Arc 10.10: The vampire and the fox part 4
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Uncooperativeness?

Pine follows up and says, “A lot of people from Aplos have been rather rude and distant to members of Niflheim. They have refused to work well with each other, and have sometimes just ignored orders. It seems that some of their ego are being hurt by the outsiders who have knowledge of the world. A bunch of idiots who I need to knock around.”

Arend says, “Of course, there are those like Ewen, who likes learning about foreign construction techniques, but I doubt there are even 30 like him among the over 1000 thousand adults in Aplos.”

“But I thought everyone was getting along?”

Sandra says, “They have gotten along with the people who have joined Aplos but the rest who have formed into their own grounds, have not received any kind of treatment from them.”

“I didn’t expect this kind of childish behaviour from them.”

Avram says, “The unknown is scary, and when a group of people are faced with another group who is unknown to them, the first thing they do is try and dominate them.”

Arend, then says, “And this behaviour has caused many people to be in tension. This has slowed down their working effectiveness, which has led to delays, which has led to even more frustrations and tensions. Some people have even started to complain very vocally about it.”

Maple clenches her fist, as he talks.

“Is it really that bad?”

Avram says, “You don’t have to worry about it, Elia has been handling all of it. Though even her abilities can only calm such frustrations for so long.”

Upon hearing Elia’s name Orb, lets go of Cyrus, and Cyrus then stands up behind him still confused by Orb’s actions.

Rubbing my hands against my head, I say, “I was too naïve. I thought everyone would get along rather well, but of course, this would happen. I fooled myself into thinking my words were more powerful than they were.”

Avram responds, “Don’t get down on yourself, in most cases this would result in the different parties killing each other, and the fact that all these people who lack trust for each other can work together this well is a sign that your existence has weight to them. But still.”

Elliot says, “The fact is you're not around enough due to the work you do, and our country is a mishmash of all different types who are here since they have nowhere else to go.”

Clapping my hands, I say, “I see, and now I know why you have all been looking stressed out, but I have thought up of some solutions.”

“First, I will be reducing the work I concerning the removal of the snow.”

Maple says, “But aren’t you doing the most important job?”

“It is a long-term goal. Right now I don’t see us doing any farming for the foreseeable future, so it is better to focus on the current crisis we are facing and get through them.

Due to my free time, I will go and speak with the people who have made their own groups. Reaffirming and thanking them for all they have done should calm their nerves down.

I would rather give everyone a break, but right now we are all working for the sake of survival so this is the best I can do.”

Sandra says, “Please that would be very helpful.”

I look at Maple who is struggling, and then say, “Secondly about our shop. To the west is the continent of Molstoria, to the east is Enotita, and to the south is Terrafide. Ignoring Fimbulwinter and the dragon content Avesta for obvious reason, these are the three places we have been talking about setting up our shop.”

Avram says, “We were talking about setting it up in Enotita since we haven’t caused any incidents in that continent and it would be better for us to slowly get a foothold into the market over there.”

Elliot being a businessman grasps my thought process and says, “But that won’t do it anymore?”

“No, it won’t we are in desperate need of resources. There is also the fact that over in Enotita the heaven's song is the most spoken with the saviour's song being the next one. The warriors only speak the Heroes song, out of the Tria carmina.

And with all of the problems faced by the warriors of Aplos in regard to learning, no way would they be able to learn the heaven's song in time. So we are shifting gears, we will be setting up our shop in Cordum.”

Avram says, “Orb are you sure about that? It is quite literally the biggest trade city in the world and is filled with a lot of people who would use any means necessary to crush their opponents.”

Looking at Elliot, I say, “What do you think about this.”

Elliot was one of Dushes most trusted subordinates, he had done countless business deals with her, there is no one here besides his sister that knows as much about him.

“I think it would be hard. Cordum is very well regulated, so nothing could happen within the city, but that only relates to inside the city outside it there is no such protection, and to get rid of competition the people there are known to use countless underhanded tactics.

But I do think we should be fine. With the Zterytavises providing us safe transport, and an exclusive product known as the Basileia crystals, we should be able to get a foothold.

Though after that how we use our money to break into other markets, will be the biggest issue of them all, we would need to not only send warriors, but people who know the market.”

“Elliot, would you be able to head up that office?”

“I don’t think so. I am a very familiar face, and while I may have connections, I also have lots of enemies who if they knew I was somehow connected to the Basileia crystals would intentionally get in the way of our work and then we would be in a lot of trouble, so it would be best to get someone else to do it.”

“Since this applies to all of Lady Dush's staff as well, Who am I supposed to pick then?" I say with silver hair.

Seeing someone pop into my head, I say, “Bella would be a good choice.”

“Who?” Maple asks.

Cyrus says, “S-S-S-She was w-w-w-with me, and W-W-W-Willow in Ba-a-a-asileia.”

Squeezing Suzuka tighter, Maple quietly mutters under her breath, “A woman I don’t know.”

