Chapter Three : Alexi Darkshore
147 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You?" Zackery didn't know what to say. The cat he had been holding a moment before turned into someone so beautiful he knew he'd never find an equal to her.

"You can call me Alexi Darkshore Zackery. I know your name because when you slept, I looked at your memories. You were right, that isn't a family, and you don't deserve that treatment." Alexi said with a frown.

When she saw his memories originally, she wanted to arrange accidents for all those who caused him pain, but held back. Zackery read lots of books, but having something deemed impossible happened to him throw him off.

"It's just how it is." Zackery wanted to apologize for petting her but she didn't let him. She pulled him to his feet and smiled, her hands gently touching his cheeks, guiding his eyes to her own.

"No, that isn't good enough. Come, let me show you something." Alexi's eyes flashed and the previously clear surroundings turned misty, and a brief sense of weightlessness assaulted him before fading.

"Your Majesty?" A voice sounded and four people in leather armor knelt, eyes on the ground in front of Alexi. Zackery didn't have time to gawk because Alexi dismissed them and dragged him behind her.

"This Realm is called Vastecia, or the Winter Realm. It's a sanctuary to all who wish to live here." Yavia followed behind, still in a normal dress.

By the time they left the rooms, Zackery realized he was in a castle before, but it took nearly an hour to leave! Outside were houses and buildings with so many different people around, he gaped.

"Humans have a strange concept of family, while we Faeries are different. Family is sacred to us, more than you know." Alexi smiled when she saw Zackery staring at the buildings and her subjects outside.

Of course, Alexi was Queen and everyone who saw her was shocked, but none came to interrupt her as she led Zackery around, his hand in hers.

"We live for a long time, so fighting is useless. We like to pursue what makes us happy, and I wish you will too." When Alexi stopped, Zackery stood in a snow covered forest with four large moons in the distance.

"You are Faeries, I'm just a human." Zackery shook his head but Alexi grabbed his face again, and made him look her in the eyes, but they were deadly serious.

"No, you are you. Humans are humans, and you are you. If you want, you don't have to be human Zackery, I can grant your wishes, whatever they may be." Alexi said firmly.

When he raised an eyebrow, she guided his chin up and made him look at the skies with four large moons. "It's true, I swear it on the honor of the Darkshores."

When Alexi words fell, the somewhat dim moons above burst forth with brilliance brighter than even the sun. Seeing his stare, she laughed lightly.

"I am the Queen of the Winter Realm. I am... all powerful in my realm. Anything I wish, will happen as I willed it. Do you believe me?" Zackery nodded realizing that Alexi was indeed incomprehensible.

"What is it you want Zackery? You answered it before, but I want you to make a choice. One where you can decide for yourself." Alexi said and stepped away to let him think, but he subconsciously grabbed her soft hand.

"Family. I don't want to be treated like trash anymore." Zackery said bitterly, feeling tears welling up and felt Alexi's hand wipe a tear from his cheek.

"I will grant you your desires." Alexi said and the air between them became charged with energy. Then the world brightened infinitely and Zackery felt warmth filling his being.

"Then I'll give you a gift as well." Alexi's voice reverberated through the light and Zackery felt his perception undulate, as if he were being altered somehow, then the light retreated and revealed the breathtakingly beautiful Alexi smiling at him gently.

"From today onwards, you are part of the Darkshore Family. Carry our name with pride." Alexi said and grabbed Zackery's hand and only then did he regain enough awareness to realize something.

"You're taller?" Seeing Alexi cock her head quizzically, she gave him an understanding nod and held out her empty hand. Before he could inquire, a ten foot tall mirror manifested in a flash of light.

In the mirror was a Faerie with waist length maroon hair and striking blue eyes. Long pointed ears and incredibly flawless appearance he had seen in all the Faeries he had passed by walking over.

She wore a dress similar to Alexi's, but hers was a dull red. When Zackery raised his hand, so did the woman in the reflection. His reflection he belatedly realized.

"When I read your memories, I saw that you only felt happy in games where you could use an avatar instead of yourself. I modeled your appearance off of your wishes." Alexi said with a soft voice.

"Thank you." Zackery bowed his head in thanks, surprising Alexi who had expected some resistance or protests from him, maybe even a scolding.

"You're not...?" Lexi asked him with a look of scrutiny, but he didn't answer and instead approached Alexi and hugged her tightly, feeling his eyes turn moist.

"There there, you are family, my closest kin. Whatever you face, I will stand by you always." Alexi said and smiled when Zackery wiped his eyes and sniffed.

"Am I weird?" When Alexi heard Zackery's quivering voice, she chuckled and shook her head. When Zackery gave her a curious look, she explained with a smile.

"We don't have a fixed appearance. One day, you might see someone choose a humanoid form, and the next, they're a bug or a tree. Gender isn't important when people can choose whichever whenever."

"As for your former identity, no one will mind. The Vastecia Realm is made of various magical species forming a safe haven to live happily." Alexi seemed to guess his next question and spoke gently.

"Then..." Zackery looked at Alexi and then looked away with red cheeks. Alexi didn't doubt that any man who saw him would stare with undisguised fascination.

"Can you give me a first name too? Zackery doesn't fit me now." Alexi brightened at his request and extended her hand and caught his own and looked him in his constantly shifting blue eyes that could be said to be portals to an ocean.

"Then are you okay with a more feminine name?" When Zackery nodded again, Alexi placed her index finger on Zackery's brow and a light flashed.

"Sivelle Darkshore, let's explore some more." Alexi laughed when Zackery's eyes returned to a more normal one, a far cry from the moments after she said the name.

"Sivelle." Muttering the words, Sivelle looked up at the four high moons and back at Alexi and launched into a hug, wanting to convey her gratitude.

10