Chapter 2
117 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ohh well! I can’t be too greedy. I should be content with the fact that I’ve been granted a second chance at life. Not many people have such a privilege.” Said Luciel after regaining his consciousness.

“For me to survive, I would never have expected such a good thing to happen. It appears that the great me must have accumulated no small merits in my past life, perhaps even immeasurable amounts of merits. Waha ha ha… “. At this point, Luciel couldn’t help but let out a burst of loud laughter.

He was extremely happy and was over the moon at the moment. He truly thought it was the end for him after getting shots multiple times in the chest by his most trusted subordinates. 

He was so young and had so many things he wanted to accomplish. Even though he had lived a spectacular and grand life, he still didn’t want to die. No one wants to die and he was no different. 

However, not only he was still alive, but he was also transmigrated to another world with a powerful cheat system. 

After drowning himself in happiness, Luciel finally managed to calm himself down and began to inspect his new body and surroundings. 

Malnourished, numerous bruises, atrophied muscles, joint stiffness…

‘What kind of person is this? His body is too fragile! Truly a crappy one!’ Luciel inwardly thought. 

‘But it doesn’t matter. With hard work, discipline, and this new system, it wouldn’t take long for the great me to stand at the top again.’

‘Aside from that, this kid got some good looks, quite the handsome one but he looks too feminine.’ He added as he looked at his face in the broken mirror again.

Indeed, the previous owner of this was body was truly handsome. He had amazing facial features: narrow eyebrows, a high nose, and beautiful lips. 

His lips were tip and the corners of the mouth curved downwards, making him look indifferent and alienated. 

He was handsome to the point of being a bit bewitching, almost resembling a girl. People would believe it if he said that he was a woman.

Recalling his past life, his appearance was simply impressive and manly, full of killing vigor! Even though his look was not exactly the popular type, he wasn’t ugly either. 

While his overall appearance might have been average, he was at least a standard male! Plus, he was also filthy rich which trumped over his average look. As such, he was still able to bed even the most beautiful women in the city. 

“You might have good looks but you were truly a dirt poor motherfucker.” Blurted Luciel as he shifted his attention toward the cramped room and began to inspect it. 

The room was was medium-sized, around 80 square feet with mottled walls and one glass broken window covered in stains. 

The wooden door of the room looked quite old and rusty with a chair behind it at a 45-degree angle acting as a lock for the door.

The cemented floor was littered with cracks and a couple of holes. On the right side of the room was an old dirty mattress laying on the ground. And next to the bed were four big water bottles along with some packs of instant noodles.

 

Aside from that, the room was completely empty. Even within the standards of slums, it was a relatively poor house to live in.

The faint sunshine of the early morning that shone into the old apartment room was like rain falling on a dirty robe, making it more dirty and smelly.

“Don’t worry, now that I’ve taken over your body, I’ll make sure your dream come true and become the most powerful hunters this world has ever seen.” Said Luciel with a confident tone. 

After assimilating all the memories of the previous owner of this body, not only he knew about the previous owner's past, dreams, and hopes, but he also got a rough idea about this new world. 

From his memories, Luciel knew that he and the previous owner of this body had two things in common. 

They were both orphans and didn’t know their parents. They were also both names Luciel and didn’t have a last name. And that pretty much summed up the similarities between the two. 

While the previous owner was a soft-hearted and innocent law-abiding young man, Luciel was a cold-blooded criminal that would use any means or methods up his sleeves if it meant achieving his goals. 

It didn’t matter if he had to kill, scam, and even betray his comrade. He would do anything to stand at the top and live a life of luxury. 

It was also the main reason that he didn’t feel wronged or get mad when his most trusted subordinates betrayed him as he would have also done the same thing if he had the chance. 

“With such a good heart and weak mentality, how the hell did you expect to become a powerful hunter and live a lavish lifestyle in a world where the strong rules.” 

Unlike Earth which was more like a peaceful world, this new world also known as Aqua Erath was overrun by terrifying monsters. 

It wasn’t always like that, this was once a peaceful world. However, that peace when out of the window twenty years ago when numerous mysterious wormholes appeared all around the world.

These wormholes spawned at random places all around the world and from with them came out endless powerful monsters that destroyed everything in their paths. 

Human weapons were useless against them. Numerous cities and even countries were destroyed by them. The humans were unable to do anything against them. The battle was grim and the future looked bleak. 

Humans were driven to the brink of extinction by the sudden appearance of these monsters. 

However, out of the mountain of despair, a stone of hope appeared. One single human with strength, speed, and abilities comparable to the gods in legend appeared and killed a giant monster with his bare hands.

Just like a domino effect, more humans with numerous power and abilities began to awaken and humanity began to fight back. These powerful humans were known as hunters. 

Hence began a new era. An era where hunters thrive on hunting monsters that came from the Gates. 

Soon, most of the lost lands were reclaimed and the surviving monsters began to retreat within the wormholes and formed something the humans referred to as dungeons all over the world and still threatened humanity. 

“What a wonderful world. I think I’ll fit just right in.” Murmured with Luciel as his lips curved upward into an evil smile. 

Others might see this world as a super dangerous world filled with monsters, a world on the brink of extinction, an unfair world where the strong prey on the weak, but to Luciel, there was no other world as perfect as this one.

5