NINETEEN
198 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

There was no time to waste, the next day came and students began to spread rumors. Despite the secrecy of the operation, the rumors sited that the crown Prince himself personally came to give assistance to rescue Grabriel Ferns, who was the rumored fated pair of the Eldest Prince Amir Sahib. The whole situation was dire and no one could stop these words from spreading among the students especially when there are a few that saw the Crowned Prince's people and the Crowned Prince himself.

That is why after evaluating the whole situation, students were all, except Bea and Kent, sent home as the school activity had postponed.

"Your highness, this area, and this whole area are currently filled with water so if our subject, forgive me for my words, but if our subject managed to survive, he should be near this area where the landscape is higher. I believe, there should be no water here," The head of the rescue team said and pointed at the map of the cave. It's pretty common for a cave to gather water during rain and it would take a day or two for that water to drain so it is safe to say that this incident is no longer a simple missing person but a natural disaster rescue mission that could sometimes mean, they could be trying to retrieve a dead body.

"Please, do whatever you can to find him," Rahu only managed to say as he listened. He understood what the chief was saying and although he was not happy about it, at this moment, there was no time for unnecessary arguments. He didn't even care if his relationship with Gabriel become exposed, all he needs right now is to save his mate as soon as possible.

"Yes, we are currently doing whatever we can at the moment," the chief replied. Thankfully, due to the Prince's support, they were able to get their hands on 3 massive water pump machines that are now operating to drain the cave. Normally, if left alone, a whole night of rain would drain within 2 days depending on how heavy was the rain but with 3 massive water pumps, it should take a day.

"I-I know Gabby is fine. He may look delicate but he's strong and knows how to fight for himself," Bea said from the side. She was also listening with Kent, she understood what the chief was saying as well but she immediately denied the possibility and decided to think positively. Kent also agreed, he believed that his dear friends survived.

"Then I'll be waiting for the result soon," Rahu said to the chief and quickly dismissed him. He heaved a huge sigh feeling completely hopeless due to his inability to help.

"Your Highness, it is Mr. Ferns," Baltes suddenly interrupted holding a phone. When Rahu heard who was at the other line, he sighed feeling guilty. Originally, the school activity wasn't supposed to be held at the resort but because he wanted his mate to have fun during his trip, he secretly sponsored the trip and so now they're here. If he didn't do that, none of this would have happened.

"Hello," Picking the phone, Rahu put it against his ear and soon talked.

[Your Highness, how's my Gabby? D-Did you find him yet? I'm still on my way to the resort,] Mr. Ferns said worriedly. When the professor called him earlier he immediately decided to close down his shop for the day so he could go and help find his son.

"I'm sorry. We're still doing our best to find him as soon as possible," Rahu said dejectedly that as soon as Mr. Ferns heard him, he gasped mournfully and started sobbing.

[Oh my God! My baby. How could this happen to him?] Mr. Ferns said between sobs. Rahu didn't say anything because truthfully even he was helpless. He couldn't do anything for his Queen and there's that guilt he was feeling even though knew this was not his fault. He already talked to Kent and Bea and they have no concrete evidence but this Alex person, the two said that he was the reason why Gabriel was now nowhere to be found. He asked someone to investigate this Alex Wilson and he will soon make him pay.

"I'm sorry," Rahu said again and this time he could hear Gabriel's Father bawl in grief. Rahu just listened to his soon-to-be father-in-law and remained silent. It was not until Mr. Ferns managed to calm that their call ended with him saying he will be coming soon.

"W-What did uncle said?" Bea asked seeing Rahu putting down the cell phone.

"*Sigh* He'll be coming here soon," Rahu replied helplessly. He didn't know how far the Omega knew about his missing son but he could imagine how he would react when he learns that there is a possibility that they could be trying to rescue a lifeless body. As much as Rahu refused to believe this, he needed to prepare himself for the worse. Whatever happens, he needed to be strong as the crowned Prince of his country.

