Daytime (200w)
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am nurtured by the light. Each and every ray of sunlight is absorbed, and sifted through. 

My rakes climb through the ocean of water. Waves and currents shook me off my path, directed me to a pillar to which I could not feel an end in sight. So my tendrils climbed the pillar, higher and higher. 

My rakes climb through the ocean of dirt. Animals and other plants shook me off my path, until I learned their behavior and made use of them. Nutrients given to me by animals hardened my exterior like bark, bark I climbed into the ocean of air. 

My rakes climb through the ocean of air. There was no pillar in the sky. I became my own pillar. Turbulent currents shook my pillar, threatening to make it fall. Birds come and go, adding to the weight. I climbed and climbed; until I felt lighter, and my water was cold, but boiling. 

My rakes reached beyond the ocean. 

What had sprung me to climb such heights? I tried to remember my birthplace. A piece of ocean that, as I can see from above, extended into a cavern below. I was a seed stranded by the tides of the ocean. 

It was here where I realized the futility of my actions. All my plants that extended into the world beyond withered and died. No currents or obstacles stood in my way; the absence of them stopped my climb. 

I channeled my effort to spread out. Farther, wider. 

My rakes climbed through the ocean of fate. Clung to a pillar where a day never ends, abandoned a pillar where a day never existed. 

From the very top of my body, a flower sprung forth. I had carefully pumped that seed to this place, and nurtured it. If I could not pass the barrier, perhaps the flower will do so in the next lifetime.

 

Lofty below the clouds pass by

White streaks in broad daylight

The ocean

air, water, mist

Lurking danger.

 

0