Chapter 5 – The First Hunt
269 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right now there was only one unarmed goblin patrolling the area near our classroom.

“Mr. Jacob I don’t think we have to worry about the other goblins for now, if we don’t make any unnecessary noises. We should wait for this one goblin to turn his back on us and we can make our way towards the school auditorium.”

The school auditorium is a large hall and is around 40-second walking distance from our class if we run we might make it faster.

William looked at Mr. Jacob, “Yes Mr. Jacob I think Robin is right we will get a better view of the school from the auditorium and we will be closer to the school gate.”

Mr. Jacob was looking a little nervous, “Alright let’s do that, but be careful guys.”

Now that our plan was ready, we were waiting for the lone goblin to turn his back on us so that we could get out of the classroom door and make our way to the auditorium.

After waiting a few minutes we got our chance and the three of us made our way towards the auditorium.

We just took a step outside the door, this was the first time I was taking a good look at the school ground after killing the goblin.

The grass at the school ground has grown a lot, it’s around a foot long now, and the few trees we had at the school have turned into massive trees. But these trees were nothing compared to the trees that I saw in the distance.

There was a small hill at the back of our school, the hill was almost barren if I remember correctly, but now it turned into a massive forest it was full of giant trees.

Some of the trees looked like they were about to reach the sky, I was not very certain how thick they were but looking at them from a distance, I would guess it would take around 6 adults to wrap their arms around them.

Compared to that, the trees on the school ground looked like a joke. We had one large tree at the school which took around 2 adults to wrap their arms around to cover it, but now it has grown twice the size of that.

Although our goal was to move toward the auditorium, for a minute we forgot about that because of the sudden change of the surroundings.

What was even worse was that the damn goblin had already turned and was running toward us.

When we heard the rushed footsteps of the goblin, it brought us back to our senses and we started to run with everything we had toward the auditorium.

While we were running something inside me was making my blood boil, it was urging me to fight back, it was urging me to level up, to become stronger.

So with everything I had in myself, I stopped and turned back towards the rushing goblin. The goblin was taken aback by what was happening in front of him, He stopped in his tracks and was staring at me. I guess he was thinking about where the prey got the courage to stand up against the predator.

My muscles were twitching, I could feel every single muscle of my body, and I could hear my heart beating. This is the first proper fight I will be in. The goblin I killed earlier was out of desperation, I didn’t have any control over the situation back then. But now it is time to hunt!!!

The Forest Goblin was smaller compared to me, so it won’t be able to reach my vitals that easily. But it’s a fast one so I will have to be careful.

I still have the images of what happened to that teacher, who was eaten alive by these monsters.

My eyes were on the goblin. Suddenly he made a move, he leaped with all his strength, the crazy bastard was aiming for my neck.

At that moment I felt like I was looking at it in slow motion, I could see him stretching his hands to the best of his abilities to make up for the lack of his height.

I was not sure if I would be able to fight something whose goal was to take my life, so to evade his attack, I jumped back. I could see his claws reaching the point where I just was.

I could feel the airwave from his attack.

This is real, I will have to get serious or I die. No more running back! No more running back!

The goblin did the same thing, he used all his strength to take a giant leap aiming at my neck. But this time I did not move back, I used all my strength to throw the most powerful punch that I have ever thrown. I could feel the muscles on my back tensing up.

And there it was. BAAM!! , it was a head-on collision, my knuckle, and the goblin's face. The goblin immediately fell down to the ground, I could see his nose was broken but the guy was not dead yet. So I pined him down with my knees on his chest and started punching his face with everything I had. I heard some cracking sounds, but I didn’t stop and kept going at it until I was exhausted.

*Forest Goblin - Lvl 1 Killed*

*+50Exp*

*Learned Skil: Power Punch Lv 1 (Common)*

*Level Up*

*+5 Attribute Point*

*+1 Skill Point*

*+5 STR*

*+7 VIT*

*+2 DEF*

The ruckus caused by me and the goblin attracted the attention of a few other goblins, so I ran as fast as I could toward the auditorium doors, where Mr. Jacob and William were waiting for me.

The moment I entered the auditorium, they closed the door. My hands were covered in green goblin blood. Well, I thought everyone was supposed to have red blood but well here we go, we have green blood now, what’s next cotton candy as hair?

We all decided to relax and wait in the auditorium for a little bit. While I was thinking of the battle with the goblin I saw William coming towards me, “Robin, What the fuck do you think you are doing. Are you trying to be a hero or something?”

My adrenaline was high after the fight with the goblin plus I don’t really give much of fuck about what William says, ‘William just mind your own fucking business. Let’s just do what needs to be done.”

We have had this kind of relationship since the time we meet. On multiple occasions, we have exchanged harsh words but it has never come to fighting. My way of dealing with William is to forget that he exists. The world is a better place without him.

After our not-so-nice conversation, William went to the other corner of the auditorium to do who knows what.

But I had important matters to handle I leveled up after the fight with the goblin and I have been feeling much stronger since then.

“System show me the status”

*STATUS*

Name: Robin Valter

Level: 2

HP: 260/260

MP: 0/0

Exp: 40/102

Race: Lesser Human

Class: None

Skill: Unwavering Body Lvl 1(L), Identification Lvl 1 (Common), Power Punch Lvl 1 (Common)

*Attributes*

Strength: 13

Vitality: 13

Defense: 6

Agility: 4

Intelligence: 3

Willpower: 4

Wisdom: 0

Luck: 3

Free Attribute Points: 5

Free Skill Points: 1

Woah… I have 13 points on strength and vitality, and there are free attribute points, I do want to put them all in on strength since there is no stat balance drawback because of Unwavering Body but I do want a little more agility or I might just be a sitting duck waiting to be killed.

*+4 STR*

*+1 AGI*

Alright next let’s try upgrading Unwavering Body to level 2.

*Insufficient Skill Points, Upgrading A Legendary Rank Skill Requires 10 Skill Points*

Well, it seems I can’t upgrade Unwavering Body for now.

Hey what is this power punch, I don’t even remember getting this skill. It was probably when I punched that goblin. So do I learn skills just by doing it? To try out my theory I performed a few kicks, with the amount of strength I had right now, my pants were not able to hold on, and there it was. A giant tear right at the crotch.

God, why do you hate me so much!!!. Alright let’s check out the new skill first, let’s not worry about my pants, for now, thankfully I have underpants on.

*Power Punch (Active) Lvl 1 (Common)*

*10% boost in punching power. Cooldown 60 seconds.*

Well that’s not bad but it has a cooldown, so I have to be sure to use it wisely. Also, the 10% boost is sweet.

Alright for now let’s upgrade Power Punch to level 2.

*Power Punch Lv+1*

*Power Punch Lv2 (C)*

*15% boost in punching power. Cooldown 60 seconds.*

Now, let's check my status window again.

*STATUS*

Name: Robin Vaulter

Level: 2

HP: 260/260

MP: 0/0

Exp: 40/102

Race: Lesser Human

Class: None

Skill: Unwavering Body Lvl 1(L), Identification Lvl 1 (Common), Power Punch Lvl 2 (Common)

*Attributes*

Strength: 17

Vitality: 13

Defense: 6

Agility: 5

Intelligence: 3

Willpower: 4

Wisdom: 0

Luck: 3

Free Attribute Points: 0

Free Skill Points: 0

11