Chapter 194
2.2k 19 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fury was massaging his forehead as he listened to Maria Hill's reports.

"There has really been a lot of chaos since the gods from almost every mythology appeared a week ago," she reported.

"Before, ordinary people thought it was some kind of coincidence that Thor existed, thinking he was just a strong extraterrestrial. However, with the arrival of other gods and many miraculous acts, things are changing."

"Many beliefs from the past are resurfacing, and cults are gaining strength."

"As expected, animals have gone out of control too. In Siberia, a tiger the size of a vehicle killed two people. There's also footage of an eagle carrying away a calf; the eagle is estimated to have had a wingspan of around four meters."

"Like this, hundreds of cases are reported every day. However, animals are not as dangerous since firearms can still eliminate them, well... for now," Maria said, smiling ironically.

"The presence of people with superpowers has also increased."

"A group of people caught my attention; they call themselves 'masters of mystic arts' and have helped solve various problems with these out-of-control superpowered individuals."

Maria showed him a picture featuring a hooded woman holding orange discs in her hands.

"Jen," Fury murmured, looking at the person in the photo, recalling having seen her at Damian's house.

Subsequently, he tried to investigate her, but all results were unsuccessful.

"What about the animals' bodies?" Fury asked.

"They have already been sent to the laboratories. Many results are still pending, but it seems edible," Maria replied.

"Hurry up the experiments and try to gather as much meat from these animals as possible. It might be the key to gaining an advantage in this situation," Fury instructed.

"Yes, sir," Maria said, nodding.

"Monitor constantly. So far, none of these animals are a reason to call the Avengers, but keep an eye out to summon them when necessary."

"Also, keep an eye on these... gods. If they do anything, try to mediate. In the worst case, we'll try to involve Damian," Fury said with a displeased expression, having to depend on him, but since he caused this, he should fix it.

"That's all. If there's anything important, let me know immediately," Fury concluded, dismissing her.

Maria nodded before leaving to continue her vigilance.

Fury sighed again, unable to shake off his irritation with Damian. He wondered if Damian knew how many people had died because of his selfishness in turning the world into what it is now.

They used to say he was paranoid, but he was paranoid against Damian with good reason. What he did is no different from destroying the world as it was known.

This new world doesn't seem to be very kind to the weak.

...

Ivy was sitting on the edge of one of the palace balconies, her legs swinging back and forth.

Her eyes were fixed on the horizon as if something had caught her attention.

Ophelia was behind her, spinning a dagger in her hands, a habit she had picked up again during the time she had to protect her daughters.

She was a little worried since Ivy had been constantly looking in that direction since the day Jen came.

Not that she thought it was Jen's fault; she was sure it was just a coincidence.

She had told Damian to investigate, but he said it was better to let whatever was happening unfold naturally. Whatever Ivy was looking at would come to her, or Ivy wouldn't stand it any longer and would go.

Damian thought that meddling could disrupt what should naturally happen.

Ophelia wasn't entirely in agreement, but she decided to trust what Damian felt and just kept an eye on her daughter.

Ivy suddenly turned around and started walking quickly.

Ophelia was startled and quickly hid while following her.

Ivy walked through the palace as if searching for someone.

"Mommy!" Ivy said aloud, not wanting to keep searching.

Ophelia appeared in front of Ivy before crouching down in front of her and smiling.

"What's wrong, dear?" Ophelia said, smiling at her.

"Take me to the sea," Ivy said, pointing in the same direction as always.

"Just the two of us?" Ophelia asked, smiling.

Ivy looked around before approaching Ophelia and whispering in her ear.

"Just the two of us, no daddy."

"Oh? Darling! I knew you preferred your mother," Ophelia said, burying Ivy's head in her chest while shaking her happily.

Ivy opened her mouth to say something, but in the end, she just hugged her mother in silence.

"Well, let's go then. Do you want to fly?" Ophelia asked, smiling at her daughter.

"Hm," Ivy nodded with a smile.

"Then let's go," Ophelia laughed before hugging Ivy from behind and flying off.

Ivy laughed as she looked down at the ground; she could see people passing by, occasionally some would look up and see them.

After a few minutes, they arrived at the beach, so Ophelia landed gently on the shore.

"Well? What now?" Ophelia asked, taking Ivy's hand.

"Let's swim," Ivy said, pointing to the water.

Ophelia looked at her beautiful dress before sighing and nodding to Ivy.

The two walked into the water before starting to swim.

"How far, dear?" Ophelia asked after swimming almost 100 meters.

"Hm, 300 times more," Ivy said after looking into the distance and thinking.

Ophelia could only purse her lips before starting to propel herself with magic under the water while carrying Ivy.

Ivy smiled as she looked at all the fauna passing by her side while her hand played with the water.

Suddenly, she squeezed her mother's hand, making Ophelia stop.

Ophelia looked at Ivy raising an eyebrow; they had traveled a few kilometers.

Ivy looked at her mother before pointing down.

Ophelia nodded before swimming a bit slower downwards. As they descended, Ophelia made sure to watch Ivy's expression.

She was a bit worried about whether Ivy could withstand the ocean's pressure.

Ivy looked at her mother while squeezing her hand, indicating for her to stop.

"What's wrong, dear? Have we arrived?" Ophelia asked telepathically.

"Wait for me here," Ivy said in her mind, looking at her mother.

Ophelia nodded before letting her go, but secretly, she used her invisibility on herself as strongly as she could and followed her stealthily.

Ivy swam a few tens of meters before reaching a very dark cave; the cave looked like a black hole devouring the little light there was.

Without hesitating too much, Ivy entered the cave and saw a large eye larger than herself looking at her.

