Chapter 25: Our Father [Part 2]
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Holy shit! I never knew this 'Father' person would turn out to be an ogre!

"Daddy!" Amy shouted, lunging at her father with open arms.

"Amy, sweetie! You missed your old man that much?" Father said, his arms wide open as well.

As the father and daughter prepared for a loving embrace, an aura shaped knife was quickly formed in the young elf's hand. Cindy, expecting a mere hug from the two, was left puzzled when Amy started to wildly swing at her father with the knife. Although extremely large, the ogre was surprisingly quick on his toes as well, springing himself off the exercise bike in an instant, in order to dodge the flurry of attacks Amy hurled his way. Amy was no slouch herself, as Cindy became slightly dizzy trying to keep up with her movements.

Amy and Father both had huge grins on their faces while they faced each other in combat. Thrust after thrust, the elf continued to hurl towards the ogre, until he finally managed to get a grip on the sly elf's right hand.

"Not bad, Amy!" Father grinned. "Still not good enough, though!" he said, gripping her arm tightly.

"Oh daddy, I'm still no match for you, I see-psych!" Amy yelled, producing another aura shaped knife from her knee, and attempting to stab her father in the stomach.

"Oh shit!" the ogre screamed, quickly enveloping his body with aura. The knife was still able to slightly penetrate his stomach, due to Amy's quickness and power. A very small amount of blood was drawn from the large ogre, but not enough to do any serious damage.

"I got you!" Amy screamed happily, dispersing the aura knives from existence. "I win, I win!" she continued, shouting and jumping around the room like a rabbit.

"Gagagaga, that's my baby girl!" Father said proudly while producing a strange laugh. "You've gotten better, I see," he continued, patting the elf on the head.

W-what in the fuck is wrong with these people?

Cindy and Kai were extremely perplexed as they looked on at the two of them.

"T-that can't be normal, can it?" Kai whispered in Cindy's ear.

"N-no way. She totally just tried to murder her own dad, now they're laughing and joking like nothing happened?" Cindy replied.

"Oh, it's normal!" Ben chimed in. "Just a little family sparring session. Keeps you on your toes, right, pops?!"

"Oh yeah!" Father said. "You kids are gonna surpass me any day, at this rate. How's everything been around this place, Ben?"

"Same old, same old. Boring work for me and contracts for our killers."

"Sounds fun! Aria, my angel! Come and give your old man a hug, why don't ya?"

"Father, how was your trip?" Aria replied, groaning and standing still.

"Not in a good mood, huh? Well, the trip was awesome, thanks for asking! I don't even remember how many countries I visited. You should've seen the looks on everyone's faces, when they saw a rich ogre living it up large, Gahaha! How was your trip back home?"

"It was fine," Aria said dryly, turning her head in another direction.

"Oh... Okay? You mad at me or something?"

"Oh, she's just grumpy right now, daddy. Come on, let's go sit in the lounge and talk more! We'll introduce you to Cindy and Kai, our newest members!" Amy said.

"Sounds good! What up, bros?" Father greeted Cindy and Kai, nodding his head at them.

"H-hi," Cindy and Kai responded nervously, giving an awkward wave towards the ogre.

 

The group sat down in one of the many lounges inside the complex and continued to talk. Father continued to talk about his travels around the world, while joking and laughing with Ben and Amy. Aria remained quiet and disgruntled, sitting a bit further from everyone else. Cindy and Kai just sat there awkwardly for a time, occasionally mustering up an awkward laugh or smile.

"Damn, ten women at once? You still got that much stamina, old man?" Ben said jokingly.

"Gahaha, oh yeah! Paritz was a hell of a good time!" Father yelled. "Hey Shirley, bring some fuckin' booze in here, would ya? I'm feeling a little thirsty!"

"How incredibly rude of you, sir. How many times must I tell you, that is not how you request something," Shirley said.

"Oh, it was? My bad, my bad! Shirley, could you please procure some alcoholic beverages for us?" Father corrected himself, closing his eyes and giving a smile towards the auburn haired woman.

"Right away, sir."

"The fuck is her problem?" Amy asked, sitting right next to her father.

"Ah, you know how Shirley is. Feisty, just how I like 'em," Father said jovially.

"She's a dumb bitch," Amy retorted. "Always telling you to speak all proper and shit. You're the damn boss of this place, so you can speak however you want!" she continued, patting her old man on the back.

"You're damn right, baby!" the ogre laughed.

"Sir, we're out of your favorite vodka. Will whiskey suffice for this evening?" Shirley said, returning quickly with a bottle in her hand.

"Damn right, short stuff. About damn time, by the way. Bring that shit over here, already!" Father demanded.

"Sir..." Shirley grumbled.

"Oh damn, I did it again. I'm so sorry, dear, could you please pour us up some glasses?"

"But, of course, sir," Shirley said, grabbing cups from a nearby pantry.

"Oh, we got so caught up in our stupid talks, that we forgot to introduce you to Cindy and Kai," Ben said.

"You're right! You two were so quiet, I forgot you were even here!" Father said sarcastically, acting startled at Cindy and Kai's presence. "Welp, I'm Father, and I run shit around here, but don't bother me for anything; I got assistants for that, Gahaha!"

"Ahahaha, nice to meet you Father, I'm Cindy," the half-elf said, laughing awkwardly. "Oh, thank you," she said to Shirley, who handed her a cup of whiskey.

"I'm Kai, nice to meet you. My old man used to talk about you all the time. Listen, uh... thanks or whatever... for hooking me up with a job here."

"You got it, kid! So, how is the old Don doing these days? You keep in touch with him at all?" Father asked.

"Naw, got no clue where he is either," Kai said.

"Oh, I'm sure he's fine. Probably scheming and trying to take over part of the city again!" Father said, snatching a drink rudely from his secretary's hand, and gulping it all down in one go. "Another drink here, woman! More drinks for the new guys too!"

"Why you..." Shirley muttered quietly. "Right away, Father. Director Aria, would you like a drink?" she asked.

"I'm fine. Thank you very much, dear," Aria responded, a strong glare still ripe on her face.

"Uh, Aria, are you okay? You hardly said a word to me since I've been back. What's the matter, baby?" Father asked.

"Oh, nothing," Aria said. " It just seems that I am the only one who actually cares about this family, is all.

"Huh, what's that supposed to mean?" Father asked.

"Weeeellll, Aria tried to kill Cindy and Kai after she found out Kai was the son of The Don. Now she's angry and stuff. Sooo, that happened. Yeah..." Amy explained.

"What? You told her?!" the ogre asked nervously.

"So, everyone knew except me, I see. Perhaps the love I've harbored all these years was never reciprocal," Aria said, twisting her hair slowly.

"Oh, come on, sweetie. You know we all love ya!" Father said frantically. It's just... you know how you can get, sometimes..."

"No, I do not. Please explain to me, How I get," Aria said, angrily. "You know what, I think I shall have a drink, after all."

"Oh boy. Shirley, dear, could you please bring us another bottle?" Father asked, anxiously.

1