Chapter 20 – Snakes & Magic
185 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What should I call it, Magic?”

The serpent was making a giant ball of purple flame. It was defying science as we knew it. I was so stunned I didn’t even move an inch. Although the fire was looking very cool, it was as if I was watching a million-dollar crazy VFX movie, but the temperature in the surrounding was starting to rise with the size of the purple fireball.

I saw Lily shooting another arrow toward the eye of the serpent but when the arrow got close to the fireball, it instantly turned into ashes. Without even giving it a second thought all of us started running. I was still able to make some distance between the serpent and me when I felt something hot closing in on me and the heat was getting higher with every passing mili second.

I turned my head and saw a purple ball of flame heading straight toward me, it was quick as a bullet the moment I thought of dodging it, it was already on me.

The fireball hit my back, which pushed me forward and made me fall face-first into the ground. The moment the fire touched my back I felt a sudden and astronomical amount of pain at once. This was the worst pain I had ever felt, and that too with my high pain tolerance.

*-380 HP*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Skill Learned: Magic Defense (Passive) (Uncommon) Lvl 1*

*Skill Learned: Fire Resistance (Passive) (Uncommon) Lvl 1*

Although the pain was starting to fade away little by little but, it was still too much. With soo many level-up pop-ups, I opened up my status window while still lying on the ground.

*STATUS*

Name: Robin Vaulter

Level: 7

HP: 420/1080

MP: 0/0

Exp: 1/1445

Race: Lesser Human

Class: None

Job: Adventurer

Gold: 70

Skill: Unwavering Body Lvl 1(L), Identification Lvl 1 (C), Power Punch Lvl 2 (C), Staff Mastery Lvl 5 (C), Pain Tolerance Lvl 24(C), Haste Lvl 1 (R), Axe Mastery (C)Lvl 1, Lesser Regeneration(UC) Lvl 1, Minor Strength Boost (UC) Lvl 1, Magic Defense (UC) Lvl 1, Fire Resistance (UC) Lvl 1

*Attributes*

Strength: 54

Vitality: 50

Defense: 23

Agility: 12

Intelligence: 3

Willpower: 4

Wisdom: 0

Luck: 3

Free Attribute Points: 0

Free Skill Points: 3

My health was very low, if I got hit by another one of those fireballs I would probably be dead. Although I got new skills that seemed like they could be helpful but they were both Uncommon Rank and I only had 3 free points. Fire Resistance and Magic Defense seemed like they would both have the same effect at least for now, so I decided to level up Magic Defense.

*Magic Defense Leveled Up*

With this, that was all I could do. My body was healing itself from the 3rd-degree burn that I got on my back at a rapid pace.

I looked towards the serpent and sprinted towards it at full speed, but there it was another fireball attack, this time I was not feeling like running away. If it kills me fine, but I would drag the fucking serpent to hell with me.

The serpent shot the fireball and I swung my staff right at it. The fireball burst upon the impact with my staff but the fire still got to my upper body. Most of the damage was done to my chest and face. Even my hair was on fire. But this time the damage didn’t hurt that much.

“-170 HP”

My HP was getting super low, this is do or die now. I took a giant leap and jumped straight toward the serpent's head. Since Haste was still in cooldown I activated Minor Strength Boost as a backup.

In the midst of the jump, there it was again the tail attack. But this time the speed seemed less it was probably because of the crazy magic the serpent was using and when the tail reached me I smacked it off with a single swing of my staff.

This resulted in the snake lowering his head. But his head was still out of my reach, I did my best to stretch my arms and swung the staff down with all my power. But even with that, I was only able to hit it on the mouth.

The power behind the attack was still powerful enough to instantly bring the serpent to the ground, laying flat. I landed right near its head. Without giving it time to get up I swang the staff like a hammer at the serpent's head.

The serpent's head was a paste of muss cracked from the middle, with brain fluids and blood splattered everywhere.

 

*Staff Mastery Leveled Up*

*Staff Mastery Leveled Up*

*Staff Mastery Leveled Up*

 

“Go fuck yourself in hell”, I said while looking at the dead monster.

*Purpleflame Serpent Lv 10 Killed*

*+4750 Exp*

*Level Up*

*+6 STR*

*+7 VIT*

*+2 DEF*

*+1 AGI*

*+1 WILL*

*+5 Attribute Points*

*+1 Skill Points*

*Level Up*

*+6 STR*

*+7 VIT*

*+2 DEF*

*+1 AGI*

*+1 WILL*

*+5 Attribute Points*

*+1 Skill Points*

*+3 Strength For Killing A Monster Stronger Than You*

The pain and fatigue that I felt from the fight were immediately replaced by a refreshing feeling of leveling up.

I saw Walter and Lily running toward me. They were fine with only a few scratches. Lily actually leveled up and went up to level three, she was only a few experience points away from level four. This frustrated Walter deep to his bones, he started throwing a tantrum about how he should have gotten a bow.

After I had stored the serpent inside the inventory, we went towards the pear-like fruit.

*Fruit Of Hell Flame*

*Rank: A*

We were all shocked by the weird name and the rank of the fruit. It turned out to be an A rank. If we are to go by the ranking told to us by Ratha “A” is a lifeform above level 100.

The aromatic smell of it was pulling us in towards it.

Lily was not so adamant about an unknown fruit, “Guys it might be poisonous.”

Although I wanted to listen to her but, the fruit smelled and looked too tempting to not eat. I plucked the fruit from the tree. The fruit was warm to the touch as if I were feeling a nicely cooked meal. I wanted to bite into it right away, but Walter was at the side drooling.

So I took one of Walter’s daggers and split the fruit in two, there was a small seed in between which I stored in my inventory.

The fruits inside were red in color with a little orange hue. The moment I bit into it, I felt as if I was in heaven. All I could do was close my eyes and enjoy the fruit. I did not even realize when I finished it, now I was regretting giving the fruit to Walter.

*Consumed Fruit of Hell Fire*

*Fire Resistance Leveled Up*

*Fire Resistance Leveled Up*

*Fire Resistance Leveled Up*

*Fire Resistance Leveled Up*

*Fire Resistance Leveled Up*

*Fire Resistance Leveled Up*

*Fire Resistance Leveled Up*

*Fire Resistance Leveled Up*

*Fire Resistance Leveled Up*

*Fire Resistance Leveled Up*

*Fire Resistance Leveled Up*

The Fire Resistance kept leveling up until it got to level 41.

When we told Lily what the fruit did, she was devastated. She was trying her best to put on a poker face, but a few drops of tears could be seen on her face.

10