Chapter 15
38 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Name:  Caige Bao

Age: 22

Status: Alive

Species: Human.

Skills: none]

[Training Space]

[Store Room]

[Coins: 0]

[Next World]

When he clicked on one a large amount of information flooded his brain. 

Training space was for the skills he purchased from the store room. He couldn’t just learn it instantly, if he purchased painting he’d learn painting in the training space.

The store room was where he purchased skills and items. 

Items ranged from invisibility potions to weapons. There was a large variety. Not all Items would be available too, he only got three items he could purchase. He’d have to spin a roulette wheel for a random type of item.

Food, potions, toiletries, and etc. He could only spin it once before a mission and could purchase the items at any time, if he had enough coins he could purchase the item multiple times.

He would earn coins from his missions, the trial world didn’t give him anything and was considered a preliminary round. He was now worthy of continuing his journey through various worlds and earning new characters. The more difficult the missions the more coins, and the more coins the more skills he could purchase.

He could even change his missions with coins.

That was only available for random missions though and he could not use them on personal character missions.

The next world button was obvious at a glance. It would send him to the next world and he’d have to once again go through the process of missions.

He turned off the system and continued to watch the television. A week had passed uneventfully and he was beginning to realize they may never contact him again. He most likely wasn’t getting the part.

As he came to that conclusion his phone rang and an email from the judges came. He didn’t get the part.

It was hugely disappointing, but at the same time it was fated. There were probably people from large families who wanted their sons to make it on screen. The world was unfair.

He could only lay down on his couch like a salted fish and lament. He couldn’t help his heart hurting a little.

As he scrolled through his phone a new notification popped up on his phone. A student film was looking for someone to play as a ghost. Caige's eyes lit up.

He accepted it regardless of its size of exposure because he was low on money and rent wasn’t cheap.

He checked their contact details and dropped the leader mail. In surprise he actually received a reply rather quickly.

They accepted him and he was to show up Monday. Caige was even more surprised, they would usually take weeks to respond. They must have been in dire need of an actor if they even accepted him, the Wooden Portrayal.

Monday was just a day away too.

‘How lucky!’ His spirits rose a bit.

*****

Monday came quickly and his schoolwork was completed. All he had to do now was show up at the student film studio. They had rented it out for afew days. They would be filming outdoors in an abandoned apartment.

They were quite lucky to have found the perfect place for the filming.

When he arrived, the students looked at him with a bit of contempt. They knew who he was and showed their dislike for him.

The leader, a bulky brown haired young man, energetically introduced himself to the students.

“I’m Noah, the director. It’s great to have you all here.”

He shook everyone’s hand happily while smiling.

They each introduced themselves soon after.

They began planning and sharing the script. It took several days to have everything done and ready to go.

The three days were like hell as they were constantly debating about several things. That was mostly with the higher authorities in this project though. The actors and other lesser crew members just watched them squabble.

He had also learned during this time why they accepted him so quickly. This project was due very soon and they only had a week to complete it. They also could not view the actors they accepted because it was part of the project.

The project was assigned by an eccentric professor who wanted to give those students in his class a chance to work with other classes and to give the students the chance to experience what an actual set would be like.

The older students sometimes even disdained the younger students too, but they had loads of experience so they were the best buses for the younger students.

The students would make connections from other classes and even learn new techniques from their seniors, hitting two birds with one stone.

As they finally figured out what they were doing, they headed for the apartment one of the students had lended out. This student had parents who owned apartment complexes, so they had plenty of spare apartments their son could use for the project.

The script started off with a young man riding his bike home. Since the day was ending it was the perfect time to shoot it.

The relevant directors walked through the set so they could get a general idea of how they wanted to portray the first scene. They began having someone stand in for the actors so they could frame up.

Once they began testing a few scenes and the actors discussed what they felt comfortable stunting they began the first scene of the day.

Not without first checking the lighting of the camera and other general elements.

When Caiges scene began, unluckily he was the very first actor to shoot, his acting was as normal.

He moved like a wooden doll with the other female actress and they had to call cut millions of times until it was dark.

When his shooting finally ended on the next day and his character died off he wasn’t really needed on set anymore.

The days flew by smoothly and Caiges as the ghost still didn’t appear. He was given only a few scenes at the end and beginning of the film. He was happy to finally be doing something besides errands on set.

“You remember what you have to do right?”

Caige answered with a positive answer.

This was easier than the audition so he had more confidence.

2