TWENTY-SEVEN
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

"How's work?" I asked as soon as I saw Rahu walking towards me. It's been 3 days since Rahu and I started living together and so far so good even though he had become busier than before. He still tried to give me as much attention as he could and we would still no-fail eat every meal together, except maybe breakfast. But... of course it has been just a few days so I don't know for sure for how long would he be able to keep that up since the wedding and the preparation for his succession of the throne has made him even busier as the date came close. Thankfully, he didn't have to go anywhere and he could work in his office at home.

As for me, since my injury has not healed yet, everyone refrained me from going to class especially since I'm pregnant and I could accidentally hurt myself again. I have already been excused for as long as I needed but in order for me to not miss a thing in my classes, the university would provide me learning materials by the end of the week and would give me exercises as well. So I’m not just lazing around the house when Rahu’s working since I’m actually busy with my own things. And if I’m not, I would be watching TV or pestering Bea by face timing her in the middle of her training.

One reason I had agreed with staying at home as well was because Bea was already starting with her training for taekwondo and she won’t be able to attend most of our class as she was excused for being an athlete. And Kent, he had always been busy with his studies and part time job so with them not around to help me who was pregnant and still injured, it was for the best that I stay home until I could stand on my own without accidentally falling.

"I don't think the number is dropping down," Rahu replied before suddenly leaned down to me instead of sitting beside me. I was confused for a quick second before he picked me up on his arm without a sweat and sat on the couch with me on his lap. I blinked my eyes unable to believe what he just did but I soon giggled watching him bury his face against my chest, as always his warm palm slithered inside my clothes and caressed my stomach.

"Yeah? But you still have time to do this with me every day," I chuckled.

"Of course, this is my time to recharge. If I don't do this at least, I won't be productive for the rest of the day," Rahu replied. He sounded like pouting but I do understand him because it's the same for me as well. To be honest, I never thought that we would be separated like this when we’re finally living together. I thought that since we’re now living together, we would be together 24/7 but all of that was just my wishful thinking because we barely see each other in the house since most of the time, he was in his office. Of course, I could have visited Rahu whenever I want but that would distract Rahu from his work so I limited my visit to once in the morning and once in the afternoon. For now, that should be enough because we still get to see each other during lunch break and afternoon break like at this moment.

"I have been so busy that we don't even have the time to make love... I don't want this to be taken away from me as well," Rahu added and this time he sighed. Aside from him being busy, we were also purposely avoiding the naughty. After all, my leg wasn't healed yet. My condition had ruined both our fantasies just when we were truly looking forward to the time when we could finally live together and have the unlimited time to love each other. But it’s a given that we haven’t given up yet. Everything was just starting and we knew that this was just temporary because we still have a lifetime together once we officially got married.

"Well, do you want me to help you?? I can do some light things to help you ease your work," I suggested, combing Rahu's hair using my fingers. I feel bad for him because he had so many responsibilities on his shoulder and as his soon-to-be lifetime partner, I want to be able to help ease up his burden even just a little.

"No... it's fine, my Queen. You're still reciprocating from your injury and you're pregnant. I can't involve you in stressful things. It's enough that you're here to always cheer me up whenever I needed it." Rahu said softly, pulling away from his hug this time as he caressed my cheeks while we looked at each other's eyes. His silver eyes looked so beautifully captivating as always. It looked so majestic to the point that it was unrealistic. I honestly wouldn’t believe that eye color like his never existed if I wasn’t looking directly at it.

"Rahu, when our baby is born. I hope he/she will get your beautiful eyes..." I mentioned and caressed his cheeks as well before drawing near to kiss it softly. Rahu watched me as I drew away from him. I love this man so much. I've loved him since I was 10. I never really thought he would feel the same way as I did because we were simply two strangers sending each other letters. I also never thought that we'd see and hold each other like this. I was so hurt when I received a letter saying we could no longer send each other a letter and that he was breaking up with me. That time I didn’t care about anything and  used up my savings and flew to Mizrahil to see him only to be refused even the chance to talk to him. Of course, later on, I had discovered that it was all the Queens doing but that still hurt me.

