Chapter 8. DOMINIC LIAM: Okay, I Feel Better Now
80 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

_present time_

~Intro music~

It wasn't a dream. I'm sure of it. I feel the coldness pierces my skin, making me numb and the sting sensation on my neck. It hurts like hell. I wake up and find myself naked on my bed. The bed sheets, pillow cases and blankets were missing. So are my clothes...

~There is nothing to me, There is nothing, though there was a time I had felt elation, Before all sensation died~

When I walk into the bathroom, I saw the huge bite mark on my neck with its' darkish red in color from the dried blood. I didn't touch it. I only have to look at it to know that I wasn't dreaming. I look around to make sure. My room is perfectly clean. Like it had just been cleaned by someone...The bed sheets and clothes are definitely missing. Not anywhere in this room. It was like a criminal had gotten in the house and got rid of all the evidences of his crime. Micah... Was it really him last night?

~I cannot breathe, I can't deny, That I've been feigning, for you, every vital sign, Defied~

I slowly got down to the floor and hug both of my knees, still naked and cold. I'm confused and clueless. I don't know what to do or what to think. Everything feels so hollow. I don't know if I'm going insane or if everything is real. Am I delusional? But then something from reality wakes me up from my empty thought. A phone call...

~This means nothing to me, This means nothing, so spare me the lies, I deny you sympathy, Just as I have been denied~

I get up, barely keeping myself together,... and walk over to the phone to pick it up. "Where are you?" I heard Kyo's voice blaring from over the phone... Has he reached Brackish Ville already? That sure sounds like his voice. Am I still sleeping? Am I still dreaming? "Dome! Are you there?" The voice asked me again. What should I say?

~I cannot breathe, I can't deny, That I've been faking, for you, every sign of life, I died~

"Kyo?" I managed a question.

"Fuck yes. Where the hell are you? I'm at the hospital since morning, waiting for you to come. Micah is discharged today," Kyo said, sounding normal. Oh, of course... Wait. Of course what?

I can't think properly. My mind is disoriented from the things that I think had happened last night to the reality of today's event. What's happening to me? "Micah?" I asked, unsure of what he means. I am confused as to whether this is real or this is just another dream... My thoughts are jumbling. It's insane. Nothing makes sense...

~For the last lie, And the heartbreak, For the first time, I could not take, I could not take, 'Til I made you cry~

"You are supposed to pick him up and he's supposed to be living with you for a while?" Kyo said, he also sounds confused from my reaction. Nothing is making sense... I didn't say anything to him, trying hard to remember, trying hard to recollect myself. Micah's supposed to live with me. Why?

~This is what you taught me, This is what you taught, and I learned well, To recognize that feeling, Easily can be dispelled~

Oh, yeah. His house was sold. And my house is the only house available at the moment because I live alone since my parents had moved away. Yes. Is that it? Is it, really? I'm not sure. "I'm dizzy," I said aloud of my last thought to Kyo through the phone.

~I cannot breathe, I can't deny, That I've been faking, for you, every sign of life, I died~

"Don't tell me you fucking drink last night. Fuck. Whatever, dude. Get here ASAP. Bye," Kyo ordered and immediately ends the line. Without thinking, lost in my confusion, my body acts on its own. I get dressed, patch up the wound on my neck and get out of the house.

~For the last lie, And the heartbreak, For the first time, I could not take, I could not take, 'Til I made you cry~

When I reached Micah's room at the hospital, I saw him all dressed up, sitting on the bed. He's no longer wearing his hospital's dress... Tony, Alec, and Kyo are all standing, surrounding him. They were laughing to some jokes told by Tony. I gulp, looking at Micah, analyzing him to see any faults. He notices me at the door and only smiles at me normally as if he's conforming me that I'm delusional of last night incidence. I didn't smile back. I only stare at him blankly. "Are you still drunk, Dome?" Alec asked me. Now the rest of them are aware of my presence...

"Drunk?" I asked him back. And with my lack of emotion or self-recollection, they all just laugh at me like I am someone who's hungover.

~Show your wounds I'm bored with mine, Nothing is new, Don't despair, I rarely cry, Oh my~

"Whatever, dude. Where did you park your car? We're helping to bring Micah's stuffs down for him," Kyo said. I quickly hand him my car keys and gesture to the front of the building. They all look at me weirdly before they're starting to walk out of the room. "We will wait for you at the car. Go wash your face or something, dude," Kyo said and then he stops and looks at the patch on my neck. "What's with your neck?" He asked.

~Oh my, dear, please dry your eyes, Who could harm you? To hurt you is to be despised, As I'd love to~

I was about to answer him when Micah suddenly interferes. "Dome, can you help pour a glass of water for me, please?" He asked, with a steady smile on his face.

I acted quickly upon his request on impulse. I head straight to where the jug of water is on the table beside his bed and pour the water into an empty glass that lie beside it without realizing that all three of Tony, Alec, and Kyo had left the room. I am left alone with Micah.

~For the last lie, And the heartbreak, For the first time, I could not take, I could not take, 'Til I made you cry~

I hand him the glass fill with water. Instead of him taking the glass, he takes hold of my hand, holding the glass together with me and pulls the glass towards his mouth along with my hand and that made me being dragged closer to him. He gulps down on it while his eyes keep staring at me seductively. It was almost like a threatening kind of seductive look... I gulp as well, frightened by that look on his eyes. He then let go of my hand along with the glass and my weak grip on the glass only sends the glass to drop down to the floor, shattered into millions of pieces.

~'Til I made you cry, 'Til I made you cry, 'Til I made you cry~

He tsk-tsked me in response. "Dominic, dear... Are you that afraid of me?" He asked, an evil smile pursed on his lips. He stands up from the bed, looking down on me. "I trust you will not inform anyone regarding what happened last night, correct?" He asked. No. It sounded more like a threat. He then leans down to my ear, his hot breath is tickling me, sending shivers down my spine. "Or I'll devour every little soul who knew," he whispered to my ears emphasizing the word 'devour'. It is confirmed. It is indeed a threat. And when he's done, he walks uncaringly out of the door, leaving me alone in the room.

~Ending music~

I stood still, left in bewildered state. What is happening? What have I gotten myself into? What's going to happen to me? That's not Micah. He's not my best friend. He's a monster... I shudder from the thought, looking down at the shards of glass on the floor. I can't help but think of how similar I am to them. I am broken... I am broken into millions of pieces...

֍֍֍

LYRICS CREDITS: AFI – Okay, I Feel Better Now

֍֍֍

 

2