Adventures log -4.1
209 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you enjoyed this chapter remember to favourite, thanks! Also one more chapter coming after this one in a few hours.

Tref closed the journal that he had been writing in, Tref looked over to the campfire too see that it was still blazing very brightly even at the dead of night. Tref rubbed his eyes and looked around to see if anyone was still awake, most of the group that was accompanying the merchant caravan had settled down for the night, something caught Tref's attention, there were 2 people who were on night watch.

 

“Heya Tref, what are you still doing awake?” The voice that said this sounded rough and tired from all the travelling that they had done during the day.

 

“I’m not really that tired, I want to see more magic!” Tref excitedly proclaimed, the person who Tref was talking to was the magic wielding Orc Balagor. 

 

Balagor sighed and patted Tref on his head “Look young one, you’ll have plenty of time to see more magic tomorrow, but for now you should head to sleep, kids like you need it to grow up right” Balagor said this in a much softer tone.

 

Tref yawned at Balagour's response and then looked at the person accompanying Balagor, this person was the spirit summoner, Malabo. “Look Tref, although we agreed to bring you along with us to the capital that doesn’t mean you can disregard your own health, so why don’t you listen to Balagor and head on over there” Malabo pointed to the sleeping bag that Tref had brought along “Then in the morning Balagor can show you some really cool magic, how does that sound?”

 

Tref’s expression instantly flipped into a smile at the mere mention of magic and quickly nodded his head in agreement, “I didn’t agree to tha-” before Balagor could finish what he was going to say Malabo nudged him and whispered “Do you want the kid to sleep or not?” Balagor  relented and proceeded to distract himself.

 

“Goodnight you two, good luck with the night watch!” Tref was now in a cheery mood and the pair responded “goodnight”, Tref marched on over to his sleeping bag and quickly tried to get to sleep, but his excitement over getting too see more magic made it tough to sleep but eventually he passed out from exhaustion.

 

“That kid sure is excited over the smallest things, isn’t he Malabo'' Malabo chuckled at this “Don’t you remember, we were both like that once, wanting to know more about the wonders of the world and about magic itself, I think it's a phase every young adventurer goes through” Balagor nodded in agreement. “Your right , I just hope that kid doesn’t become like those tower mages who are obsessed with everything magic and ignore the outside world” Malabo put her hand on Balagor’s shoulder “Oh come on do you really think that Tref will become like those old statues? The kid loves swords as well, if anything I'd be more worried about him becoming a royal guard” Balagor responded with “A royal guard?? Do you seriously think Tref would have the patience or discipline for that? '' The pair chatted back and forth for a few hours before eventually someone called out to them.

 

“Alright you two it's time to swap over, I’ll be taking over the night watch now” The white cat who said this was still rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. “Alright you got it boss, there’s been no signs of movement from anywhere tonight so it should be a quiet night” Malabo nodded in agreement.

 

Rimmel just nodded at the two as he took his seat next to the campfire, Rimmel grabbed a few twigs that were on the side and placed them into the fire. ‘How long was I even asleep for, feels like I barely rested’, the Rimmel group usually rotated night-watch every 4 hours but Rimmel felt something was off and decided to take over early, ‘if my gut feelings correct then...’.

 

Rimmel scoured the nearby darkness, his piercing eyes looked around at his surroundings, he checked both of his sides but he saw nothing of note, nothing except some shrubbery that seemed to be shaking… Rimmel focused on the shrubbery for a few seconds before suddenly, An arrow quickly shot out at him, Rimmel felt the arrow skim right past his face leaving a small wound, he barely had time to react but luckily dodged out of the way at the last second.

 

“ENEMIES ATTACKING, EVERYONE WAKE UP!” Rimmel shouted as loud as he could and as soon as he did the creatures that were hiding within the shrubbery revealed themselves, they were goblins but one looked different to the rest, one goblin was an odd blue colour and much larger then the others ‘shit is that a hobgoblin’, Rimmel cursed his bad luck and clicked his tongue in annoyance.

 

“WE ARE DEALING WITH A GOBLIN SQUADRON, EVERYONE WAKE THE FUCK UP AND ARM YOURSELVES!”

5