," Damian said, chuckling as he saw her tousled hair.

"I had forgotten," Monica said, eyes widening in surprise as she stood up and rushed to take a shower.

"Come back for me in half an hour, I'm sorry, love you," Monica said before stepping into the shower.

Damian just shook his head, smiling faintly, before returning home.

When he got back, he saw his three lovely daughters. As was customary for events, they were wearing dresses the same color as their hair, which Damian found very amusing.

"Daddy," the three girls said before running and jumping into their father's arms.

Damian kissed each of their foreheads before smiling at them.

"Have your friends arrived yet?" Damian asked, looking at them.

"They're coming later," Emma said, shaking her head.

"Well, how about we wait for them in the yard?" Damian suggested, not waiting for their answer as he started to lead them to the yard.

As they walked to the yard, he could still see decorations on the walls and many more people than there would normally be in his house.

When they reached the yard, the four of them saw several white tables spread out, and a small stage in the back.

Damian had made sure the weather was nice, with plenty of clouds so the sun wouldn't be bothersome.

The four of them sat at a table and chatted. Damian could always make his daughters giggle.

While they were talking, Tony suddenly arrived at the door with Happy.

Seeing Damian, Tony was delighted and approached them to greet them.

"Little rascals, happy birthday! Give Uncle Tony a hug," he laughed as he greeted and congratulated each of the girls.

"I hope your gift this year is worth it," Alice said, leaning on the table, intertwining her fingers with a serious expression.

"You..." Tony said, surprised at her behavior before bursting into laughter at her antics. With her small size and cute face, instead of looking intimidating, she was really adorable.

Damian also chuckled as he watched Alice's performance.

"How are you?" Damian asked, standing up and hugging Tony briefly.

"I'm good, I'm a model dad now. I can change diapers in record time," Tony said, acting proud.

"I changed diapers without even touching them," Damian teased.

"Just that? I also created a device for changing diapers," Tony said, looking at Damian with disdain.

"Hmph, I'm sure Pepper doesn't let you use it, so don't brag," Damian scoffed.

"Where's Morgan?" Emma asked, looking at Tony.

"I don't know, she's probably with Pep, greeting the others," Tony said, looking back while scratching his head.

"Well, tell me, will there be many guests?" Tony asked, sitting at the table with the four of them.

"Well, more or less. I think Fury will come, Carol's family, and of course several people from Madripoor. I really don't know who else might come," Damian said, shrugging.

"By the way, how many months old is Morgan?" Damian asked, looking at Tony.

"She's nine months old, she'll be a year old soon," Tony said, smiling happily.

Damian just chuckled at his words.

"We're going to see Morgan," Ivy said, jumping from her chair to the floor and running inside with her sisters to find little Morgan.

----

Remember that you can support me and see 10 advanced chapters at patreon.com/Fast_Reader

104