Chapter 27: Purchases
1.8k 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Since the vacant spaces offered by <Babel> start from the fourth floor, we should go directly there."

The floors before those mentioned had spaces that were used for exchange and spaces for public use.

After a while, the circular elevator stopped on the fourth floor. We stepped off the pedestal, and I gazed in awe at the room's interior. Although I knew this place, I had never been here before.

After taking a look around, I saw there were weapon and armor shops everywhere. Lili was visibly excited and enthusiastic, her big eyes shining and her tails wagging happily behind her.

"Tooru-sama, this... if Lili doesn't misremember, the fourth floor up to the eighth floor is operated by the <Hephaestus Familia>, right?"

Lili gulped and approached a sign whose letters were written in hieroglyphics. However, anyone with common sense would know that those words meant Hephaestus.

"That's right; even though our destination is higher up, it wouldn't hurt to stop at this floor to explore since it's my first time here as well."

In front of the tent that had an observation window, Lili's movements stopped.

"45 million Valis?!"

Lili staggered backward, crashing into me.

Wow... that amount of Valis is exorbitant... I was speechless at the price of the red sword and wondered if it was a good idea to come here while following Rose's reminder.

Seeing the price of this plant's products, I didn't even want to imagine what the higher plants entailed. However, I doubted a girl as indifferent as Rose would lie to me.

"Have an excellent morning, dear customers. Is there anything I can do for you?"

We, standing mute in the hallway, caught the eye of a middle-aged man. His charismatic smile and sly foxy eyes watched us as he said that.

"No, we're just visitors who want to see the place. Well, if you'll excuse me..."

At Mr. Salesman's look of disappointment, I tugged at little Lili, dumbfounded.

"Let's go to the next floor. It looks like it wasn't a good idea to stop on this floor first."

Our destination was the eighth floor.

Thanks to the magic stone elevator, we slowly made our way up.

"Okay, here we are."

"Tooru-sama, are you sure it's a good idea to come here?"

Opening the elevator door, the view outside was not much different from the fourth floor. Swords, spears, daggers, bows, armor, etc... as expected of a <Smith Familia>, different types of weaponry were displayed from inside the stained glass windows.

Furthermore, I noticed that the number of adventurers here was more significant than that on the fourth floor. If one were to look at this scene, one would think that these were powerful adventurers who could afford to spend astronomical amounts. However, upon inspection, I could see that they were not as strong as one would expect.

Not to mention their equipment, it wasn't as memorable as what a group of outstanding adventurers would carry.

"Hey, Lili. You don't have to be afraid of this place, you know?"

Lili, who seemed uncomfortable by the presence of many adventurers, looked up. She, who adapted to a different mentality, possibly thought that these adventurers were prestigious and that someone as poor as her would only dirty this place.

"Actually, this floor isn't what you think. Come, I'll show you."

I smiled and had Lili follow me through the corridors until we reached a spear shop. The prestigious battle spears, behind the display case, with their spearhead pointing to the ceiling, were lined up one by one. It seemed popular because many customers were inspecting the spears from the side.

Lowering my eyes, I looked at the price...

Nine thousand valis... if so, even someone as poor as me can get this spear. Although I was sure of Rose's words, in reality, after seeing it with my own eyes, it was hard to believe that on top of all the previous prices, there was a place with such low prices.

"Eh? T-Tooru-kun, this price....".

Even Lili was stunned.

As we moved, I took it upon myself to explain to Lili what I knew.

Apparently, the <Hephaestus Familia> was in charge of making even their low-ranked members have the opportunity to continue creating their products. And these products were put into this plant after being inspected and separated from the higher-level armaments.

"Lili understands."

Lili nodded and let out a huge sigh of relief.

"By the way, Lili, do you have a special ability or something?"

Having a customized armament, or minimally, one that was compatible with its user or bearer, was extremely important. This way, the adventurer could show off their full capabilities.

Although Lili was a <Support>, and most of them were limited to carrying nothing with them —staying behind the safety of the adventurers— I thought that Lili should carry something equipped to defend herself, and if that something turned out to be good, not only would I be able to protect her, but I might also get to benefit from it to lighten the burdens in the dungeon.

"Mm, Lili really does have an ability."

To my surprise, Lili nodded in confirmation. I couldn't help my curiosity rising; after all, not many people received an ability by being blessed by the gods.

"<Artel Assist>. It's a support ability, more than anything." Lili raised her tiny hand and, with her slender fingers, pointed to her back: "When Lili carries a certain amount of weight like my bag normally is, this ability helps me compensate for the abilities. And depending on that weight, that compensated amount varies."

The ability mentioned by Lili was undoubtedly fascinating; however, it was a pity that it was an ability whose strength was in support and not in a battle.

No, wait, maybe it could also be used in battle?

"It's a great skill if you know how to use it."

"Hm? Tooru-sama, Lili doesn't think this skill is good at all."

Lili shook her head; her eyes glittered faintly. She seemed to be annoyed, perhaps because of her ability that only allows her to be a <Support> that serves to accompany adventurers and not fend for herself.

In any case, that could change. Looking at the signs, I entered a shop with signs for armor and shields, followed by Lili.

Even I was excited by sight before me. Lots of wooden mannequins equipped with armor radiating a faint metallic color. On the walls, there were stands with shields and battle helmets. Although most of these products looked simple, they actually seemed to manifest their dignity.

"Ugh, Lili doesn't like this smell....."

With a small whisper, Lili complained. The metallic smell was thick and stung in the nostrils, an apparent obviousness that would be expected from a similar environment.

"Lili, we can split up and find what we need at our own pace. Oh, and before you go, remember that I can only afford something worth 20,000 Valis, understood?"

I, who was about to leave, bent down to Lili's level and stroked her head. Her face was instantly dyed with a red tint.

"M-mm, Lili will do as Tooru-sama asks."

Lili nodded repeatedly, and, like a fish slipping through a slippery hand, she slipped out of my grip, her tail wagging merrily; she disappeared among the shelves.

"This girl... at least her actions seem more natural, unlike before, where you could tell a mile away that she was acting."

I shook my head, and with my lips pursed into a smile, I looked at the equipment.

—Okay, let's get to work.

On my pa treon you can read 20 advance chapters.

www.patreon.com/YoseiShiro

...

Happy New Year! <3

...

I had decided to change Lili's ability a bit to make her more useful in the dungeon.

20