SIXTEEN
258 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

"Guys, this is Alex. He's my roommate during the camp. Since he had no friends he can hang out with, I invited him to join us later." I told Kent and Bea as soon as I found them in the function hall. Meanwhile, the moment Bea saw Alex, I noticed her frown a little but it quickly disappeared as she smiled. 'Was it my imagination?'

"Alex Wilson?" Bea asked with a smile I'm quite acquainted with. It's her fake smile. 'So it wasn't my imagination. Does she have something against Alex?'

"Oh, you know him?" I asked surprised, ignoring how she's now using her fake smile. If you're someone who only knew Bea a few times, you won't notice that her smile now is faked, but as someone like me who has been with her since highschool, I knew that the lack of lines on the side of his mouth when she 'smiles' mean she wasn't smiling genuinely. Anyway, maybe she just doesn't like anyone joining us because it had always been just the three of us. But Alex is such a loner, I just didn't have the heart to leave him.

"Yeah, I heard a few rumors about him. Nice to meet you," Bea said, continuing with her smile before he extended her hand to handshake Alex.

"Oh, what kind of rumors?" I asked curiously. Right now, I'm the center of all rumors in the University being that Prince Sahib was supposed to be my fated mate but Alex is just a normal timid Omega, what kind of rumors would surround such an innocent-looking person?

"Y-yeah? W-what kind of rumors?" Alex stuttered, he sounded nervous so I tapped his back to give him a little assurance. Bea might look and sound rough but she wouldn't bite if you didn't do anything.

"Oh, you know. Being good at math and all," Bea said leisurely, making me raise my brows.

"Well, that made sense, he's into accounting. It would have been bad if he wasn't good in Math." I said laughing while Bea agreed because it does make sense. Hearing what Bea had said, Alex also laughed but I could tell he was feeling awkward towards us. Anyway, that's just normal because he just knew us for a couple of minutes.

"Anyway Alex, this is Bea and Kent. They are my best friends so I hope you will get along during this camp," I said. Bea and Kent nodded. The three of them quickly acquainted, making me smile in satisfaction. We chatted a little bit just to kill some time and later the orientation finally started with us not even listening to most of it until it finished half an hour later. We had a quick lunch before all students were allowed to roam the camp site freely as long as they came back at 6 pm for the bonfire opening celebration.

"So where are we going first?" I asked excitedly. I heard there are so many places we can go here at the campsite. I'm okay with sightseeing and maybe hiking but not rafting. Maybe I should ask the professor to excuse me from that tomorrow.

"Let's head for the caves and waterfalls first, then we can go and see the sunset at the mountain scenery," Bea suggested as we walked towards the front desk. Since we were going to go hiking a little, it's best for us to use the right equipment to do so just for safety measurement. The trails towards the caves and waterfalls should be dangerous but it's better to be safe than sorry.

"Yeah, you're right. Okay then, let's do that," I said agreeing along with Kent and Alex. We arrived at the front desk and the receptionist quickly directed us to the right place to get the tools that we needed. And although the site was free, the tools like ropes, flashlights, hiking shoes, helmets, and all for rental so we had to pay to be able to use it because these things are prone to getting lost.

"Wow, there are a lot of students planning to do what we're planning," I mentioned looking at the equipment shop almost filled with students from the University. All the staff in the shop seemed to be busy assisting the students.

"Yeah, but this place is huge so I bet it still wouldn't feel crowded. I heard this site was more than 10 hectares and the mountains and rivers aren't even included in that space," Bea informed and I was amazed actually at how she knew that since she wasn't interested in this trip in the first place.

"Hmmm, there should be no other people on the site for the next 3 days," Kent added. Well, that's good, at least this way picture taking would look good without a photo bomber at the side.

"Hi good afternoon, are you perhaps Mr. Gabriel Ferns?" One staff asked while all four of us were waiting for our turn to rent our own tools. I looked at the lady confused but I still smiled and nodded.

"Ah, Y-Yes?" I replied.

"I was specially instructed to assist you and your friends all throughout your stay here. Please come with me, I've prepared tools for you and your friends. Your tour guide is also waiting to assist you," She said making me blink my eyes at her. Instructed to assist me? Was it Rahu?

"Ohh, that's nice. Then we should take this opportunity. The sooner, the better since our time is only limited," Hearing what the lady had said as well. Bea whistled before pushing me towards the direction the lady pointed at earlier where she said our things were prepared. "Oh but we don't need a tour guide. A map would be good enough," Bea added, looking towards the staff who nodded at her demand.

We quickly arrived at the location which was just the storage room. We quickly looked for the things we wanted and fitted them all.

"A-are you sure it's fine for me to take this for free as well?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, it's okay," I replied. Rahu probably prepared this all for me since he knew I didn't like to go on this camp. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the reason why we're staying at this high-end nature-adventure resort.

"Yeah, just take it. You see, Gabby's fiancé is really doting towards him. Besides, this much wouldn't harm his wallet," Bea flaunted.

"Oh really?" Alex replied, a soft smile on his lips. "Okay then, I'll accept it," Alex replied.

Finally, after we finished all our preparation, we headed towards the waterfalls first. There were three waterfalls at the resort, the first one we went to was the smallest looking like a staircase. We took a lot of pictures before heading towards the next one which had a huge swimming pool-like at the bottom. The water was so blue so we decided to swim a little like other students who went there to sightsee. After we had our fill, we then quickly headed to the tallest waterfall that had a cave at the side. We only took a quick picture at the waterfall and quickly headed to the cave.

"It's pretty dark so don't get separated," Bea warned. Although the cave had a small entrance, we were told that it was pretty deep so it was easy to get lost inside. There had been a lot of cases that tourists went lost inside but eventually if you continue walking you'll find the exit. 

That's what the staff said because they said all paths had an exit although it's like a maze inside.

"W-wait, Alex is missing," Bea just said don't get separated and now I noticed Alex wasn't actually at my side. He was just beside me earlier.

"What!? Are you sure?"

"Y-yeah, he was just beside me earlier," I said, my heart pounding uneasily because getting lost at this kind of place is definitely scary. "I'll just go and find him, maybe he's just behind us waiting for us to come back," I said and was about to quickly head back.

"Wait, let's just all head back," Bea suggested which I declined. We're already halfway through. It would be such a waste if they couldn't get through the cave.

"No, it's okay. If anything, Alex and I will just see you outside," I said.

"Okay, just text us," Bea agreed, seeing no problem with the arrangement. I then quickly trailed back looking for Alex but no matter how much I walked back, I still couldn't find Alex. 'Wait, did he perhaps walk into the wrong path?' I thought and hastily looked around with my flashlight. There are currently three paths in front of me right now and the left side was where I got out and where Kent and Bea at.

"He might have entered the middle without noticing," I mumbled to myself and quickly ran towards the middle path.

"Alex!?" I called hurriedly.

"Alex!? Answer me if you're there!" I called out again and looked around but Alex still wasn't there. I ran a little further until I reached a little clearing. I was out of breath and my body was sweating despite being cold earlier when we were swimming at the waterfalls.

"Where is he?" I blurted to myself, not realizing with all the running I did. I was actually the one getting lost.

* * *

END OF CHAPTER SIXTEEN.

3