Chapter 4 – The wandering Healer
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I leave the prison with a gleeful smile on my face, finally having done a real good deed. And from what I could hear from the Bounty Officer, It seems me and Rito’s quest to get into the Order is nearly complete, we just have to travel to the Royal woods again. Is this how dad and mom felt when they completed a mission in the Order, no wonder they dedicated their life to it. But one thing in my mind sticks out though, the woman at Alana, who said my very presence invites evil.. I don’t fully understand what she meant, but joining the Order would definitely prove her wrong, right? I think to myself as I ascend the narrow staircase. I finally make my way up to where me and Ajax fought. To see Rito sitting on the small stairway. “Hey man are you alright?” I ask Rito.

“I mean not really, I asked the doctor if he could help me with my injury, but then he asked for silver… And I don’t have any, and I'm guessing neither do you.” Rito says. “No I don’t… Wait, remember that song we heard on our way here.” I ask Rito. 

“Vinifera’s song?” Rito replies. “Yes! I think I heard my dad talk about how it can heal you, or something along those lines. We just have to take a slight detour to Wayside Inn.” I say. 

“I guess that would do, but you gotta carry me some of the way, my back hurts  a lot.” Rito says. 

“Fine I’ll carry you some of the way, but you still have to walk some even if you have that injury.” I say. 

“Alright, but I’ll be complaining the whole way.” Rito says with a slight smile.

 I get Rito on my back, and I begin walking out of Sentinel. Most boats are now still, and there aren’t a lot of people around, the dock is just quiet and empty. The sun is beginning to set beyond the horizon, while the small clocks hanging from thin rope on the boats, are dangling around making slight ring noises. I can feel Rito getting sleepy, since we haven’t taken a real break yet, so I just carry him the rest of the way to the Wayside Inn. Walking close to the massive walls keeping the forest in makes me realize how small I and everyone else is in this world. I look out into the beautiful sea, as I pass strangers on the way to Wayside Inn. 

I finally step foot on the small gravel path leading to the main inn. I walk over to the door. “Hello, is the bard still here, my friend is in desperate need of healing.” I ask. 

“Sorry pal, she went home 30 minutes ago, but you're in luck, a traveling healer is here right now, and she doesn’t charge, isn’t that wild.” The bartender says. 

“Thank you sir, where is the healer?” I ask. 

“Right outside, she set up a small tent, be careful though, she sees auras, or whatever she called it.” The bartender jokingly says. I go outside the Inn and I look around for a tent, suddenly I hear from behind me. 

“Hello sir.” I turn around to see an albino Kasparan with a small crown of flowers on top of her head. “Oh hi.” I say with a blank expression. 

“It seems your friend needs some help.” She says. “Well yeah he does, i’ve been looking for this tent with a traveling healer, do you know where it is?” I ask. 

“Yes, I do know where it is, follow me sir.” She answers. I comply, and I go with her.

We reach the small tent placed right besides the inn, and as we walk in, I see no other person than the Kasparan. 

“So uhm, where is this healer I've been hearing about?” I ask the Kasparan. 

“Oh my, sorry it seems i forgot to introduce myself, my name is Lady Morva Lillian, and I am the healer you have been seeking, now would you please lay your friend on the ground, he seems like he has been suffering, keeping all the pain in is never good.” Morva says. I quickly lay Rito on the soft red carpet, and I apologize to Morva for the misunderstanding. “Oh it’s quite alright, I don’t think anyone sees a person like me everyday, just exit the tent for a moment so i can treat your friend Rito here.” Morva says.

“Of course ma’am.” I say as I leave the tent, wait how did she know Ritos name. Must be something about that aura thing the bartender talked about. 

"Maybe I should give that Vind a check up as well, he seems to need healing..." Morva says right before Judari leaves.

After about 20 minutes, Rito jumps out of the tent. 

“Judari!” Rito yells. I look over to see Rito looking well, standing up fine. 

“Did she heal you well?” I ask Rito. “Heal? Oh yeah, the nice Kasparan lady right?” Rito replies. “Well yeah, Morva, she doesn’t charge by the way.” I say. 

“Well I’m going to thank her for her service.” Rito says while running into the tent. He then jumps out. “So where now?” He asks. 

“Well, now it’s time for us to officially join the order!” I say with excitement. 

“Wait, actually? Well let’s get going then!” Rito screams out as people start to glare. 

“Ey Rito keep it a bit down, people are staring.” I say to Rito. 

“Oh sorry, it's just, finally all those chores and hard work paid off, I'm just excited.” Rito exclaims. 

“Me too, well if we are so excited, let’s get going!” I say. Rito nods and we begin our travel toward the sigil headquarters.

We set our foot on the wet grass, Rito nearly slips but I catch him before he lands on the ground. We travel further on, reaching the massive gate again. 

“So, it’s into Royal Woods again huh?” I say. 

“Yeah, but this time it’s to join the order, instead of hopelessly reaching for it… After so long.” Rito says. 

“It has been a long time coming, now let’s get going!” I say. We pass under the gate, feeling its weight by just standing under its shadow. We reach the ledge of the cliff, and I begin slowly climbing down, burying my fingers and hands in the dirt to stay solid. I see Rito over me, slowly climbing as well, lucky that going down is a lot easier than going up. We finally reach the forest floor. 

“So where to now?” Rito asks. “I think from where we are standing, it's the opposite way of Alana, so we just go left.” Rito nods and we begin going towards the Sigil Headquarters.

I look up at the dark green canopies of the forest, I see the many birds flying around, chirping, I do wonder, are birds free, even birds must be bound by something, maybe family, flight, survival, who knows, but they at least seem the most free. 

“Hey Judari, Do you think that’s where we are supposed to go?” Rito asks as he points to a gigantic tree with carvings and a massive platform that seems to be raising people up. 

“Uhm I don’t kno- Of course that’s where we’re supposed to go, let’s hurry!” I yell out as we start sprinting toward the area of the platform, we have to climb up a small uphill, only a bit over the ground. But before we could come close, we see a small hut in front of the platform, and we go over to the hut next to the platform. 

“Why hello there, are you here to become Sigil trainees?” We hear to the right of us. The man who spoke was a Gaian, or as people call them, machines with a soul, he was made of pure iron and metal, not powered by any electricity, but instead by a soul of his own. “Oh hi, yes we are here to become Sigil trainees, do you perhaps operate this, machinery?” I ask the Gaian. “Well yes, I do in fact operate this elevator, if you could please go over and stand on it, we can only fit eight passengers, and you two seem to be the last few who made it.” The gaian says. 

“Thank you, before we go on, what is your name sir?” Rito asks the Gaian. 

“My name is Walter, but don’t you worry about me kind soul, I just wish you two good luck on your mission to be Sigil Knights.” Walter says. 

“Oh well thank you sir, have a good day.” Rito says as we step up on the small platform, the Gaian then closes the small gate on the platform, and presses a button. Suddenly cranks and sounds start coming from the platform, as it raises up high. We can now see most of the forest floor, as we reach higher and higher. 

“Kind of funny how the Gaian knew we were on a mission to be Sigil Knight, he must be some sort of psychic right?” Rito jokingly says. 

“Haha, yeah, we have met a couple of these people over these last few days huh?” I reply. “Well at least they help us forward, and now to start a new chapter of our lives.” Rito says. The Platform finally stops at a ledge on the tree, we exit the platform together with the other people and we go toward a small opening in the tree, a slight veil of white was blocking the entrance, but people were entering with ease. 

“Alright Rito, time to start our destiny to order and greatness.” I say as we enter through the veil of light.

0