Bea listened to the reply but she didn't say anything because she knew Mr. Ferns will not be able to handle knowing that his beloved son could be already dead by now. Of course, she also knew that despite the Crowned Prince's calm demeanor, he must probably also about to have a mental breakdown at this moment. Just knowing that his mate could possibly be dead, there's no greater pain than losing your bonded pair.

'Gabby, wherever you are, I hope you're safe. For sake of the people who love you so dearly.' Bea prayed in her thoughts.

The day went by with them not a single thing to do except wait for the water to drain enough for the rescuers to enter the cave. Mr. Ferns arrived at the resort not long after and just like all they had assumed, the Omega indeed wasn't able to handle the information and ended up fainting. By the time he woke up, it was in the afternoon, the sun was scorching hot and thankfully the water in the cave was low enough for people to explore inside.

"Uncle, please calm down. The rescuers are doing everything they can to help," Bea and Kent tried to calm Mr. Ferns. As soon he learned that the rescuers could finally start the operation, he tried and insist to help but, of course, him having no proper skills and experience he was bound to be declined.

"I-I know. I-I won't insist to go but I want to be there when they find my baby," Of course, he too knew his capability so when Bea and Kent stopped him, he began to cry again and said instead. He was bawling in agony still while Bea and Kent tried to comfort him when Rahu suddenly Rahu walked inside the room with an outfit filled with gears. Just by looking at him, it was clear that he too couldn't just sit and wait so he was planning to go inside the cave and help find Gabriel as well.

Rahu walked towards his soon-to-be father-in-law and slowly kneeled in front of him. As the Crowned Prince of his country, he is not someone you can see to kneel in front of someone except for the current King and Queen, and his beloved but being that Mr. Ferns was the father of his bonded pair, he was kneeling in front of him with sincerity.

"Please, I know it's difficult to sit still and wait but for the sake of your son, my mate, and my beloved Queen, I am asking you to stay and believe me. I am asking you to put your trust in me, I believe he is well and I will find him safe and sound," Rahu said still kneeling with his head bowed down just like how he talks to his father, the King, and mother, the Queen, as a sign of his deep respect.

"Y-Your Highness," Mr. Ferns stuttered, he looked at the Rahu shocked just like Kent and Bea. They were all caught off guard at the Crowned Prince's sudden action because they knew full well the Crown Prince shouldn't be kneeling in front of him.

"P-Please stand up. You shouldn't be kneeling in front of a commoner like me,"

"Right now, I am not the Crowned Prince of Mizrahill. I am kneeling here in front of you because as Gabriel's father and my future father-in-law, I want to assure you that I will bring him back safe and sound. I am only hoping for your trust," Rahu said catching Mr. Ferns off guard again causing him to stay silent. His tears halted from streaming down and moments later he finally smiled faintly and nodded. No matter how much he denies the Prince and his son's relationship, he could never take away the fact that the two are now a pair and loved each other from the bottom of their hearts.

"I trust you. Please bring my baby back to me," Mr. Ferns said and urged Rahu to stand up.

"Thank you,"

Meanwhile, deep inside the dark and moist cave, a shivering man laid on the ground. He was coming in and out of his fever and no matter how hard he tried to keep his mind awake, he would still find his consciousness being swallowed by the darkness of his mind. His cellphone battery had long drained and he had no source of light, he did not know what time it was nor know if it was morning or night. His only companion was the cold and the backpack that was giving him the little bit of warmth he was eager to have.

Long hours had passed, his temperature no sign of dropping. The pain he was feeling on his sprained leg continued to ache, waking him up from his constantly drifting consciousness. In the least, he was thankful for that because if he continued to sleep, he was afraid that he wouldn't ever be able to wake up and that he would die just like this without saying goodbye to his Dad, his friends, and most especially, to Rahu.

* * *

END OF CHAPTER NINETEEN.

2