Chapter Six : Intervention
662 8 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You said you want to help me?" Looking at Carla's uncomprehending look, Elsa nodded and pointed at herself, then at the world outside the door.

"My parents always wanted what was best for me, and I know you want what's best for your children, Eren and Mikasa." Elsa didn't elaborate and watched as Carla frowned.

"I think you're a good person Carla, but destiny would have it so you wouldn't live long, I will change that." Carla looked at the gentle smile on the woman called Elsa's face and wanted to ask questions, but Elsa raised her hand.

"Twenty minutes left. We should prepare to leave." Elsa stood up and held a hand out to Carla who was still sitting, unable to grasp the thought process of this woman before her.

"What's wrong?" Carla didn't hear anything from anyone about anything alarming, but as Elsa looked like a noble, she hesitantly took her hand.

"Good choice. You will live past today." Elsa led Carla out the door and towards Eren and the groups location. Carla wondered why Elsa was so quick, and looking down, she realized she was barefooted.

Even stranger, whether she stepped on rocks or any other objects, she didn't flinch nor show any signs of discomfort. When the two reached the location, Elsa released Carla's hand and stared at the main characters.

"Mom?" Eren asked with a bit of anger, as his dream of being a scout was always firmly denied by his mother. Then the group saw a beautiful young woman with a tall and slender build with blue eyes and platinum blonde hair wearing an off the shoulder dress with long sleeves and a beautiful symbol they had never seen before on the front.

"Hello Eren." The woman spoke, her tone a bit vague, but her voice was soft and cool, but with a sense of softness that didn't make it seem arrogant.

"And Mikasa." She smiled when Mikasa stepped forward in front of Eren protectively and found her to be quite adorable. Armin was staring blankly, unsure of what to do, so Elsa greeted him as well.

"Hello Armin." When Armin's eyes widened, Elsa smiled and walked past them with unbelievable elegance, sitting on the stairs, not minding the dirt as she looked at the walls.

"Who are you?" Eren asked, based on the clothing, she should be from Wall Sina, but what would such a noble be doing in a district like Shiganshina?

"You can call me Elsa, as for who I am, you wouldn't understand in the time we have now. So I'll just say, I'm a friend." Elsa looked back at the four and chuckled.

"No need to be nervous, if anything, I truly wish nothing but good will for you all. And I already gave you a gift." Elsa pointed at Carla and stood up, her translucent cape seeming ethereal in the sunny day trailing behind her gently.

"I don't understand." Armin was visibly confused, so Elsa waved a hand and pointed at the walls and looked him in the eyes, her gaze steady and calm.

"You doubt whether the walls can protect humanity forever, on whether you could be invaded and eaten in the next moment." When Armin gave her a stunned look, she smiled and pointed.

"Well, you have five minutes before your worst fears become reality. You can escape back to the inner gate and wait for transports." Elsa turned back to the wall and sighed.

"How d-did you know?" Armin asked but Elsa pointed at the walls again, turning to look at both Armin and Eren and then at Carla and Mikasa.

"You want to know what lies beyond the walls, what awaits you on the other side, right?" When Eren and Armin both shook, she smiled reassuringly.

"It's as beautiful and vast as you'd hoped, but it is also full of darkness and pain. Will you still go when you can live peacefully in the walls?" At first, the group thought Elsa was a government official, but she didn't seem like one.

"I want to see it! I want to be free!" Eren said determinedly and Armin after a pause nodded and Mikasa stared with a dangerous look in her eyes.

"Eren, you can't go ou-" Carla went to rebuke Eren, but Elsa lifted her hand and held it out to them, with a smile as she glanced at them one by one.

"It's fine Carla. They're right. The world doesn't just consist of three walls, but is immense and amazing. Eren, I knew you would choose to venture out, it is commendable."

"Since he wishes to go, Carla, you should allow him. If not, he'll resent you for denying his dreams. You want him safe, but he will become reckless even if you tie him down." Elsa smiled at Carla and then looked at the geese flying across the skies.

"He's my son! I can't let him throw his life awa-" A loud bang sounded and the ground shook, and the group staggered, save for Elsa who didn't even twitch.

"What was that?!" Eren shouted and rushed off, with Armin and Mikasa on his heels. Elsa smiled gently at Carla and then followed, stopping when she saw the three kids frozen staring at something on top of the wall.

"Impossible! That wall is fifty meters high!" A red hand emitting steam gripped the wall, and it cracked. Then a large steaming head rose and gazed at the district indifferently with it's large eyes.

Before anyone could say anything else, a thunderous sound rang out and air waves blasted everything backwards from where the gate was impacted while huge debri rained down, crushing people or houses.

"You should prepare to evacuate." Elsa reminded as the hole in the wall became obvious to all. Before long, the screams began as a titan walked in with a smile.

Looking at the people to shocked to say anything, she sighed and looked back at the hole and considered closing it, but if she did so, those within the walls wouldn't have the motivation to venture out of the wall.

It was only when sustaining the population became difficult did they mount an offensive to reclaim Maria. If she sealed this breach, then later on, the Eldians would be wiped out.

"Did you know?" Armin whispered softly in shock, and saw Elsa nod at him, even though Eren and Mikasa didn't hear him. Elsa then looked at the the people running past and sighed.

Without explaining, she headed to the inner gate, her pace didn't change, even with the screams of panic and the sound of titans footsteps behind her.

The group kept up, Armin was staring at her back warily, but she couldn't explain a thing in an area where titans were roaming without them panicking.

"No!" A particularly heart rending cry sounded and looking back, a woman was picked up by a titan and was about to be eaten when Elsa sighed and turned, her hand pointed at the titan.

[Frozen Heart Strike unlocked. Promoted to Spiritual Tier Skill.]

A blue light that lowered the temperature around it crossed twenty meters and hit the titan's chest, and before it could bite the woman, it fell to it's knees weakly as ice sealed it away, making it a statue that burst into thousands of small ice crystals, looking beautiful but out of place.

"What was that?" Armin asked with wide eyes. Even titans didn't have such mysterious abilities, right? To turn a ten meter titan into ice and then nothing was to exaggerated.

"Magic?" Elsa spoke, turning her gaze from the woman she saved after making sure she didn't injure herself, she watched her grab a child's hand and ran towards the inner gate.

"I'll explain as much as I can when you are safe." Elsa knew they'd keep thinking of her as someone with ulterior motives, so she decided to throw them a bone.

With that, any thoughts on questioning her were put off as they raced to the inner gate. By the time they passed it, they had seen so many crying and sobbing people it was depressing to watch.

24