74 : Ant
72 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soon after that, Beatrice turned her attention from the second to the third cube, which she had obtained from the lab.

The moment Beatrice sent her mana into the cube, it suddenly transformed into a page of a book, with over a hundred or so sentences written on it.

'Elf Creation Experiment, Failure'

'Half-Elf Creation Experiment, Partial-Succes'

'Wyvern creation experiment, Failure'

'Ant ativism project, Partial-Succes'

...

'Dragon Egg Incubation, Failure'

The names of over a hundred experiments were displayed for Beatrice to see at the moment, with the vast majority of them being complete failures, with only three that were partially successful.

Suddenly, Beatrice instinctually stretched out her finger, touching the words 'Half-Elf Creation Experiment'

The moment Beatrice did so, the words before her suddenly disappeared, being replaced by a single sentence.

'Insert more Mana'

Seeing this, Beatrice quickly sent more mana into the small cube, causing the image to suddenly shift.

"This is really convenient, I wonder how this was created," mumbled Beatrice as she stared at the text, as well as the pictures that recorded the experiment.

After examing the cube for a few more moments, Beatrice then turned her attention to the experiment itself, as something caught her eyes.

'7 August 177.992'

'Whilst the creation of Half-Elves seems to have succeeded, these Elves are completely inferior to natural Half-Elves, at the same time, they possess nearly no magical capabilities.'

'At the same time, they display various mutations, it seems using half a finger of an Elf is not enough,'

'If the creation of True Half-Elves is to be attempted, a complete Elf corpse may be required.'

'Three experimental subjects have attempted bloodline assimilation, but it seems as though the Half-Elf Rune has no effect on these new Half-Elves, as such, all of them failed.'

'Lifespan extremely reduced, even from Half Elf Livespan, only 250 years,'

'Project Temporarily Abandoned'

After this, a dozen or so images of various humanoid bodies were displayed, each having some various diference to normal humans, some of them had three arms, some had five legs, and others two heads.

The only thing that the humanoid beings had in common was their ears, which were extraordinarily long, as well as their beauty, which seemed on average, much higher than that of normal humans.

After reading the overview, Beatrice couldn't stop reading, as she continued to read through the experimental data.

Average Intelligence, muscle strength, average speed, elemental energy sensing speed, all of this data couldn't help but enter Beatrice.

At the same time, Beatrice also read about the process used in the creation of these so-called 'Half Elves' but sadly, Beatrice could definitely not replicate it, as she lacked any sort of elf biological material.

...

Early in the morning,

As the sun shone through her window, Beatrice, who was still reading the contents of the experiment with bloodshot eyes, fell into thought for a few moments.

'It looks like I need to go back, I can't really study in peace in this place,' thought Beatrice as she watched Elias bring her another cup of tea, and placing next to Beatrice's bed.

"Go prepare all of my stuff and come here once you do, we're going back," said Beatrice as she turned her attention back to the experiment,

"Yes mistress," said Elias before walking out of the room, leaving Beatrice alone.

...

Around one hour later, two figures could be seen walking out of the small town and into the wilderness.

As he stared at the two figures that were approaching him, Steven suddenly became completely silent, as well as completely invisible to the naked eye.

Suddenly, one of the two figures, a female, suddenly raised her eyes from what she was focusing on and stared straight at Steven, smiling at him.

The moment that happened, Steven, who was completely still a moment ago, suddenly flew in the other direction, not wasting even a moment.

Throughout the magic continent, it was very rare to encounter dumb or daring robbers, as after robbing mages for a few months, you either grew a brain or died.

Because of this, nearly nine-nine percent of all robbers only went after weak targets, not even daring to look in the direction of strong mages, fearing that the latter would just take them out on a whim.

Of course, Steven was a perfect example of one such robber, going after the weak and fearing the strong.

...

After scaring off the mage that had wanted to go after them, Beatrice again turned her attention to the experiment she was reading about.

Around thirty minutes ago, Beatrice had finished reading about the Half-Elf Experiment, as such, she turned her attention to another of the Partially-Succesful ones, the Ant Ativism Project.

'Why does this even work?' thought Beatrice as she thought about the project feeling extremely weird.

...

Two weeks later,

Hundreds of ant eggs lay on a tiny metal disc, with a large ant sitting next to the eggs.

Suddenly, a distressed look appeared on the face of the little ant, as the hundreds of eggs suddenly flew mid-air.

Each one of the eggs looked nearly exactly the same as the ones next to it, well, all except for one, which was then separated from the group, flying towards Beatrice, who was not far away.

"Who would have expected this would actually work," mumbled Beatrice as she stared at the tiny ant egg in front of her.

Completely disregarding the normal biological process, the Strotegan and the Sharraphan species of ants actually managed to breed with each other.

And even more unbelievably, what was born was not a new species of ants, but rather the now-extinct Docepinae ant.

This went completely against everything that Beatrice thought possible.

As Beatrice stared at the little ant egg before her, as well as the chart containing over a hundred or so species of ants, Beatrice slightly trembled.

"This might actually work," mumbled Beatrice as a weird light entered her eyes.

At this moment, Beatrice knew what she needed to do.

She would become an Ant-Breeder.

5