1.5 Well isn’t that a surprise!
79 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another two weeks had passed and Caige finally completed his tasks.

“Status.”

[Name:  Caige Bao

Current Name: Devland VanTer

Status: Dead, semi-corporal ghost.

Species: Human.

Age: 22

World: Actress from The Grave

Tasks: 

Devlands

Have someone find ‘Devlands’ body. 0/1

Be on TV 0/1

Random

Move things 10/10 ✓

Scare a crew member 2/2 ✓]

[Ding]

[New ‘Genre’ Roulette acquired!]

Little fireworks burst from the screen, almost making him jump out of his skin. With surprise he watched as the fireworks died down and a new screen appeared.

An animation played of a new slot being pushed onto the board of the roulette. It slowly peeled off some kind of tape and the words ‘Action & Adventure’ showed.

‘Nice.’ He thought.

He’d worked really hard for it. It took some time getting used to being a ghost, but he got the general hang of it.

He couldn’t focus on speaking and was only able to when he wasn’t paying attention. When moving things or walking he had to have full focus, even the tiniest distraction messed him up, though sometimes it didn’t matter and he subconsciously did it.

Being a ghost was hard.

With the random tasks being done he now had to focus on Devlands.

He honestly didn’t know where to start, should he focus on leading someone to his body or try to get on camera? He had already tried before but him being a ghost didn’t help, he wasn’t visible on camera.

How could he get on camera then?

It gave him a terrible headache.

He still had three to two weeks until that small actress made her appearance. He’d also been watching Amelia but grew bored, she was mostly just practicing and hopping into a few scenes.

He’d spend most of his time bugging Liam, he’d push something then Liam would pick it up. He didn’t know if he was starting to feel his presence or something else but Liam started predicting it.

Sometimes he’d drop a light item from a high shelf on his head, it was funny watching him expressionlessly pick it up.

He’d watched him act a few times and was really impressed, even though he was expressionless most of the time he’d somehow be able to grin evilly on screen.

He had watched him and the other actors practicing and decided to incorporate it into his own practice.

One actor starved himself to set the look of an imprisoned individual.

Another went through their diary to see how they related to the character.

Liam was a method and classical actor, he’d sometimes go through a difficult experience to get into character or go through memories he could relate the character with.

These examples would be perfect for him to use for himself in acting. He just didn’t know how to stop being so soulless. He tried both those methods before but it just didn’t seem to work for him.

He sat on the couch of the home like floor, he focused with all his might on the button of the remote.

With pride he watched as the television flickered on and the screen was filled with little cartoon-like characters.

He didn’t mind that it was a children’s movie.

As he watched he didn’t notice someone walk into the room and turn off the television, shocked he screamed in frustration.

“Who the hell?!”

Another scream echoed seconds after and ran out the door. As he watched her long flowing blond hair swish behind her he knew exactly who it was.

Amelia.

He honestly didn’t even want to spare her a glance. It’s not like she knew he was there.

He just annoyingly focused on pressing the remote buttons again. With the television up and running again he continued to watch tv.

The door opened once again and Amelia walked in with an older man.

“F-fillip I think there’s a ghost in here.” She said in fear, her legs looking like they’d give out at any given moment.

Caige turned around in surprise, it could possibly be who he thought it was.

Once he got a good look at the man, he was astonished. It really was him.  It was the man who put Devland in that box. He wasn’t sure if he was the actual murderer but he was suspicious.

With curiosity he watched them move here and there in the room, searching for him.

“It was nothing. Must have been the wind.”

Fillip stated.

Amelia looked bewildered, “I’m sure I heard someone.”

“I think it’s best we just go back downstairs, I still have maintenance work to finish, and don’t you have rehearsal soon?”

“Yeah you're right. Let’s go babe.” The two kissed and made their way back downstairs.

‘Σ(゚口゚;’

Caige’s mouth hung wide open. 

He knew Amelia had various men on her side, but the novel didn’t mention how. The relationship between her and Fillip was never described in that way, it read that they were just really close.

He had assumed that she might have had an amiable personality and people flocked to her.

He didn’t expect this though.

The two weeks flew by again, and he had his own little routine. He’d get up, watch the television, bug Liam, and watch the actors.

As he spied on the actors he would also closely watch Amelia. He had seen many steamy scenes of her with Fillip, although he would quickly run out.

He would watch tv to make his disgust fade.

He even had a certain show he’d wait to come on. 

He really missed food, he’d crave salty chips, shrimp, sandwiches, etc. He was mentally hungry.

He tried to eat before but it just went through him.

He sighed while watching a drama, he wanted to eat.

Then the scene of Amelia and Fillip came to mind and he lost his mental appetite.

The day had finally come, the small actress was making her appearance. The fifth episode was about to begin!

5