Ephemeral (200w)
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ephemeral Earth

Earth came to be, one of the trillions of planets in the wide universe. It was born fleeting and insignificant, a planet made of water and earth. Water enabled life, and life crawled on dirt. 

More than four milliard years after the birth of earth, Humans came to be, one of the many lifeforms on earth. Humans found fire, eradicated many lifeforms, and grew into larger communities. 

More than two-hundred-thousand years after the birth of humans, they worshipped the sun, as the giver of life, and built a society of prosperity. 

Less than five thousand years later, humans observed the sky and tried to make sense of the universe.

As they explored space and looked further and further into the beginning of the universe, they made an astounding realization: the universe was born, and will eventually die. 

They sought a way out. First, away from the sun, set to die in around 7 billion years. 

Five hundred years later, humanity colonized Mars, the first interplanetary leap forward. To adapt to the developments, humanity killed tradition. 

Five thousand years later, humanity left the solar system, leaving behind earth. To survive the light years spent travelling, humans killed their need for sustenance. They no longer need food or water to live.

More than seven milliard years after the birth of humans, the sun died. The earth died shortly after. 

Much like a water droplet fighting the Sahara, Earth fought against the sun, and evaporated thirty seconds later. No human watched. No human alive called earth home. 

Humans settled in space, running towards the centre of the universe as solar systems, asteroid belts and galaxies drifted further and further away. In their great fear, humans killed the concept of friends, family and home. 

A hundred trillion years after the death of earth, the universe reached maximum entrophy. Humans killed their existence. 

 

0