It seems like you have problems in the future Willow.

“To my knowledge, she trained to be a scholar at Cordum and is the only one outside of me, Avram, Elia, and all of Dushes staff, who can speak all three songs. And I am sure she would like the role, so Elliot can you run her through a few things?”

“I will get on it after this.”

“When we get everything ready, our shop in Cordum will be set up immediately, so that should help us with the resource issue.”

Taking a deep breath in and out, I ask, “Pine what would you say the people of Aplos think of me.”

She pauses for a minute out of surprise for my question, then says, “They respect your power, mind, and heart. Your showcasing of these attributes has made them come from fearing you to loving you.

But Orb you’re a very kind person, but I also think that does scare the people of Aplos. Because to some of them, they feel like you would always pick what’s good for everybody instead of what’s good for them.”

Avram says, “A very selfish thought process, but since the people of this newly found country don’t see themselves as one people, it will simply be an organic thought process that would pop up to defend themselves.”

“I have been spending far more time helping people outside of Aplos since I have returned. I will simply have to pay more attention to them, and maybe break a few bones. This should get everything to start working better.”

Maple then sits up and says, “Can I ask a favour?”

“Go ahead.”

“Would I be able to handle the issues regarding Aplos?”

“Maple, this is quite a time-sensitive issue, something needs to be done fast.”

“I understand that, but at the end of the day I am the village chief and I need to do something about this everyone else can’t be doing their jobs and I am just here sitting down. So let me do this or you will be exiled.”

I sigh, and then say, “Ok. But there will need to be a change in their behaviour soon.”

Cheerfully, Maple says, “Ok!” And then rushes out of the room.

Seeing her run out, I clap my hands and say, “That will be all for today.”

As everyone leaves, Pine stops me and says, “Do you think she will be fine?”

She looks concerned, so I smile saying, “You look so adorable when you're worried.”

Grabbing my face, she says, “Don’t talk to me like I am a child!”

“Sorry!”

Letting go of me, she says, “Her mother getting pregnant with her during the plague is the main reason she didn’t pull through, and her saving Cole led to her father's death, so I am scared that she who was so opposed to the idea of becoming the village chief is now doing it out of some sense of responsibility.”

With white hair, I say, “I left my home and went out to the world to find something, I guess you could say my motives were selfish. But Maple the reason she wanted to leave was to bring things back to share the wonders she would experience. Maple has always loved you guys, and now she wants to simply show it more.”

“I guess you're right to some respect. But still, help her and watch her, she is simply way too hard-headed to function by herself.”

“I will, I will.”

Avram patting me on my back says, “If you two are done now, I have something I want to show you Orb.”

“Ok then?” I say with brown hair

-Break-

As I walk with Avram towards, where we keep all of the supplies and the Zterytavis, he says, “And that’s why Ai Kumo hates Captivant.”

With Coral hair, I say, “I understand why she hates Captivant now, that’s just awful.”

“Don’t be too disgusted, if you knew his full history with women you wouldn’t be able to even stand near him without feeling like you need to bathe.”

“Oh actually I know about that, there is Coral Ritana, Laura Bora, Emi Noko, Kate Everbloom, Koko Unitos, and Sandra Borenheight.” Pausing for a moment, I say, “ISN’T THAT SANDRA FULL NAME, I CAN’T BELIEVE SHE FEEL FOR HIM AS WELL.”

“Captivant really named all of the women to you.”

With pure and innocent eyes, Orb turns to Avram and says, “Of course, Captivant told me about all his escapades both pure and filthy, with the exception of Ai.”

“Now that I think about it being raised by that man without his wife to reign him in would obviously make one crazy, I can see why you talk to yourself.”

With bright blue hair, Orb says, “How do you know about that!!!!!!!?” While attacking Avram.

Suddenly a scream rings throughout the area, one that came from a child.

Hearing this both Avram, and Orb run towards the source of the scream, and when they arrive they come across a horrible sight.

In the distance is a group of members from Aplos, and on the floor is a child covering his face which has just recently been hit.

Hovering over that child is Iancu, holding something in his left hand and clenching his fist in his right hand.

 

Name: Orb Rian

Age: 15

Birthday: Capricorn 28th

Hair: His hair is short and spiky like icicles, and is made up of two primary colours.

Primary: White (standard), Red (anger), Green (excitement), Yellow (fear), Brown (nervousness), Grey (confusion), Cream (hunger)

Lime (lying), Orange (discomfort), Black (worry), Pink (happiness)

Purple (?) Gold (arrogance) Blue (embarrassed) Coral (Disgust) Maroon (jealousy) Silver (Thinking)

Secondary: Silver.

Eyes: Blue (left) and Gold (Right)

Height: 168 cm

Description: A young boy who loves everything he sees. He is clever and hopeful, whenever he sees someone in need, he will help them. He also tends to be quite feminine looking which bothers him.

Legacy: Sétanta.

0