Ivy's eyes glowed softly as she looked into the lizard's eyes, forming a simple telepathic connection.

"Hello," Ivy said, looking at the big eye.

"At last, we meet," Ivy said with a big smile, approaching the giant lizard.

The giant lizard narrowed its eyes, carefully examining the small figure. She looked like a human but definitely wasn't one.

The attraction it had felt earlier was clearly coming from her. At first it thought it was something to eat, to make it stronger. The last thing it expected was a little baby, although for some reason it couldn't muster the will to harm her.

Ivy tilted her head when she received no response and started to approach, extending her hand.

The giant lizard gave a low growl as she approached, although it felt an urge to get closer to the little one. It had always distrusted cunning and treacherous humans and anything resembling them.

Ivy paid no attention and placed her hand directly under its eyes, the tough and rough skin immediately making contact with hers.

"It's like petting a statue," Ivy said, laughing gently.

"What do you want?" a very hoarse voice asked.

"I could ask you the same. Weren't you calling me?" Ivy replied, looking at the large eye.

"You were the one calling me; I just didn't answer," the giant lizard said.

"Hmm, then what's your name?" Ivy asked.

"I don't have a name, they just call me King," the giant lizard said, looking at the small one.

"King? Aren't you a girl like me?" Ivy asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"Girl!?" the giant lizard asked incredulously, raising its head a bit and hitting its tail against the ground.

"Yes, I've always been able to somehow tell, although I've never communicated so clearly with any creature before," Ivy said, smiling.

"I'm over a million years old," the giant lizard said, looking at Ivy.

"That's a lot!" Ivy said, surprised.

"So, little one, what brings you here?" the giant lizard asked. Knowing it wasn't something to eat, it lost some interest even if it still felt an attraction to the small one.

"Let's be friends," Ivy said with an innocent smile.

"Friends? That's a word that doesn't exist for us titans."

"Don't you want to be my friend?" Ivy asked, looking at it.

"What would I gain from being your friend?" the giant lizard asked.

"Do you have to gain something? Isn't it good to get along and be together?" Ivy said, looking confused.

"In what way is it good?" the lizard asked, puzzled.

"Hm, I wouldn't know how to explain it; you have to experience it to understand," Ivy said with a smile.

"I really have no interest," the giant lizard said.

"Come on, just try it. What could you lose by doing so?" Ivy said.

"You're annoying," the lizard said, slamming its tail against the ground.

"I won't leave until we become friends," Ivy said, climbing onto its head and sitting.

The giant lizard grunted in annoyance, but still couldn't bring itself to harm the little one sitting on its head.

Ophelia, who was hiding, saw their entire interaction, although she couldn't hear what they were saying due to Ivy's ability.

Despite the apparent irritation of the lizard, she could see that it was even avoiding moving to avoid disturbing Ivy.

She wonders what's happening and how long Ivy plans to stay in this place.

Ivy remained on the lizard for a while as they seemed to continue talking. As she had no way of knowing, she could only wait.

Several minutes passed as both stayed still.

"I'll go home," Ivy suddenly said after a while of conversation.

"But I'll be back. I won't give up until you're my friend," Ivy said, standing in front of the large eye.

"Just go and let me sleep," the giant lizard said after a moment of silence.

Ivy just gave it a cute smile before starting to return to her mother.

Ophelia, seeing this, quickly returned to where she should be.

"How did it go, sweetheart?" she asked upon seeing her.

"Hm, so-so. She didn't want to be my friend," Ivy said, looking at her mother.

"Who?" Ophelia said, smiling as they emerged from the water and floated over the sea.

"Hmm, I don't know what to call her. Maybe we'll think of a name for her next time," Ivy said, smiling faintly.

"The sunset is really beautiful," Ophelia said, floating over the sea and looking at the horizon.

Ivy looked into the distance and smiled as she nodded.

Both floated for a while before the sun completely set. Then Ophelia started to fly quickly back home.

Ophelia landed on the same balcony they left before placing Ivy back on her feet.

"Thanks, Mommy," Ivy said, looking at her mother with a smile.

"Anytime you want," Ophelia said, kissing Ivy's cheek a couple of times while stroking her green hair identical to hers.

Let's take a bath, you still taste salty," Ophelia said playfully, running her tongue along Ivy's cheek.

"Mama!" Ivy said, laughing as she put her hand on her cheek.

"Hm, you taste quite good; maybe Mommy should eat you," Ophelia said, laughing as she hugged Ivy and repeatedly gave her kisses.

Ivy laughed happily, receiving her mother's affection, but still managed to free herself before running away while laughing.

Ophelia, who clearly let her escape, chased her with a smile.

Soon, both ran towards the bathroom before entering the large bathtub.

Ophelia began to wash Ivy's hair, which was quite short compared to others, only reaching her shoulders. She never liked having long hair, saying it was a hassle.

As it was quite short, she quickly washed it before cleaning the rest of her body and cleaning herself.

Once clean, the two just stayed quietly and enjoyed the water temperature.

...

Outside of Earth.

A ship approached at high speeds.

The ship passed through a thin layer that was imperceptible, causing five young Yautjas to be captured by the system.

There was no resistance, and they were quickly absorbed by it, not even noticing.

The ship landed in a lush forest before the five Yautjas disembarked. They briefly communicated with each other before separating to hunt prey.

They knew that the animals on Earth were not really a threat to them, so they were quite relaxed, it was just a leisurely hunt before looking for really good prey.

They had no idea what awaited them.

Earth was no longer the one they knew, and if they weren't careful, they could die.

----

Remember that you can support me and see 10 advanced chapters at patreon.com/Fast_Reader

87