Chapter 3
260 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3

It was unknown just how long Dalton had slept. His mind had been swept off to dreamland. Except there weren’t any dreams to be had. He was in a weird state of being aware he was sleeping but also being awake. But it was like time stretched here in this sort of fresh oblivion. He believed this was more in tune with how life after death might’ve felt.

Ironic he wasn’t given this instead of…that weird virtual space. His ‘thoughts’ were hard to keep up with. They seemed to randomly speed up or slow down in this odd sensory distortion. He wasn’t fully asleep either. Every now and then, it’d feel like something was touching upon what made himself like soft caresses that slowly reached deep and deeper into his being. They were being gentle, trying not to trigger…something.

Oh.

It was like what happened in the virtual space. This time Dalton's disgust wasn’t present, but the desire to not be molested was apparent. The ‘hands’ could never venture past a certain point as if responding to Dalton’s will. It’s unknown how long this went on, but his thoughts slowly started to regain their own speed. No longer did the distortion seem to be apparent. Instead, the hands seemed to grab his entire being at this moment.

The feeling of being squeezed into an all-too-tight tube encompassed his consciousness, quickly pushing him out of its nulled state. Instead, his consciousness felt like it was being…put into a costume. A shell was connected to the tube he was in, his entire being shot into the body, filling it like a cup poured full of water. Slowly he could actually have sensation. So novel, isn’t it, after an untold amount of time being ‘asleep.’

It was like his consciousness spread its roots into the shell, showering him with random data and inputs that had his mind reeling from the warmth that seemed to suddenly suffuse his being. At first, it was ‘legs.’ He could feel those. Then his stomach, then chest - hands - arms - then finally his head. The tube closed off ‘above’ him as his mass of data filled this new shell. There was still an odd disconnect between him and the body as if something was stopping him from integrating further.

But that’d be fixed.

[Beginning System Full Integration]

[Project Genesis coming online.]

[Fusing consciousness with the shell.]

Pain suddenly burned through his entire ‘body.’ Those roots he put in earlier were yanked on and forcibly connected to something. The very act of connecting to something else brought this untold amount of pain. He couldn’t help but compare it to the gunshot he received before being domed. But there was no nulling this. He screamed silently as the pain kept on coming. It started from his feet upwards. His consciousness and data were being stretched and pulled like taffy to perfectly fit the shell around him.

That’s when he realized he literally had feet. Yes, feet. Not the approximation of feet, but actual flesh and blood feet. The pain had gone out around them when the integration was finished. Still, it kept working its way upwards, giving that same unending agony in a ring. His brain was overheating, burning at this feeling. He couldn’t comprehend the primary senses of a mortal creature after not having any for quite a while. He had already formed a disconnect with his old body. Now, here he was, being forced into a meat suit.

As it passed further, his digital being mixed into a physical being, he realized one gigantic crucial detail about his body the moment the groin was passed.

He wasn’t male. No, he was distinctly female.

If it wasn’t for his pain, he’d definitely be protesting this. Was this the scientist’s sick idea of a joke? He didn’t even get the man’s name! 

The process continued. Dalton realized he had a tail, too, more like a velociraptor’s tail coming out from his tailbone. It was odd. But when his consciousness connected, he could feel and instinctively know how to move it. It was much more flexible than it seemed. The novelty would have to wait as it then passed his chest.

Yeah, breasts. In fact, Dalton's entire body was more on the female side now. But his toes and hands have these retractable nails. Was he some kind of predator-like creature? He could tell this body was more potent than his old one, at least through the new sensations. The muscle was odd. Biology didn’t seem to work as he remembered. Instead, his body seemed dense but lithe and rippling with internal power and energy.

Then his head was passed. 

Sensation -bloomed- as the pain stopped. His brain seemed to slow down. It calmed from the agony that had befallen him through the entire process. He was hooked up to some kind of machinery, floating in a warm, thick gel that felt like he was fully encased in jello. Even if he tried to open his eyes, he couldn’t. He had a helmet on his skull with a long tube going down his throat into his stomach. 

