Arc 10.12: An adventure through the hidden land part 1
4 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at me as we fall, Iancu says, “Why did you think that was a smart idea?”

“You told me!”

“Not to do it when we were still standing on the ice, you idiot!”

Suzuka beside us, says, “WEEEEEEEEE!”

Iancu then activates his legacy which causes us to slow down. “I decrease the strength of the gravity around us, so we can float mid-air.”

Suzuka under her breath, says, “Always ruining the fun!”

“WOULD YOU RATHER I LET YOU FALL!”

“Iancu calm down, please.”

“Hehe,” Suzuka says under her breath.

I knock her against her head, and say, “You need to quiet down as well.”

As I am talking to Suzuka, a large shadow goes over us. Looking at it, I see a giant mothlike wonderbeast at least 30 m, with fur that looks like a silver cloud.

Staring at it, I say, “Iancu make any sudden movements.”

“No way I can move when I am looking at something like this.”

Suddenly in my arm, Suzuka starts to scream, and says, “NO BUGS!”

She moves and freaks out trying to break the grip I have around her, she is completely hysterical. “Suzuka please keep it together,” I say, but it has no effect on her because fear has taken hold of her.

The moth wonderbeast then growls at us and starts to charge.

“Iancu release your legacy right now!”

“R-Right,” Iancu says still scared.

As we all fall down.

Realizing that we are falling to our death, Iancu says, “What the hell are we supposed to do now?”

“I need you to accelerate our fall, and then make us enter into zero gravity before we land.”

“Are you insane, there is no way I will be able to accurately sense when to use my legacy falling at such speeds, we will hit the ground before I even know what to do.”

As the moth chases us during our descent, which causes Suzuka to scream and freak out more.

So I say, “I will use my enhanced senses to gauge the fall, and I will pinch you when it is time to activate your legacy.”

“That won’t work, if I mess up we will all die.”

Looking directly at him, I say, “You won’t, I have full faith in your abilities, so please trust in me as well.”

Iancu looks conflicted, but then says, “Ok then.”

Iancu using his legacy speeds up our descent, so the moth that was mere moments away from us is now much further away from all of us.

All three of them are decent at such incredible speeds that they can’t even keep their eyes open.

Φ I don’t feel good about this. Doing reckless things and letting myself get hurt is one thing, but allowing Orb and the annoying one to die because of me is too much.

I made a mistake in Elpída, and due to that Morrigan got taken away. I can’t fail, I can’t fail, I can’t fail! Feeling a slight irritation against my skin I start to freak out as I wonder whether or not Orb signalled me.

Was that a signal or merely the win against my skin? I don’t know, but if I use my legacy too early the moth will catch up to us, what do I do? What do I do? What do I do?

Suddenly, Orb brings my head close to his, and says, “It will be ok Iancu, just believe in me.”

All the pressure around me fades, and I say, “Yeah!”

Φ As we all quickly approach the ground at high speed, I pinch Iancu creating a bit of ice, and flawlessly he activates his legacy and brings us to zero gravity right before we hit the ground.

Then he release it causing all three of us to land on the ground. Regaining my bearings, I say, “Good job Iancu,” While smiling.

Looking away, he says, “Whatever, I was just trying not to die.”

“Aww don’t be like th-.”

Before I can finish speaking Suzuka rubs into me and wraps her body against my face while shaking. With a terrified voice, she says, “No more creepy crawlies.”

Rubbing her while she is on my head, I say, “There, there, it will be ok.”

Iancu then says, “What are we supposed to do now?”

Bringing Suzuka off my head into my arms, I say, “With Advent, I could probably create enough ice to make us reach that hole over up there but we have some issues.”

“Which are?”

“First, I have already used Advent today, so it will be a minimum of 24 hours till I have enough strength to use it again. If I was stronger physically I would be able to use it much sooner, but my body is still recovering from

the giant moth would destroy any ice pillar I make, so we need to kill it, and due to my sense of smell I am sure I can locate something with such a unique musk.”

Suzuka in my arms, says, “Please don’t bring me towards such a thing!”

