Chapter 24 – Racial Evolution!
237 6 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After an hour of walking, we were able to reach the village without any trouble. Luke and his group were waiting for us outside the gate.

Luke came forward to greet us, “Welcome to Orilon Village everyone, we might not have housing facilities to accommodate everyone right now, but it will be available very soon. If you have any queries, you can come and find us”, he said while pointing at his team.

Everyone was happy to get inside a safe zone, so they didn’t complain about not getting shelter.

After this was settled, we all started to walk inside the village. I saw Luke’s group coming towards me, “You brought a lot of guys, it will start feeling like a real village now.”, Luke said with a smile on his face.

When I entered the village, I saw some unfamiliar buildings. One was the building with a potion sign hanging at it, the other building had a sign with coins drawn on them. Both of them were similar looking to the blacksmith building other them some minute variations.

All three buildings were made of wood, totally going with the theme of the whole medieval village. Some more living shelters were also popping into existence while we were walking in. It seemed like Luke was working on providing housing for everyone as soon as possible.

The people that we brought in with us were startled by the building popping into existence out of nowhere.

Once everyone was done soaking in the new stuff, they started running to claim a house for themselves.

We were going to do the same, but Luke stopped us, saying that he prepared a special place for us.

After a few minutes of walking from the village center, we reached a two-story wooden cabin. It was made in the perfect location to enjoy a great view of the forest outside the village. There was also a little balcony with two chairs and a table to sit back, relax and enjoy the view.

Although the cabin was made of wood in a medieval European fashion, but it still looked better than a lot of modern buildings.

We entered the door and the interior was also very well done, a living room with a fireplace and a large dining table, there was a kitchen, and a bedroom, this was all on the ground floor. The 1st floor had 3 more bedrooms and all the bedrooms had separate bathrooms on them.

Although the building looked medieval, but it was as if it was designed by someone who knew all our modern needs, and more.

We were all in awe of how the house looked, Luke was smiling looking at our faces, “How do you like it, It was designed by Tina, apparently, she used to be an architect before all this started.”

I looked at Luke, “Are you sure you want us to have this?”, along with me were Lily and Walter. Jessica and her boyfriend parted ways with us to go look for a shelter, and Walter’s parents were looking around the village.

Luke replied with a sincere smile on his face, “Yes! Yes!, it was made for you guys. I know you would help us defend the village in the time of need, so it’s the best we can do to accommodate you.”

I loved the house, plus it was a little far from the village center, putting it a good distance away from all the bustling noises.

After chatting a little more, Luke left us and went to check on the new villagers. He was going to be very busy from now on.

Walter was jumping around immediately when Luke left, “Can you guys believe it, this house belongs to us.”

Lily gave him a cold look, “And you have to die protecting it.”

And again the two of them started bickering nonstop, I left them and went to the first floor and found myself a room with a good view.

The sun was setting, and the forest had a beautiful red hue over it, and the birds flew over the sunset. It was one of the best views I had ever seen, even if we include digital images.

The forest was endless, the sky was beautiful, and the air felt refreshing. I sat on the balcony chair for a few minutes, just enjoying the view.

***

For a moment, I completely forgot about everything else because of all the built-in fatigue from today’s trip. But I was still very excited about the new unlocks that I got after getting to level 10. It was finally time to check them out.

*STATUS*

Name: Robin Vaulter

Level: 10

HP: 1420/1420

MP: 0/0

Exp: 6024/7097

Race: Lesser Human (Evolution Requirement Met)

Class: None (Unlocked)

Job: Adventurer

Gold: 70

Skill: Unwavering Body Lvl 1(L), Identification Lvl 1 (C), Power Punch Lvl 2 (C), Staff Mastery Lvl 8 (C), Pain Tolerance Lvl 24(C), Haste Lvl 1 (R), Axe Mastery (C)Lvl 2, Lesser Regeneration(UC) Lvl 1, Minor Strength Boost (UC) Lvl 1, Magic Defense (UC) Lvl 2, Fire Resistance (UC) Lvl 41

*Attributes*

Strength: 76

Vitality: 71

Defense: 36

Agility: 18

Intelligence: 3

Willpower: 7

Wisdom: 0

Luck: 3

Free Attribute Points: 5

Free Skill Points: 4

First I decided to check out racial evolution since I had no idea what kind of evolution the system was talking about.

