Prologue
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the light of the great protector of the universe vanished.

The once-repressed evil of humanity came out.

The once peaceful galaxy was doused by chaos.

The universe was cruel.

Villains were born, tainting the humanities hope with the dark color of space.

But the universe was merciful just as it is cruel.

Heroes emerged and brought peace to the universe.

The cycle continued for 500 years.

And then, they came back...

A bright flash appeared in the atmosphere of planet Poluby.

It was an arid planet. Its lands were covered by golden brown soil that sprouts exotic fauna while its underground well gave birth to numerous kinds of flora.

It was a nice planet.

Until it was touched by the metal of mankind.

City-size factories were fabricated using the resources of the planet. Producing not only goods but also the unfiltered smoke which roams the lands freely. Leaving toxic lands in its wake.

But the greed of mankind is endless. They decided to colonize it. Its toxic lands and air were covered up by hulking metal alloys, constructing level after level of floors, covering the entirety of the planet.

A hulking object of what looks like a ship is drifting in the atmosphere of the planet. Its sleek silver hulls were now burning red as it entered the planet's gravitational pull.

Three winged humans can be seen inside the bridge of the ship.

"Are you really sure about this Sylphy? What if a better solution exists, you do not have to do this...I cannot bear to do this...I just can't..." A feminine voice echoed on the bridge.

"We've talked about this Sasha. You and I both know it. This is inevitable...we are running out of time. I am running out of time. I want to see him grow, I want to be there when he first talks, and I want to welcome him when he comes home from school. I want to cook for him, prepare his clothes, and have a family. I want to be there for him all his life. But reality has been unkind to our kind...to me...and to him" murmured Sylphy. The mother of the last hope of the Ascendant. The last living child of the dying winged human race, The Ascendants.

"So please, for the future of our kind, and for my sake. Protect him from the evils of mankind...just like you did with me" Sylphy focused her eyes on the remaining ascendant in the room. A six-month-old baby. A luminescent wing can be seen cushioning his back, its root were located in his waist. His head is adorned with a golden blonde tuft of hair. His deep blue ocean eyes glimmered as they stared back at her. his mouth forming a smile as he giggled towards her.

"Look Sasha he's giggling! Who's a good boy? Come to mommy baby, Mom loves you so much~ Grow up well, would you? I want you to surprise me in Haven once we meet in the afterlife okay? Daddy and mommy have lots of stories to tell you~"

Sasha decided to record the heartwarming scene, planning to add it to the archive of holo videos the whole Ascendant race and his family made for him to see. She wanted her best friend's son, to see how much he was loved. He needed it, considering the numerous obstacles that he is fated to encounter.

[Sixty Seconds before planet fall]

A neutral voice echo resounded in the room.

Sylphy heard the announcement. She stood up and hugged her son.

"It's too soon. I want to talk to him more...I want to hear his voice"

[Fifty-five seconds before planet fall]

"I'm going to miss you, baby, I love you..."

"He's going to be alright, tell me, Sasha promised me that he will grow up well..."

"Sylphy..."

"He's going to be a fine young man, he got his daddy's face. Right, Sasha?"

[Thirty seconds before planet fall]

Sylphy gazed at her baby's face. Burning his image into her mind.

"I love you, baby, I am sorry that we were not going to be there for you when you grow"

"There will probably be a time when you will curse us, but it is fine, we deserved it. But remember we love you, honey. Grandpa and grandma love you. Your cousins love you. Your aunt and uncles love you. Me and your dad...love you the most..."

[Fifteen seconds before planet fall]

Tear's started to fall in sylph's eyes. Like a dam that was destroyed, she bawled. Her agonizing cries vibrated the alloy walls of the room.

"I am not ready yet Sasha!... I don't want this, I don't want him to experience this!"

"We did not deserve this, especially him..."

"I just want him to grow normally!"

Her cries were interrupted by the throbbing of the ship as it broke through from the upper-level floor of the planet. Until it crashed at the lowest level.

Sylphy gathered herself and spoke "Let us begin. you know the plan. As soon as I am done warp out immediately." Her voice is now full of authority.

The empress of the Ascendant has made its final appearance.

The two adult ascendants stood in the middle of the room. Sylphy shifted her baby and pass him to Sasha. She puts her now free hands in front and back of his heart. Her luminescent wings glowed even further, and golden stardust appeared in the room. It moves in a direction forming a dome of golden light around them.

Her smooth and bouncy skin is getting rougher and dryer as transferred her vitality into him. The process goes on for 5 minutes. The dome of light faded, leaving the ascendants for anyone in the room to see. The now pale and thin Sylphy cast a final look into her son. Her eyes which should have been crying are not able to shed tears. Her arms and feet started to glow. Bit by bit her body is consumed by the light

"I guess this is it. Be happy and kind my son. You do not have to feel the burden of our race. Live a good life and tell us all your stories in our afterlife. See you later, Sfry...my sweet little boy" 

"I will meet you in three years Sylphy. Rest assured, he will be like his daddy" said Sasha. Her eyes produce a trail of tears as she cast a final smile at her best friend. Which she replied with a smile.

The silence of the room was shattered by the loud cries of Sfry as if he realized that she cannot see her mother anymore.

"It's alright Sfry, your mom is inside you forever and ever" Sasha smiled at him and wiped his tears.

"Initiate procedure order one hundred and first"

[Affirmative, Initiating compartmentilization]

Sasha collected a number of resources prepared for them inside the ship and stored them in a storage card. After she was finished she stood at the bridge. She placed Sfry in the seat her mother used to sit in and kneeled down.

"This pendant was given to me when we met each other. I've been treasuring it ever since. Inside it is the collection of pictures your mom and I had. And also the videos that we made just for you." She put on the double wing-shaped pendant on his neck and pats his head.

She picked him up and ordered the ship that has now finished its preparation to shift its size. "Once we are gone. warp to the Grand Kalidia fortress, only activate the system when you detect his highness Sfry"

[Affirmative, Glory to the Mighty Ascendants, Glory to his highness Sfry!]

Sasha stood up and carried Sfry with her arms. Silver stardust appeared in the room and encircled her forming a dome. A bright flash of light erupted in the room. Leaving the room devoid of life.

[Initiate Warp]

Various onlookers gazed at the mysterious ship that crashed in the area. the interplanetary police barricaded the area to prevent other scavengers from accessing the ship.

"Hey, why is it glowing?"

"It is glowing!"

"It's too bright I can't see!"

The brightness of the ship reached its limit. The onlookers who didn't turn their eyes away from the ship were blinded. A thunderous sound echoed in the vicinity. The huge ship was now gone. Its only trace of existence was the crater it produced when it crashed.

1