7. A Job
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taken to a room with stacks of wooden and metal blocks in the corner 

 He took a few wooden ones and placed a shiny thing from his pocket in them.

 The four of us were given a blank 6x3 inch wooden tablet with a clear crystal in the middle of it. The tablet was surprisingly heavy, definitely able to knock out someone if thrown.

 "That's your card, steadily, direct magic into the crystal and it should burn onto it."

 Doing as told, the wood was engraved. Nine diagonal marks, my name, the word dark, a diamond, the color purple, and a half finished simple design were slowly etched into the piece. He slowly walked around watching our cards, making note of each one

 "From top right to left, of course it has your name, magic color, mana potency should be a few marks, mana affinity, your eyes, and the amount of mana you have. The more complex the design the more you can hold.

 Lastly if someone other than you tried to pour magic into your card, the carvings will overlap and it will be destroyed. Well that's it for me, welcome to the Cord, go back to the receptionist if you want to do jobs or whatever."

  Seeing the man turn to leave, Leonard asked "What about the diamond on my card, it wasn't on the school card?"

 

 "Don't worry about it. Just go see the desk guy." 

 

 "Le, you seem pretty strong, thinking about going on a hunt? I'll let you join mine!" Tomathy held his new card out, three marks and a plain fire design were showed.

 "I didn't have anything planned after this, sure." 

 "How about you Rem? You seem more long range orientated, you could stop them from running."

 "It's Remmus. That would be a good role."

 "Hm, well have fun Tom, the library awaits me!" 

… At the front desk 

 "Any good huntin-"

 The fluff ball materialized four papers from nowhere and shoo-ed us off to talk to the next in line.

 "Let's see here… hunt Salsolem last seen near Notsu, hunt a blood boar for the baker's surprise birthday party, guard Izuna village from Drokel, check merchant path for unwanteds… how about that Salsolem, humans are always fun to fight." Tom smiled, showing his battle junkie tendencies.

 "Look at the paper, she has been on the run for nine years now, if she knows what she's doing I doubt we would find her." Leonard countered shaking his head. 

 "Then bugs, the only thing there that would interest me would be the queen. I doubt us fighting a boar would be any fun. Let's kill some bugs." Tom put in his vote

 I listened to them make plans for this bug mission, not having any knowledge to input and not wanting to seem a fool. Neruo did say he was going to the library, I should go there after this is done. Get some needed information about what's happening.

 That should be my goal for this first one or three years actually. Leaning heavily on getting information and connections building. Then a few years to build my strength, that would probably take four - five years? While getting strong I should be able to make a few plans to breed plots and storylines for the next fifteenish years. I also need to plant myself close to the mc when he is born or able to do actions but that will come last.

 Man, Orange gave me a long ass time to do this. 25 years but I'm sure it will fly by. 

 "Can we leave in an hour? In front of the gate. I have to tell a friend I'm leaving." Leonard asked but it was more of a statement leaving no room to push.

 

 Oh looks like they finished the details "Right an hour is fine, I need to buy a few things."

 With that they both left, and I went back to the furry ball that I haven't asked the name of a question.

 "Any recommendations for blacksmiths also I never got your name?"

  "Ur Sa." It's face scrunches. Does it dislike giving its name that much? "Take a right when you leave then a left, there's a shop called 'Weapons and Racks'. Most can vouch for them.

 I nodded thanks and I was on my way.

 I have three things I really wish to buy, a tonfa, a few throwing knives, and wire and the 42 white and copper coins I looted will not cover all three. So I plunged into an internal debate on what's more useful now.

 Tonfa is close range, something I'm lacking in right now. Knives would do the same as vector arrows, so those can be put off. But wire, if I can avoid direct confrontation my being a ninja- would it even work on these Donka or whatever, I can't be bothered with their name right now. Tonfa is the safest bet even if it's made cheap. Plus Snake might have a way to prolong its durability.

 Weapons and Racks had more of a random assortment of metal tools than I expected. Hoes, spears, swords, a stick, shields, daggers, trowels, halberds, saws, ect… yet even going through the back there wasn't a single one.

 "Sorry kid, they're just not used. But I could put in a special order, one gold." The owner gave a toothy grin.

 "Too expensive, how much for a simple dagger." Look at a pile, he seems to have a surplus, I wouldn't mind changing the plan to save a bit of cash.

 "Those…" he puts his hand on his chin, pretending to mull over it. "I need to see your card, then itsa silver each."

 "Six white coins." I counter. I never got the conversion rates of these but seeing that there is copper should be less than that. I gambled, really hoping whites were not the tin or diamonds of this world.

 After a small staring contest he agrees and I buy three. And head to the gate. All the while practicing the soul protect.

 …  

 Ten minutes before the meeting time Snake spoke. 'I'm surprised you did not go back to Letoy for weapons or a tent.'

 'This is not a big spend, I think, I don't want to talk to them right now.'

 'So what about buying a tent or tarp? From the map at the gate Izuna is at least a day and a half. Rain and heavy winds are a thing.'

 'I've been referencing my time as a ninja the whole time I've been in this world. Do you not think I can't handle that?'

 It shrugged mentally. 'Just small talk. I nor the Big O care if you get sick. As long as you are alive and do your job.'

welp thats all i wrote so far, part from the other two in development still... Question quests and qomments welcome

0