Chapter 12
68 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Caige looked around him in disbelief. Was he going to be sent to the next world soon?

He wanted to go home.

[Ding]

[New ‘Genre’ Roulette acquired]

The same fireworks and animation played out, as the tape was being removed the words ‘Crime.’ were displayed.

[Trial World Complete]

[Coin Collection is now available]

[Store is now available]

[Character Acquired: Undead]

[System (F) - System (D)]

[System Forming]

A fluff of white suddenly hopped on his lap. He didn’t know where it came from, since it blended in with the surroundings it could’ve been there the entire time. It was just a ball of white fluff with no nose, mouth or eyes.

It reminded Caige of a Pom Pom, it floated around the room's floor like a speck of dust. 

Looking at the character acquired notification he pressed on it.

[Undead- Your acting as a character that isn’t alive is flawless. (Dead body, zombie, ghost, etc.)

As one would say, wisdom comes with experience.]

The system wasn’t lying, he really did benefit from this. He’d have to test this once he goes home. A tinge of excitement bubbled up.

He squeezed the Pom Pom lightly, the fluffiness under his hands was nice. It gave him a strange sense of calm. Releasing it, he could feel his unease coming back to him.

He was worried about his body. He was in that world for weeks, his body could be on the verge of death or even worse dead.

[Would you like to go home?]

Without hesitation he replied, “Yes.”

[Transferring Host.]

**

His mind swirled and he fell down.

Caige stood up from the bed quickly, everything was as he left it. He didn’t expect getting home to be so easy. He looked at the picture of an old man and young boy on the bedside table. He carefully wiped the dust off the picture's frame.

He stared at the clock next to the picture, he was relieved. No time had passed.

His eyes wandered back to the picture though, he was happy to be back but it felt a little empty.

His grandfather who raised him, passed away only five years ago, and yet it felt like just yesterday. He sighed when he remembered how it all ended so quickly.

One trip to the hospital and he was diagnosed as terminally ill. He used what little money his grandfather stored for retirement, trying to keep him alive.

He was luckily given a donation from someone who wanted to help a teen soon after his passing. With that money, Caige was able to pay rent and had the option to go into acting. Though the money was wasted as he had no talent.

The money was slowly dwindling and he was still in his last year of college for the second time.

He shook the feeling of emptiness away, he went to the kitchen and made himself a sandwich. He ate quickly, feeling as if he was starved for centuries.

As a ghost he couldn’t eat a speck of food, now all of his cravings came hitting him. His mood lifted a little.

He wondered if the Pom Pom in that weird white space was ok. But since time stopped here it would probably be the same there. And what was that Store room?

He sat down on a chair quietly, thinking back on his weird adventure. He didn’t know if it was some lucid dream, or if he had actually experienced it.

He didn’t want to call out the info page, he didn’t want to accept it. His life was already hard enough, and how often would he be brought to these worlds? How long would he have to reside in those bodies?

The only benefit was the character acquiring, other than that he would have to constantly complete missions.

He didn’t want to get attached to someone only to lose them again.

Beep♪

His phone beeped, looking at the text, he read it with a little bit of anticipation.

He had used a self submission site for a movie role, since he didn’t have an agent. 

This wasn’t like the usual submissions though, this role had a decent coverage throughout the film and would be of great help to small actors such as himself. The character was likable and would earn the actor a great number of fans if played out well.

The chances of him even getting the audition were slim because of so many applicants. He held on to a bit of hope though.

It was his luck that the movie director was the type of person who wanted to be the beginning of a diamond in the rough. 

Even if his acting wasn’t any good he still hoped for a chance. The only thing he knew about the character was that he was supposed to be friendly and likable. The director once again showed his uniqueness in wanting the movie's plot not to be shown to the public.

With so many characters being acted with highly famous and respected actors it was enough to give the public anticipation for the movie even without advertisement. They were saving a large amount of money from that and putting it into the movie.

All he needed to be was likable. He could do this!

{Your resume has been reviewed. You have been accepted into the second phase, auditioning, we will forward you to management for the time and date of your audition. Please sign the confidentiality agreement form below to receive the script.}

He could feel his blood pumping with adrenaline.

Once he received the script, time, and location he sat on the couch. He would be spending a great deal of time on the script.

Once he read the script his heart was racing even more. The character was a spirit! He felt the blood rush to his head and he dreamt of his bright future as an acclaimed actor.

Then it all came crashing down, what if the system never came back? What if it was all a dream? And if it was, if he were to die, could he ever come back?

His mouth opened and closed for a long time, he feared the system being reality but also feared it wasn’t. He was also afraid of suddenly being thrown into another world.

His mind suddenly stopped and he started rummaging around. Once he retrieved the item he was looking for he started placing it.

It was an old school camera. If the system was real then his acting would be significantly better. He patted his face a ghastly white.

The camera's light turned red and he got into position.

-

“Hehehe.” He laughed giddily while throwing some marbles out onto the floor. As an imaginary person ran in and slipped on the marbles, he almost burst out laughing. 

His amusement quickly stopped as an imaginary ghost made their appearance and ran for him. 

His little eyes watered and he quickly picked up what little marbles he could and ran down the stairs with the imaginary person.

-

A spirit and person ran for their lives, it was incredibly comedic.

As he viewed the unedited footage, he realized his acting had suddenly come to life. He was a spirit.

If anyone were to watch they would not believe the person to be alive, his white face making it even more apparent that he was dead.

He watched on, eyes shining. He could act! 

He breathed out with relief, either way he would have tried his best to get the role, but with this system's reward he was more confident. He could do this!

5