AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
58 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sigh! I never thought this day would come. I...

I'm informing everybody that [The Throne Of The Dark] is going on a hiatus. I know some of you were hoping I would continue updating, but the time has finally come to put a pause on it.

Why? Because of several reasons:

1. The most important reason is that my Uni is reopening soon and I need to prepare myself for it. What I mean 'prepare' is that I need to put all of my attention on my studies before it happens which isn't even that far off - just a couple weeks.

If you don't know, I'm a first year med student, which is pretty hard to deal with. The numerous subjects are already time consuming and difficult to remember, plus, my lectures are scheduled every day. So, I'm not going to be able to find the time to write.

2. I haven't been having feeling the novel recently. The main reason for that is... I'm having trouble to come up with ideas for future chapters. Don't get me wrong, I know the basic plot, some snippets here and there. But, the exact step-by-step plan for the story isn't there yet. It's kind of frustrating. I have to spend so many hours sitting down with a pen and paper, trying to come up ideas, places, locations, people, etc. It's mentally draining and like I said before, I won't have the time to do that anymore.

3. This is the least important reason but I'll mention it anyway: I'm not satisfied with my current style of writing. As a writer, I keep learning and practicing new techniques everyday. Sometimes, I get an idea on how I can improve my style, other times, I feel like it's not good enough and needs a lot of work. I've been doing this for the past two years, so naturally, my writing has changed a lot. However, I'm not completely satisfied with it. That's why I've decided to pause this novel and continue to practice writing.

4. I've learned a lot an important lessons since starting this novel. The biggest one is that you should always think carefully about the story you are going to write and how you are going to go about writing it. It's also good to have a clear plan about the future chapters as well. It will make it easier to write the future chapters if you have a clear direction and you'll be less likely to make mistakes. The other lessons are if you are trying to create a new world from scratch, then, you need to do it. Start from scratch and try to give the characters their own culture. Also, you can't expect yourself to be a master of grammar. Even the best authors still make mistakes.

In conclusion, I'm sorry for putting this story on hiatus but the circumstances have forced me to. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish it when the time comes.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

AidenUsmani

0