The thing I felt for Rahu, it wasn't a simple attraction. It's like it was fate for us to be together. It was fate that we saw each other when we were kids and it was our fate to fall in love with each other. That's why I was so disappointed when I found out that instead of Rahu, the eldest Prince had become my fated pair. I was terrified. I thought I would lose the feelings I had for Rahu because my fated pair had arrived but the strong emotions I had for Rahu remained the same. I knew what the eldest prince had said about us being a fated pair was somehow true but the one I had felt for the eldest prince was simply physical. For Rahu, he had already taken all my heart with him.

"What are you thinking so seriously, my Queen?" Rahu suddenly asked, noticing my expression and sudden silence. I remained looking at Rahu and I know more than anyone else, he was the most anxious learning about me being fated to his older brother—the person he was not in good terms with—that's why he was keeping me away. I knew he had ulterior motives as well for making me stay at home but I wanted to assure him that no matter what, I would choose him.

"Rahu, every time I kiss you like this my body tingles in so much joy and excitement. My heart would flutter uncontrollably and my mind would have nothing else but the thoughts of you," I said after kissing Rahu briefly, catching him off guard but he didn't say or do anything and waited for me to finish my words.

"I was in love with you ever since I was 10. I never thought we'd end up like this. So don't think that my feelings were just because you marked me and that we have bonded. I have always felt like this for you with or without the bond. Only for you, Rahu. It's like it was destined for me to love you and be attracted to you so if there was anyone, Rahu... You are my fated pair. The one person I badly wanted to see even at the brink of death. No one else, so please be a little more confident with yourself. I would never leave you for anyone in this lifetime," I finished with a soft smile. I could see how Rahu's eyes widened at my words before they glistened so beautifully as if it was the only thing he was waiting for me to say. It was the only thing that he needed to feel secure.

"I apologize for saying this too late. I was terrified and confused... But now that we are going to have our own family, I wanted to make sure you knew this. Know that I would choose you between anyone else in this world. A person claiming to be my fated pair would never erase the feelings I had for you all this time," I added. This thing must have been weighing Rahu all this time.

"I love you," I whispered again.

"M-My Queen, I love you more than anyone else in this world. I'd do anything for you to be happy even if I had to dirty my hands for it," Rahu expressed, his voice cracking as he buried his face against my chest and hugged me so tightly.

"Rahu, I don't want you to dirty your hands for me if it's going to make you sad but I'll always take your side no matter what... So you can tell me anything. We're soon going to be married, so if it's about me, you can let me know. If you're unsure, let's talk about it rather than having you keeping it to yourself. Don't take my feelings for you lightly, I'd never give you up even if you throw me away," I chuckled. I honestly didn't know why he was the one having no confidence at all in our relationship. If there was someone, it should be me because he's the prince and not me. Alas, when it came to me he's just a normal man, loving.

"I would never throw you away, my Queen. If anything, please don't throw me away. I'd kill myself if you do," Rahu said almost begging and I quickly frown, pulling him away.

"Hey! Don't say that! I already told you that I won't! There's nothing that could make me throw you away, over my dead body," I said with a pout while Rahu just chuckled.

"Even if you find out that I was not someone you think I am?" Rahu asked rather seriously, making me laugh.

"Yeah," I replied, pinching his nose.

"I'm serious, my Queen."

"Yeah and I told you, I'm serious as well," I insisted. Rahu stared at me as if contemplating before he finally gave up and sighed deeply.

"I might end up locking you up somewhere if you change your mind," Rahu whispered suddenly laying me down on the couch and towering over me. I burst in laughter listening to him but I didn't know how serious he was with his words and I was going to find out sooner or later.

* * *

End of Chapter Twenty-Seven.



0