Chapter 08: Comprehending Infinity
406 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon awakening, Archer discovered a mesmerizing golden orb suspended in the middle of his ceiling, enveloping him in the comforting warmth of the morning sun. As he relished the pleasant morning in the comfort of his bed, he eventually stirred and retrieved the small chest holding the Memory Soul Pearl that Harcacia had bestowed upon him.

"Guess I'm really doing this huh." He touched his finger to the blue crystal. A small sensation like getting a prick of blood taken for a lab test throbbed behind his eyes. As the chest creaked open, the magnificent pearl was unveiled a white aura rushing around inside of it.

"How on earth am I expected to utilize this, though? She said all her knowledge regarding the Infinity Aspect was inside it, so it has to be fairly useful for me." Excited at the prospect of mastering the concepts surrounding his Core Aspect, he eagerly planned to seek answers from Lakara by asking her some questions about the Spirit and Soul art skills in her status window.

With two extended fingers, he carefully reached for the pearl, aiming to pick it up with utmost delicacy. When his fingers made contact, his vision went white, enveloping his mind in a refreshing sensation. Then, a surge of energy started flowing through his arm and was assimilated by his Divine Core, which he discovered resided beneath his frontal lobe, right between his eyes.

When the current joined with his Divine Core, he couldn't feel his body for a short time. He sensed another flow coming out of his Divine Core and filling his mind with memories and knowledge. A new sensation took hold of him as his soul became more tangible. He noticed the Memory Soul Pearl's knowledge causing his soul to vibrate and an increasing pressure building up inside him.

It wasn't until the flood of information finally subsided that his consciousness returned to his body. His skill { Eyes of the Infinite } had been automatically activated. The vast collection of diverse visuals that greeted him did startle him, but with his enhanced state points, he found it less overwhelming than before. After having sex with Harcacia, he received several notifications the other day. However, he dismissed them with the intention of reading the event log window later on.

He cycled through different visuals like a kaleidoscope in his mind, he was about to deactivate his skill, but then he paused. He noticed a number of the visuals that once caused him pain to even glance at were far less abrasive. He honed in on one lens in particular, and it almost seemed to make perfect sense on its own, even without any context. In his room, complex four-dimensional Arcane patterns were intricately embedded throughout all the walls and furniture.

When he moved in bed he watched as the Arcane formations activated and shifted energy around, the mattress areas that swelled with energy, were the same sections that were holding most of his weight. They were what provided him the sensation of perfect balance throughout the bed rather than sinking into it.

He switched to a few more previously taboo visuals as he glanced around the room in wonder. He came to the realization that his optical abilities were a versatile multitool, capable of substituting for and surpassing all the expensive observation equipment he had in his past life. Reflecting on this, he joked to himself that he could solve the observer effect that greatly pained him and Yorik, all by himself. He could even experiment with various light spectrums, yet he was witnessing hues that defied verbal description. After all, how does one begin to elucidate a color that transcends the boundaries of the RGB visual spectrum?

He stopped marveling at the observations beyond human comprehension and turned off the skill for now, so he could focus on the new knowledge in his mind. As he held the Memory Soul Pearl between his fingers, it shattered into countless fragments that quickly turned into fine dust and vanished into nothingness. The only evidence of its existence was the small box it had been within prior.

Harcacia's understanding of the Infinity Concept shed light on many matters, including information on the four major disciplines of energy manipulation: Soul, Spirit, Arcane, and Physical arts.

Physical/Martial Arts focus on controlling the mixture of Blood Essence and Core Energy flowing through specific meridian channels. Usually, developing any of the other three disciplines was made easier by specific elements of Physical Arts, which allowed the absorbed energy to flow throughout the body for countless purposes.

Ironically enough, the essence of Soul arts is metaphorically spiritual. By merging Core Energy and Soul Essence, practitioners can establish a powerful bond with the various Aspects, including the concepts and laws that govern the world around you.

Certain Soul Arts could even be used for achieving a deeper understanding of the Aspects like a 'third eye', allowing the user to 'walk a mile in its shoes' perse. This could assist in a more subjective way instead of simply observing it, like feeling a pure Fire Aspect's distaste for a Water Aspect.

The actual art of it comes after forming this connection, imbuing the world with your intent. The stronger the connection to the concepts & laws composing the Aspects being utilized, the more potent the result. The major drawback was that poorly executed, or having an active Soul Art be interrupted, can result in a backlash directly harming the user's Soul.

Spiritual Arts were about converting Core Energy directly into a specific Aspect, it was close to magic in nature like that. Spirit arts were typically more energy consuming because of this, had a very high precise in nature because all of the energy was the Users own. A practitioners comprehension of an Aspect and type of their own Core Aspect played a large role in the process. Converting a water type Aspect into an ice Aspect was far easier, verses converting a lighting aspect into a wood aspect directly.

