Chapter One : Stupidly Huge Forest, Stupidly Huge People
1.1k 11 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trees around him were so large he wondered whether he had shrunk to the size of an ant. He knew large trees existed, but these trees completely overthrew any he had seen before.

"Hey... Um, where am I?" He had been reading a novel when he suddenly found himself in this forest without knowing what was happening.

"Hello?" Something told him to keep his voice down, so he half shouted it and then the feeling of impending doom settled in and he immediately ran behind a tree that was several times thicker than he was.

A loud thud sounded, again and again, drawing closer. He scrunched his face up and peeked out and saw something that made him want to curse the very world.

"A titan? Is this Attack on Titan?" He half mumbled and was about to resign himself to death, knowing titans could locate humans just by being in the vicinity.

"I can't even run, and I don't want to get chewed up either! Hey, whoever sent me here, where's my compensation?!" With a quick inhale, he rushed out and took a deep breath when the sound of the titan's footsteps didn't speed up.

Looking back, he could see a giant humanoid staring at him with a weird smile that made him shake. No good would come from that smile, nothing at all.

[Please spin a template to activate.] A screen appeared silently but he didn't have time to complain and directly shouted in fright. 

[Y/N?]

"Spin!" Even though he was running, the titan was at least seven meters tall, and if he ran out of energy, the never tiring titan would catch up and he would get to enjoy being crunched and bitten to death.

[-1 Spin.]

[Spinning Template.]

"Can you go any faster? If another one comes, I'll really die you know?!" He looked back and slowed his pace. If he ran at breakneck speeds, if he met another titan up ahead, he'd die all the same.

[Template acquired. As the template is the first, you can choose to merge with the template. Chances of survival will increase exponentially.]

"Then why ask?! Just do it. At least I won't die or end up surviving in the stomach only to die in there." He shrugged and looked around warily.

In the anime, titans didn't always come to you and would try to ambush depending on the titan. If one was hiding nearby, he would be grabbed and turned to mincemeat before he could scream his injustices.

[Ice Queen Template has been soul bound. Would you like to activate? (Because it is your First Template, it is permanent. You cannot acquire another Template's appearance, only skills.)]

"Can I spin again?" He wasn't surprised when he received no answer. His shoulders shrugged, if he could live, he didn't care if he had to use the Ice Queen Template.

"Who's the Ic-" His body was rebounded backwards ten meters as a hand slapped down where he had been walking a moment before. A titan peeked around the tree with an ugly grin.

[System has used the only self preservation skill to protect your life. Please proceed to use the Template.] 

"Oh crap. I would've died. And now, that guy's closer now too!" Because he was sent backwards, he was now stuck between two titans who only wanted to eat him.

"Use the template!" If he hesitated any longer, who could say he'd survive long enough to ask any more questions? He released a sigh when an almost transparent dome formed around him.

[Due to the use of the Template, the protective barrier will shield you. Current time remaining. 5 Seconds.]

[Successfully acquired Ice Queen's Template, Elsa the Fifth Spirit.]

[Success. Skills belonging to template : Cryokinesis, Atmokinesis, Materiokinesis, High Intelligence, Creative Mind, Peak Physical Coordination/Speed/Agility/Balance, Life Giving have been learned.]

[Race change from Human (T 0) to Spirit (T I) has been granted. Basic Attributes have increased. Cryokinesis, Amtokinesis, Materiokinesis have reached Magical Tier from Mortal Tier.] You have acquired mental skills : Determination, Fear Resistance, Familial Warmth.]

[Current Synchronization : 1%] 

[Protective barrier has been depleted. Good luck to you.]

He didn't feel any different, or rather, it should be she now. Well, not in that way, she could feel a seemingly powerful strength in her limbs, and the knowledge of how to create constructs of Ice from nothing, but her body still felt comfortable to her even now.

The titan up ahead which had closed the ten meter distance in the time she had used the template reached a large hand to grab her and could only watch her dodge to the side, her step wasn't large, but she moved over two meters to the right and flicked a finger.

What happened next was magical. An ice stalactite over thirty meters long jutted from the ground, piercing the titan through the chest and lifting upwards over twenty five meters, leaving it dangling helplessly.

"And there's you." She conjured a pillar beneath her and was launched over fifteen meters upwards, but she didn't shatter the pillar and flipped gracefully, landing on the titan's messy hair just after it collided with the pillar.

Unlike the houses and buildings in the anime, her Ice was very sturdy and even after being bumped into, the meter and a half thick ice pillar stood stably.

"I'm not afraid now. I understand I can die, but that isn't making me unable to act." She jumped upwards, a small block launching her upwards ten meters, and then holding out her hand, a flash of light hit the titan's nape as she fell to the ground and looked up.

The titan wanted to turn around, but it's movements were clearly getting slower. Steam kept wafting off the titan, but before it could try to stretch it's greedy hands, it had turned into a solid icy blue colored statue of an ugly titan.

[+.10 Skill Points]

"Killing gets me points? How many do I have, is there a beginner's pack?" She stared at the titan struggling tirelessly with no success and then at the small screen that had appeared.

[Choose one skill : Winter Mirage Movement (100 SP/ Free), Frozen Heart Strike (50 SP/ Free), Winter Cannon (10 SP/ Free), Heat Detection (5 SP/ Free)]

"Winter Mirage Movement. I'm good at attacks for now, but if I get surrounded, I'll get torn apart." She watched the screen vanish and a skill appeared in her mind.

"As long as there's snow or ice in the direction I want to teleport within fifty meters, I can do it as much as I want. I don't have mana or energy so I can spam my skills." A smirk appeared on her dainty face.

29