Chapter 1
178 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within an old dilapidated and cramped room, a frail-looking youth with pale skin and dark circles under his eyes could be seen sitting on an old worn-out mattress laying on the floor. 

The teenager had black eyes and ashy blonde hair. He looked quite impoverished and both his clothes and face were dirty.

The young man seemingly around 16-17 years old was currently looking at his reflection in a broken piece of mirror with both a confused and dazed expression on his face. 

“I am really not hallucinating.”

“This is not a dream nor this is Hell. I am truly still alive.”Muttered Luciel. 

Believing that he might still be in a partial dream state. He pinched his bony cheeks to make sure he still wasn’t dreaming. 

Ugh!’ 

Really painful. 

‘I pinched too hard.’ 

But this pain proved it was real and not a dream. 

Luciel sat there in a daze. Even after half an hour of contemplating and racking his brain, he still could not understand the head or tails of what happened. 

He was now in another world inside someone else’s body! 

How could this happen?

His mind ran back to his memories before he went to bed, or more precisely … the last memories he could recall in his past life.

The last thing he remembered was being ambushed in his house by a group of heavily arm masked men in the middle of the night. 

Unfortunately, even though he had managed to singlehandedly massacre his way out of the house, he was betrayed by his right-handed man who was supposed to pick him up that night and ended up being shot in the chest multiple times by him. 

However, as he was losing consciousness due to a massive loss of blood, an unexpected supernatural incident occurred. 

He noticed the small and exquisite black obsidian Rubik’s cube pendant on his chest sucking the blood coming out from his wounds like a sponge. 

That's where his memory ended before he slowly fell into an eternal sleep, so he thought before waking up in this new body in a different world. 

“Are you the one who brought me over, mate?” Whispered Luciel as he gently stroked the back of his right hand were a very small black Rubik's cube pattern was visible.

The pattern looked similar to a tattoo. This black cube-shaped pattern was none other than the mysterious black obsidian Rubik’s cube pendant he was wearing. 

Even though it has transformed into a small tattoo on the back of his hand, Luciel could confidently say that this was the small black Rubik's cube in question. 

He was unable to explain how he knew of this, only that his heart was telling him so, a real and yet mysterious feeling.

Stroking the tattoo somehow gave him a sense of comfort and peace. Ever since he could remember, he has been wearing this mysterious black Rubik's cube pendant. 

It was the only clue about his identity in his past life which was why he never threw it away despite not having any monetary value. 

Unlike a regular Rubik's cube, his was very small and was covered with numerous unknown symbols and marking. 

It was made with an unknown material which was neither metal nor wood. Even one of the most decorated and smartest scientists in his past last life was unable to recognize the materials. 

However, it was stronger and sturdier than even diamonds. He tried to crush it many times with a hammer but couldn’t even leave a dent in it. He even tried to burn it but to no avail. 

It wouldn’t get hot even when put on fire or cold when put in a freezer. Its temperature always remained the same no matter the environment. 

This black obsidian Rubik's pendant was extremely mysterious. It had an ancient and archaic feel to it as if it had been passed down from a distant era.

According to the people in the orphanage, when they first found him, abandoned in front of the orphanage’s main gate as a baby, he had this black obsidian Rubik pendant on. 

While Luciel was gently stroking the small black cube tattoo on the back of his hand, he suddenly felt the back of his hand getting as the small tattoo was emanating a black smoke-like whirlpool.

“What the hell?” 

Luciel was stunned. However, before he could think of anything else, the small whirlpool made of black smoke suddenly emanated a powerful sucking force that immediately pulled his consciousness within. 

At that moment, Luciel felt as if he had begun to float.

He revolved around the whirlpool, feeling as if he was a small bird soaring through clouds.

Suddenly, he was ejected from the whirlpool. He hurriedly snapped his eyes open wide.

He discovered that he was standing or floating in an endless white void. And, in front of him was the exquisite black obsidian Rubik’s cube, hovering and slowly rotating in the air. 

Unlike before, the small black obsidian cube has become bigger. It was now three times the size of a regular Rubik’s cube. 

Due to the increase in its size, the numerous markings and ancient runes engraved on it became more visible and clearer. However, Luciel was still unable to decipher them. 

Aside from that, it also emanated a strange yet invisible wave of energy. Even though he was unable to tell what sort of power that was, Luciel knew that it was extremely powerful and felt danger from it. 

“Just what the hell is this black cube?” Blurted out Luciel. 

However, before his voice could even fade away, a strange mechanical voice suddenly rang out within his mind accompanied by a disorienting rush of information that flooded his mind. It wasn’t painful but seemed to last for ages.

[Ding! Initialization complete]

[Establishing Soul Bond]

[The Gravitational Field System has now successfully bound to the Host]


Name: Luciel

System Level: 1

Attributes: Strength 7, Agility 8, Constitution 15, Intelligence 9, Wisdom 12, Charisma 7.

Gravitational Field: 2 meters 

Gravitational Force: 2X

Gravitational point: = 0

Skills: None 

‘So that’s what it was.’ Luciel inwardly thought as he was looking at the strange blue panel in front of him. 

It hung there in there in the air. Solid yet with no real attachment to anything and no real form.

Even though the vast amount of information was perfectly preserved in his mind, it still felt weird and foreign. 

The information was there from the ground up – however, his mind hadn’t yet sorted it and made enough connections for it to feel like his memories, just like the memories of the previous owner of this body. 

‘Gravitational Field System, a system that allows me to control gravity.’ 

‘According to the system, I am now able to partially control the gravity within a cubic area of two meters diameter around me.’

‘Partially because I can only double the gravitational pull within the two meters field. Though I can only double the gravitational pull, I can completely erase the gravity pull within the same two meters domain.’ 

‘Also, if I want to increase the gravitational force and the gravitational field, I'll need to use Gravitational point.” 

‘While every 100 gravitational points can increase the Gravitational Field by one meter, I'll need 300 gravitational points to increase the gravitational force by one.’ 

“This little black Rubik is truly terrifying. But why the hell I couldn't awaken its ability back on Earth?” Blurted out Luciel with an indignant look on his face after realizing just horrifying the power of the black Rubik pendant was. 

5