Arcane Arts were very interesting to Archer, they were almost familiar in idea to programming and math to him. By utilizing Core Energy to create two dimensional or higher formations composed with various constructs of runic symbols and diagrams inside the users Divine Core, they can channel energy through them to control and output the resulting effect.

The draw back was a poorly written Arcane Formation can fall apart, and at worst cause a backlash injuring a users Divine Core internally. An experienced practitioner should be able to discern if a formation is flawed by observing the amount of Heavenly Energy flowing through it and how naturally it feels when invoked. If a user feels gets a sense of resistance, something's off or out getting out of control, it is best to stop immediately.

It was very similar to Object oriented programming languages, poorly written code could have memory leaks or bugs. The greater your understanding of the functions and fundamental concepts the easier it becomes to write better code, or in this case Arcane Formations that were running in your own internal CPU.

All Arcane Formations were written using the physical manifestation of the Laws and Concepts embodying the different Aspects involved. It was almost like an invisible program code written into the very fabric of reality. Going over this information made Archer chuckle to himself, "I always called programming the language of the gods, but this takes it to a different level! Each of the major disciplines can be combined or have certain overlaps like the major scientific fields of study, the simple ideas of magic that I was hoping for pale in comparison."

This was all only the basic principles Harcacia had included like glossary to assist Archer in understanding the knowledge she had of the Infinity Aspect, it was very quantum physical in nature and wasn't entirely accurate to call it just one Aspect, it was somewhat like a state of matter for Aspects. Everything under the Heavenly Dao's in a Dimensional Realm was balanced in a Yin Yang system, an equal and opposite for everything.

The Concepts involved within the Infinity Aspect were that of a juxtaposition to this balance, a derivative to the cycle of all things. Like the atomic difference between matter and antimatter, the Infinity Aspect served as the antimatter of this Yin & Yang balance. By bring a Fire Aspect and Water Aspect together into an Infinity Aspect, you would achieve an almost symbiotic Aspect composed of both Fire and Water.

The energy can effortlessly transition between endless composing states, resulting in a vast array of effects that can be achieved through infinite combinations. Hence, why it was referred to as an Infinity Aspect. By incorporating more Aspects into the mix the resulting Infinity Aspect becomes progressively pure, reaching ever closer towards a 'True Infinity.' However, it was believed to be theoretically impossible to produce a completely pure Infinity Aspect, similar to dividing by zero. This is due to the fact that the number of possible aspects in existence is infinite. It was commonly believed that one could only come close to a True Infinity Aspect but could never actually reach the concept of 'True Infinity', much like the limit in a logistic function.

However, Harcacia emphasized that his Aspect appears to be the embodiment of a second-order derivative or juxtaposition to this concept. It is an Infinity Aspect that has attained an impossibly pure state of True Infinity. The True Infinity Aspect acts as the Yin counterpart to the Yang of the typical concepts surrounding an Infinity Aspect. It serves as a fourth-dimensional mirror, embodying the very laws that make up a normal Infinity Aspect.

Archer's mind was doing loops to understand it, and he had only scratched its surface. "So in a physic perspective of Newton's law, the resulting aspect is an action, Aspects are the Equal reaction, and Infinity is the opposite reaction. My Infinity Aspect is then both the Equal and Opposite reaction to that action making it action squa-" In a sudden rush of inspiration, an idea struck Archer's mind. Without wasting a moment, he hurried to his study, swiftly grabbing some paper and an ink pen.

"If I were to represent this visually as a graph, with the concentration of Aspect A (for example, fire) on the X-axis and the concentration of Aspect B (for example, water) on the Y-axis, the resulting magnitude of the equal and opposite reaction is represented by the coordinates (X, Y). These coordinates can be further analyzed using various derivatives and formulas derived from the underlying concepts. Then adding Infinity as the Z axis, I have the equal and opposite reaction to the magnitude of Infinity Aspect reached. I subsequently incorporate the fourth dimension W, to encompass my Pure Aspect of Infinity..." He wrote it all down to map out his understanding so far.

Taking the overcoat from the top of a chest placed at the foot of his bed, he eagerly brought it to the study to assess the accuracy of his evaluation. Activating { Eyes of the Infinite } he scrolled through the kaleidoscope of visuals, focusing his vision on to visual lens at once. Though his mind felt a slight pang from strain, he persevered for the time being.

Through one visualization, he could observe the tangible Arcane Inscriptions, while the other allowed him to perceive the dynamic Aspects as they intertwined and flowed within those inscriptions, both providing a four-dimensional visual representation. He found a Rhombic Dodecahedron formation in the center of both pauldrons. This formation wrapped around a tesseract inner core which appeared to contain his own Core Aspect. This core helped stabilize the outer layers, providing an arcane gyroscope for the merger process of the aspect in the Rhombic Dodecahedron.

