11
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That's the least you could've done was to tell me about yourself."

"I know…" she mumbled.

"So, why are you here again?"

She sighed once more. "Do you know why your parents divorced?"

"Not entirely."

"You should," she explained calmly, "it's important that you know everything, because it might come in handy later."

"Alright, I promise I'll listen to you, but please don't tell me anything about them. And most importantly, stay away from me. You're hurting me enough as it is. We were best friends once."

It was silent for a moment. He couldn't stand looking at her face. There were many emotions swirling behind those brown eyes, none of them belonging to herself. After a while, he finally heard her voice say: "You're right. I hurt you too much, I guess. That's why I came. I hope someday you can forgive me, and I wish we could start anew."

"Yeah." He looked at her for a while longer before asking: "So, why are you here again? Don't you hate me?"

She paused for several seconds. Then she spoke: "No, I don't."

"Because you were a bad friend." He couldn't hold back anymore. "All of this, my family's death, what happened during that festival… it all happens because you didn't take responsibility for it."

His last words hit home. She lowered her gaze, looking at her lap. For the first time since she'

0