His brain halted all thought processes, then seemingly rebooted as his musculature connected to the nerves, the nerves connected to his brain. His brain, as he notices, was a mixture of machinery and matter. How he could see into himself, he’s unsure. But he could see into his body as if looking at himself in the third person…a screen popped into his blinded vision.

[Welcome to the universe, Genesis.]

[I am your self-diagnostic system.]

[I will grow as you grow. Learn as you learn.]

[Bodily capabilities at 100%]

[You are born.]

Born?

He didn’t get a chance to contemplate this. The gel he was surrounded in started to get sucked into some force from below his suspended body. Dalton shuddered at the feeling of the mask receding with the tube in his stomach. Like a long worm moving out of him. It was highly unpleasant. As the chamber volume decreased, he floated downwards, his feet touching the ground finally. A drain below his feet seemed to stick him to it as the flow of liquid passed over and around his body.

He was no longer weightless, a sucking, slurping sound filling his ears as the gel he was constricted in slid off his head. This prompted the removal of the mask with a hiss and a pop, moving out of his sensory range a moment later. He felt a large mane of hair slip into the gel behind his body, long and straight. The moment his eyes opened?

He was blinded.

His new eyes hadn’t seen the light before, perhaps. So it was a disorienting display of purples, blues, yellows, and bright white. A rainbow of color with the awful sound of the gel disappearing below him. His limbs slowly started to finally respond to his desire to move them. He knew he was stronger than his old body. But he felt so -weak- at the moment. All these senses he had were so…

Enhanced.

Smell, sight, hearing, taste, touch. Dalton had to blink for several seconds before his body naturally adapted. The gel was now around his thighs. He was painfully aware of his own nudity as his eyes began to focus…

He gasped.

A new breath of air for a new life.

Along with a new revelation that he was no longer on Earth, probably. Why? The tube’s ‘glass’ was clear. Other than runny strands of goo on the glass walls beyond it was a laboratory that SCREAMED mad scientist. He was in a circular room that was brightened by floor lights. All around him was an art of odd machinery and towers of robotic pieces that didn’t make sense to him. It looked like it was straight out of a sci-fi novel. Actual robots seemed to be doing things, beings made of black or goldish metal moving around and cleaning or hauling stuff around the lab.

There were at least four different sections that he could rotate around the tube he was in to look at. Plants, animals, chemicals, and robotics. Each unit had taken up 25% of the room ideally. Each of them is divided by glass walls. He was in the middle of this room, with four plain and bare walkways leading to his container. 

Moments later, he gained control of his feet and fell to the ground. He was stunned beyond words at this laboratory. It was monstrous; at least 100 people could work around these sections and still have room for themselves. But something else caught his vision.

Dalton’s reflection.

If it wasn’t painfully obvious already, this body was not his. But it was…attractive in a strange way. No, seriously, he was an alien. Starting from his head, his face was sharp and almost elf-like, like an oriental beauty without any blemishes on its flesh. He was unearthly pale -no, white like paper. But without the grossness of being so white with veins appearing through translucent flesh. It just was -white-. His, or gods - HER nose was pointed and not too long, just slightly longer than an average human’s. She had long ears, perhaps about the length of a hand up to its middle finger. Both of them aimed downward.

They seemed to respond typically, he could move them up or down, sort of like a dog’s ears, but they were on the sides of his face. His eyes were sharp, and his resting facial expression seemed to be externally predatory. Aggressive but calm. Like someone sitting on a throne and looking down on you sternly. He had long black hair that appeared untamed and wet, slick with the goo from earlier. It was too long, going down to his waist. But the most prominent feature was the two sword-like black horns with purple tips jutting from his forehead for a good foot or so.

