Chapter 1- A Tale of Grimm
27 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hession, Kaiver, Grimm.

Once upon a time, these three words were the most revered names in the empire.

The Evelion Empire, to be precise.

The largest empire in the known world.

Of these three names, the Grimm was once the greatest.

Nearly a century ago, two brothers who bore this name achieved the most honorable accomplishment in history:

The extermination of the King of Demons- Asmodeus.

It was a tale as old as time, a story not one living soul has not heard.

But unfortunately, as much as it was a tale of a great feat- it was also a tale of tragedy.

At the cost of the demon king’s life- the younger of the two, Alain Grimm, lost his own life in the process.

As the surviving brother between the two, Arsene Grimm buried his brother with promise and anguish and dedicated himself to building a future that Alain would have dreamt of.  

And eventually, that dream was achieved.

Unfortunately, very few saw compassion and benefit in the future Arsene devoted himself to reaching, and so-

Once war came to the kingdom of Evelion decades later,  with only Arsene’s great-grandson left to head the dukedom, the world he had spent nearly his whole life creating was brought to its knees due to interference from outside forces.

With the fall of the Grimm family’s reputation, the dukedom weakened as well, becoming an object of pity in the eyes of the kingdom.

The Grimm family only fell further as time went on, a period that only worsened with the death of the matron of the Grimm household, the duke’s wife- Alicia Grimm- which made the duke depressed and neglectful.

However, one day, a newfound hope appeared within the only daughter of the Grimm family- Aisha Grimm- with extraordinary power, said to have S-rank potential before the age of 30.

However, as she grew famous, the rest of the family only suffered worse.

Her brother, Ashford, was ridiculed relentlessly.

Known as the “Terrible Twin”, Ashford only became an object of disdain in comparison to his powerful sister.

MY sister. And although she had done her best to stop the jeering- there was nothing she could do, as the opinions of everyone around me were filled with pity toward my inept self.

The only friends I had left me as they grew resentful of my status. 

I am the worthless sibling.

Yet, one day, as I descended into an unknown room in my household out of curiosity, what awaited me- hungrily, desperately, and fatedly- grew a grin.

That day, was the day the tragic tale of Grimm, had finally started to see the light at the end of a dark pit.

That day, fate- whoever they are- greeted me with a warm smile.

3