*Congratulations on being the 2nd person to achieve level 10 on your planet*

*Reward: Higher Ranked Evolution Paths*

*Evolution Paths*

*Angari Humans(C)*

*Trzork Humans(D)*

*Larox Humans(F)*

*KazRar Humans(C)*

*Largetos Humans(A)*

*Dragonik Humans(S)*

*Qete Humans(A)*

There was a never ending list of races to choose from, it would have probably taken me my whole life to go through them. “System, can you suggest me the best ones from this.”

Even after saying this, there were around six hundred thousand left, “System can you short it down to the S Ranked ones.”

After this, I finally had a list that I could go through. Even with this, it took me 4 hours to short the top 6 that I found most interesting.

*Dragonik Humans(S)*

*Humans with a little bit of dragon blood in them, it is said that an ancient dragon once blessed humans with its blood. Now the Drgonik Humans have become powerful enough to be considered a powerhouse among all the 9 realms.*

*+4 STR/level*

*+3 VIT/level*

*+4 DEF/level*

*+3 AGI/level*

*+3 INT/level*

*+5 WIS/level*

*+3 Skill Points/level*

*Titan Blood Humans(S)*

*Although not pure, but Titan Blood Humans are still descendants of once great Elder Titans, who were all killed in the war against the Gods.

*+2 STR/level*

*+7 VIT/level*

*+7 DEF/level*

*+3 WILL/level*

*+3 Skill Points/level*

*Kegan Humans(S)*

*Born on a planet of flames, the Kegan humans are immune to fire damage. They are also very proficient in fire magic.

*+Fire Resistance Lvl 100*

*-40% Earth Resistance*

*+Fire Magic Lvl 10*

*+1 STR/level*

*+2 VIT/level*

*+1 AGI/level*

*+1 INT/level*

*+2 DEF/level*

*+2 WILL/level*

*+2 WIS/level*

*+3 Skill Points/level*

*Maldera Humans(S)*

*Blessed with mana, they are a race of humans who excel at magic. It is said that the ancestor of Maldera Humans had a contract with a Celestial Spirit, resulting in all his descendants having 200 times larger mana valves compared to normal humans.

*+ Mana Control Lv 20*

*+1 VIT/level*

*+9 INT/level*

*+2 WILL/level*

*+5 WIS/level*

*+3 Skill Points/level*

*Demi Troll(S)*

*Trolls are known for their taste in human females, In many occasions male trolls impregnate human females, but rarely do these females survive. But when this freak of babies are born, they are known to wield catastrophic power.*

*+Lesser Regenaration Lvl 60*

*-10% Water Resistance (Unable to swim because of dense bones)*

*+4 STR/level*

*+9 VIT/level*

*+9 DEF/level*

*+3 Skill Points/level*

*Asgar Humans(S)*

*Blessed with a unique talent in holy magic and a hardy body, almost every capable adult of the Asgar race is a capable Paladin. They say if you give Asgar a sword and a shield, he alone can defend a fortress.”

*+Holy Magic Lvl 30*

*-10% Arcane Resistance*

*+5 VIT/level*

*+10 DEF/level*

*+3 Skill Points/level*

All of them seemed very well suited for me other than the Maldera Humans, which I was a little hesitant about. First, it was magic-based evolution, but it was still a S rank, so I did not take it out of the picture.

After another hour of going through the list again, I decided to go with Demi Troll. Every one of the 5 was great, but the crazy amount of vitality and defense boost that Demi Troll gave was crazy. Dragonik Humans was my next option since it was much more balanced, but since my stats were already so broken, I just went with boosting my physical abilities to the max.

When I clicked on Demi Troll, a new window opened up with all the information about the Demi Troll and a picture of me as one.

The image I was looking at in the status window was me 7.8 feet(237 cm) tall, weighing 1500 kg(3306 lbs), the information was written below the image.

Other than the height and the muscular physic, the other striking features were the pale white skin, neck long brown hair, and a golden pair of pupils. I did not really mind any of these features and clicked on confirm to evolve into a Demi Troll.

The moment I clicked confirm I felt a sharp pain in my spine, it was as if someone was pulling me apart from head to toe, trying to tear me apart. My muscles felt as if they were being torn apart every second and attached back together the next. The pain was getting worse with every passing second.

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

The pain was so bad that I fell to the ground, the pain went on for 10 minutes, but it felt like days.

After 5 more minutes, the pain started to die down but again suddenly the pain started, but this time in my bones. It felt like every single bone in my body was being broken into tiny little pieces and with every breaking of the bones, the pain kept increasing.

The pain was getting unbearable, I screamed at the top of my lungs, “AAAAHHHHHHHH….”, after the scream I was not able to hold onto my consciousness and passed out.

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

*Pain Tolerance Leveled Up*

9