These brought him no discomfort. As for the rest of him, his body seemed to be in an hourglass shape. He was not too busty, but enough to have a good handful if he squeezed himself. The rest of him was the same pale white as his face except for the ends of his new limbs. His arms were pitch black from his hands to his elbows, but they seemed to fade into white in a gradient above the elbow into the bicep. His legs were the same. From his feet up, he was black until his knee, which faded into white along his thigh.

It made him feel like he was wearing long gloves and stockings. Even his tail had the same look for most of it. Except it has stripes of black along the top of the tail until it reaches the pure white areas.

“What the hell?”

His voice, used after not being used for so long, was saying such a cliche line. But how couldn’t he question himself? Especially when his voice held a sort of husky smokiness that a mature woman might have. More seductive in its tone without it honestly trying to be. A voice from above crackled to life.

“Releasing Project Genesis. Standby.”

It was robotic in tone and matter to the fact. There was a hiss of air and a loud POP as the cylinder he was in seemed to rotate in two different directions. His vision of the room blurred as he spun to the right. It was like a jar being opened. He realized real quick that he was on a raised platform. The platform began to lower to some steps and an odd observation booth centered around the bottom. He had paused when in front of him were some steps. The glass finally moved upwards, lifting him to feel the artificial warmth of the outside chamber.

His body filled with strength. He could feel his body finally respond to him with its enhanced power. It was addicting like energy flowed underneath his new flesh and filled it with purpose. He stood tall, and with nothing better to do, he stepped down the steps and onto the hallway. He was now within the middle circle that surrounded his containment, face down one of the hallways that ended in a large metal door.

One that was now opening with loud groaning and hissing noises. What came out of it was a man who screamed mad scientist and a pair of robots with long rifles. The mad scientist was a man floating in some sort of…half-egg? Dr.Eggman? Please don’t let his name be Dr.Eggman…the floating chair held the man in question, who exclaimed loudly.

“Rejoice! My GREATEST CREATION has awoken!”

Fuck, it’s his ‘creator.’

The robots clacked along the warm metal floor while his chair came closer. Now that he could see him closer, his skin was wrinkly like a raisin, which was an apt description because his flesh was the same coloration. His hair also stood straight but was pure white in a punk-like gelled look. It was literally a tower with a cut-off plateau. He wasn’t human. His eyes were…like an insect, a fly’s. Red with multiple facets, while his mouth was a circular maw with teeth. He even had four hands. The man couldn’t have been more than 4’ tall.

“I, THE GREAT DR.RUPELS, HAVE CREATED THE MOST PERFECT BEING EVER! Genesis! Ah! This moment gives me CHILLS! Chills, I say!” His eyes seemed to bore holes into Dalton, making him shudder and feel even more naked than his current state was.

He was still oddly calm like this just wasn’t affecting him in any realistic way as it should. He was like an observer, treating things he sees as fact, which is all there is. Maybe that’s why he’s not freaking out.

“Well? So how do you feel, Genesis?”

That’s his cue. “I feel…awake? Alive? I feel strong and….” He paused; even if it was apparent that this wasn’t his old body, he didn’t feel trapped by his body like a prison. Instead, it was like every fiber of his being was running at 100%. “Energetic? What is this place?” Dalton looked around, frowning.

The fly-man snorted. “Obviously, you’re in my lab! Come, come! You are fresh like baked bread and naked! We will get you clothed, and you will learn what I, your illustrious creator, desire of you in time! It’s your birthday!”

With that, the fly man turns around in his floating seat and heads off with the robots doing the same.

Seeing this, Dalton has no choice other than to follow this man. “Alright, I suppose….” With this, his first steps in this new world are made. He goes across the hallway and into the massive metal door that closes behind him as he enters.

“You’re going to be the best…ehehehe~.”

Chapter 3 is done. I still feel like everything is pretty rough. But that’s what I’m going to edit it later for. I haven’t gotten used to ScribbleHub’s tools yet, but if anyone could give me tips or different ways to do things it’d be appreciated since I’m new.

2 more to go!

11