Spoiler

span>

["Outer shell"]

Formation Core External - Succubus Goddess's Genius Disciple

["Half Cut"]

Formation Core internal - Succubus Goddess's Genius Disciple

```prompt + base drawing from hand

arcane formation, black background, {Rhombic dodecahedron} magic formation structure, single, high fantasy, magic inscription of runes, four dimensional, depth of view, glowing white inscription lines and runes with dark spots, bright white magic core engine shaped like a tesseract, detailed, symmetrical

```

[collapse]

Just as reading and writing code, or listening and speaking a different language are distinct skills, he couldn't understand how he would replicate Harcacia's formation or grasp its intended purpose. However, he did comprehend that the fundamental concept aligned perfectly with his hypothesis. The Infinity Aspect within him acted as a powerful catalyst, attracting energy from the environment. This energy was then transformed within the outer Rhombic layer, essentially simplifying it into less intricate forms of the Infinity Aspect. Then, the core would reposition itself to balance these minor Infinity Aspects by providing the missing components needed for stable containment.

He observed a changing cycle and realized that he could create mathematical formulas for stability by using his variables. These variables, Aspect A and Aspect B, are able to merge into two different Infinity Aspects at the Z level and W level of Purity. Archer started jotting down these ideas in notes that consisted of diverse abstract thought experiments, which demonstrated various possibilities and suggested new experiments to uncover valuable insights.

"What's got you in such a creative mood?" A voice spoke behind him, and he was started out of his state of hyperfocus. Looking back over his shoulder at Lakara who was directly behind him. "I tried knocking and everything, I got worried after you hadn't responded for 20 minutes, so I opened the door with an override and here you're just drawing-" Her lecturing was cut short as she leaned over his shoulder to see what was covering his desk, quickly realizing he wasn't just drawing.

"Archer! This is..." she exclaimed as she grabbed a piece of paper and began to examine it. She paused to look up at him with wide eyes. "Is this the Formation embedded in those pauldrons!?"

Without saying a single word, Archer nodded his head simply in agreement.

"Oh my god, I knew it! That's one of the most complex formation I've ever seen. What the hell is this shape? I can't see it properly even with my optical skill when I look into the pauldrons." Lakara exclaimed excitedly, Archer pointed at his eyes. "Eyes of the Infinite?" She asked in bewilderment.

"Yeah, as soon I came into contact with the Memory Soul Pearl..." Archer explained everything he had learned so far, starting with the math behind a Tesseract and building off the idea from there. He even explained how he made the most recent discovery of the infinity Aspect equation he created to describe the effect. Lakara was positively giddy listening to him go on. She couldn't help but squeal excitedly a couple of times while he went over his findings.

A plethora of solutions were presented to tackle the issues she faced while attempting to master the advanced levels of Soul and Spirit arts. She gave him some analogies she had learned through practice to help him with his work that was mostly based on speculation so far. She helped solve many of the proofs he wasn't able to solve for yet.

Laying it all out in front of him he was amazed by the future possibilities he could reach with his Core Aspect. Given that the pauldrons were unable to generate additional amounts of his Core Aspect, they resorted to maintaining it within a closed loop system, ensuring the preservation of their intended purpose.

The cores in the pauldrons worked like an old analog computer, continuously searching for a solution to the instability. Gradually, they accumulated whips of Infinity Aspects. Basically, the cores were playing 2048 with Infinity Aspects. They each already had one that appeared to have reached the 3rd combination, meaning it was composed of eight different Aspects alone. However, due to the Infinite number of Aspects conundrum, he expected none would ever reach anywhere close to the brink of True Infinity.

Archer concluded his exchange of insights with Lakara after an hour and a half. "For now, I have only a few general ideas. I need to practice an actual Art and put these concepts into action to fully grasp certain aspects of them." Did the Dean send those course plan recommendations?"

"That's what I came here to talk to you about. This morning, I was informed that we have been granted an audience with Matriarch Erenelle Maxi and Dean Harcacia later this afternoon. It has been specified that both of us should be present. Hopefully it's just pleasantries, I have never been in a room with both of them at once before." Lakara felt a shiver run down her spine.


Hello fellow Lust Daoist's,

NovelAI Novel Model will be live on Patreon this week, and Lore Book still needs more time to cook; however, I may get it live by Saturday if my work goes well this week.
Please let me know any questions for clarity regarding the four Disciplines and Aspects you have below. I'll only be providing clarity not spoilers, but these questions can help me provide better anecdotes and metaphors in the future.

Thank you for reading, and take care.

11