Chapter 01 : Desert
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, this is your friendly neighborhood Albert Gray and today I have finally gotten out of that damn dimension. If you ask me how did I exit? Then my answer would be ... I poked around stuff and did random shit as I should when there is nothing else to do. 

Such an empty dimension, with no powerups or any old man waiting to torture a teenager to the strongest. Just broken palaces, old buildings, and masks laid all around. No, the masks were nothing special they were just masks but their material was a bit special I have never seen or touched materials that are hard as well as soft. It could bend but at the same time, it was hard enough to keep its structure. 

The Last most memorable scene that I remember from that dimension is still burned in my mind

Ruin Landscape

I entered this dimension when I was a brat, barely 16 or 17. 

I remember trying to kill myself to exit this dimension, thinking this might have been an illusion spell of a highly advanced magician. 

It's been a few .... well two decades. I think, yes I must be around 25 or 26 by now. 

Oh wait two decades means 2 x 10 so I must be 35 huh? I guess I spent the best days of my life there. 

Did I regret that part of my life? Yes and no.

But now that I am outside I don't want to recall those parts of my life right now.

But where is this? 

In front of Albert there lay a vast expanse of desert.

The air smelt like ... insignificant stuff. 

However, the heat was real. Albert with his tropical clothing and backpack was a bit stumped before he tried to sense everything around him. The isolation made him feel as if he was still inside that dimension but for all the time he was in that dimension it always rained once when the light was still there.

He could sense a few weird lifeforms. But ... there was life ?! 

The probability that he had escaped that dimension was increasing bit by bit. 

"There is life"

" But no sign of Humanity yet, well I guess walking ... would be inefficient, might as well jump and check the terrain"

He gathered whatever aura he had remaining after maintaining his defense barrier during the dimensional jump and *boom* there was no crater but the sand had moved and made a small valley in there.

In the air, Albert could see a small dot of black in the vast canvas of golden yellow. 

"It's probably a man-made structure or something? Thinking of that I was lucky it was still daytime otherwise I would have had to survive for the night. before any visual. "

Albert suddenly started sprinting toward the direction he remembered the black dot to be in.

He was fast, although he was mostly lazing around in the other dimension, whenever he was too bored he would do a bit of practice 

In his 3rd year 7th month, He had committed to becoming the strongest aura user since there was a rumor that strong aura users can cut space. He had fully committed to his training. Albeit it only lasted for two days. But there was not much to do in that world other than wonder and explore. After being bored to death he once again committed to the same goal. This time he was at it for a week before giving up. 

In half an hour Albert had caught up to where he should have been able to see the black dot in a better view. He realized that it was a group of travelers by the looks. He thought about what his wants

  1. Clean source of water or at least how to get water in this desert 
  2. Food would be nice but I can see they have camels.
  3. Directions to exit this desert or a map would be good. 

" But why would they give me anything of that? Should I wait for some disaster to befall them and then help them? or do I offer my service as a roaming mercenary? If I remember when I was a teenager, a lot of Adventurers were starting to work as traveling mercenaries in between their quests"

Thinking like this Albert started heading their way.

 

 

0