Chapter Nine : The Survey Corps Arrives
638 8 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's go." The commander withdrew after giving Elsa a long look, but no one blamed him. What could they do against someone who could make it snow on a warm day?

Elsa didn't look at them again but inwardly wondered how Reiner and the others entered and just shrugged. Using a titan to climb the walls in the anime was possible.

"They're inside. I can't say what will happen now. But the famine will force the government to sacrifice the people with the lie of reclaiming wall Maria."

She didn't speak loudly, so Armin who was the closest to her didn't hear her musings. She looked at Armin's bruised face and shook her head.

He was indeed a genius, but his fighting spirit wasn't strong. She condensed a block of ice and handed it to Armin who didn't understand until she explained. 

"The ice will reduce the swelling." When he put it against his cheek, the ice wasn't bitingly cold, but it was cold enough to offset the burning pain he felt.

Without saying anything else, she stepped away and looked at the crowd. Even with conservative estimates, it was still too many people.

She could repel titans, but the food shortage was unavoidable. Wall Maria had to fall in order to wake up the Eldians, or they would face genocide and perish.

Of course, comparing to the anime, she already saved many, but they would be used as cannon fodder in a short and pointless blitz against the titans.

It was also where Armin grandfather died. Of course, it was deemed a failure of a military operation, but a military higher up confirmed it in the anime, it was a purge.

"I can't just take Wall Maria back, because there'd be no growth. I can probably solve the conflicts, but if I leave in the future, the world will just collapse without me."

"Being dependent is fine, but being overly dependent is asking for trouble." If she did one thing, the possibility of causing even more chaos would rise, and vice versa.

She could only guide them from time to time and hope they would become strong enough. In the anime, they were strong, but they at their cores were driven by vengeance.

She couldn't deny someone their right to feel what they wished, she just hoped to help turn this grim and gloomy world into something other than what it was originally.

...

Three days passed by, with a military policeman stationed nearby to 'discreetly' monitor Elsa. She ignored it and instead tried to figure out how to motivate them without telling them the truth.

Grisha went to obtain the Founding Titan, so shortly after she arrived in Wall Rose, she created a creature of snow and ice, a mixture of a leopard and a wolf and sent it to intercept him.

Life Giving gave both  a soul and wisdom to her creations. Even in the Frozen world, she was already elevated to the level of the gods, and after evolving her template, it reached the Spiritual Tier from Magical Tier.

"With the information I received, it should encounter him soon. Poor guy, driven by his son's need for a solution, he was pushed to kill both women and kids ruthlessly despite being a doctor who hoped to save people."

"Well, he should be okay. But..." The thirteen year limit on titan shifters would soon kill Grisha. Carla would be alive without her husband and Eren and Mikasa without a father.

"Hm? I'm not too clear on him I guess." She didn't dive deep into the manga and novel, so she couldn't think of a way around it if there even was one.

"This is troublesome." Elsa shook her head, her platinum blonde hair waving elegantly as she lifted a hand and condensed a book made of ice.

"Nothing will come of fretting over this. I should go and see this new world, even if it is dark." She didn't mean dark as in ambience, but the main storyline itself. With her current abilities, she could navigate with the complete absence of light.

She closed the book and shattered it into ice crystals. She compiled various solutions to the problems she'd face, but when she realized it was almost completely filled, she just ignored that plan.

"I'll just deal with things as they come. Living Elsa's life was enough to show that some things will come regardless." She opened the door and stepped out, ignoring the military policeman outside the door.

At first, he was blending in, but apparently he regained his courage and stood outside the door. She glanced at him and moved past him with a smooth motion.

"You cannot wander ar-" His voice fell silent because his body stopped obeying him. When he stared blankly at the receding slender back in the white dress, horror was all he felt.

Elsa undid the ice she used to freeze the soldier, her control so precise that the ice didn't have a temperature to the man who was frozen even when it touched his skin.

"They're here?" Elsa stopped in a busy area, not minding the looks she received and looked at the group of people wearing green cloaks with wing emblems on them approaching.

There was Erwin, a man who was driven by his desire to prove his father theories right. Levi, called the best soldier of humanity despite hating killing, and Hange the mad genius of a scientist.

The others who were a part of Squad Levi in the anime weren't present. It seemed that the time hadn't come for them to appear.

In fact, the fact the survey corps leaders appeared here was a major shift in the plot. Of course, with herself being the main cause, she could only face the music.

"Commander?" Being led by some of the useless military policemen, the group was brought to Elsa who stood calmly, observing the group while comparing them to the images in her head.

"This is the woman we spoke about in the reports." The military policeman commander seemed to learn as he kept his rifle pointed everywhere but at Elsa who looked both sacred and pure, giving off a cool feeling.

"The one you said froze your weapons and made it snow? Despite there being no snow anywhere?" Hange asked while giving the military policeman a derisive look and then looked at Elsa.

"This material?" Hange had an eye for details and approached Elsa without concern and examined her clothing and marveled at how seamless and flawlessly created it was.

26