Rubbing her head, I say, “Instead of being fearful of the bug, wouldn’t it feel better to rip it to shreds piece by piece and then bathe in its blood.”

Suzuka's face becomes one of delight, then one of disgust, as the idea of fighting battles with the disgust she feels for insects inside of her. But after a little bit, she fearfully says, “OK.”

Iancu says, “Are you sure you want to leave here so soon? This whole place might tell us something about where you are from.”

“Thank you for the thought, but I can’t do something so dangerous now. After I get you guys back, I might come and explore one day, but for now, it is better to leave before and prepare to come back.”

“I see.”

“Now we should get moving shouldn’t we,” I say full of vigour.

-Break-

Together the three walk through the lands. Filled with grass so green one would think they were in heaven, with countless different coloured flowers that make a rainbow look plain

Fruits whose shapes remind them of countless objects found in the outside world, and wind that blows the heavenly scent of their surrounds through their noses.

Suzuka who never has time to be around others joyfully runs through these fields with a green-haired Orb chasing behind her, and even though he doesn’t want to show it, Iancu smiles in excitement over this.

Under his breath, he mutters, “I could never see something like this up in Elpída.”

Orb moving over to Iancu, puts him on his shoulders and says, “They get a look from up above.”

Iancu feels like saying something to him, but he lets it go as the view is something he likes.

Suzuka mocking Orb says, “Even on your shoulder I doubt he could see anything.”

Orb enraged, says, “DID YOU JUST CALL ME SHORT!”

With a giant smile on her face, she says, “I would never say that, the mirrors already tell you that enough.”

“I WILL EAT YOU!” Orb says chasing her with me on his shoulders.

“COME AND TRY,” Suzuka says laughing manically.

However, as the three move through the endless landscape, it is not all peaceful.

Rampaging through the land, is a giant watermelon, with three giant eyes and two thick shorts. Attach to the top of it is long black strands that almost make it look like the giant watermelon has hair.

These giant black hair-like strands, start to attack everything around them and when they hit anything they cut it to pieces. After this happens the eyes on the watermelon turn into eyes, and it starts to devour whatever is in its path.

The three crouth behind a three, and devise a plan to defeat it and then after a few seconds Orb whispers, “Go.”

Suzuka jumps out from her hiding space and faces the watermelon. It throws its black strands at her to cut her up, but she moulds her tails into her hands and then using them she gently guides all the attacks away from her body.

She doesn’t take the force head-on but just redirects it away from herself, though she only currently has five tails, and the watermelon has numerous strands so slowly but surely she is being overwhelmed.

As the watermelon starts to move all of its strands to solely focus on her, Orb uses that moment to move towards the body using snowboost, and then he freezes its body.

Then Iancu says, “Gravity, times ten.” And it gets crushed to pieces.

As it breaks into pieces the delicious juice in it spurts onto the three bodies, and the aroma is so enticing that they all look at each other and come to the same idea.

They eat the body of the giant monster they have just bested, and as they do they all say, “DELICIOUS!”

Soon though all three of them fall to the floor, and Suzuka says, “I think it might be poisonous.”

But then Orb says, “I knew this was too delicious, it seems equivalent exchange is still a thing here.”

Iancu with the passionate voice of a kind says, “BUT ARE WE GOING TO LET THAT STOP US!”

Both Orb and Suzuka reply, “NO!”

“THEN EAT!”

All three of them devour the rest of the watermelon, and then they all get up and start to walk away.

As they move filled with poison that makes every single part of their bodies ache in pain, they all only have one thought in their head; IT WAS DELICIOUS!

Orb has high poison resistance due to his regeneration, and unique constitution.

Iancu has higher physical capabilities due to being a nightmare, and one that can heal itself at that.

Suzuka during her early years as a hiruko(Cursed child) was only fed horrible food till Shinko arrived, so to survive she had to eat all of the strange foods she could find and built up poison resistance.

They continue on and eventually, they end up in a field of giant orange flowers, that have clovers growing out of them. As they walk through it Orb says, “Just up ahead through this field.”

While the giant flowers dance around us, Iancu says, “I can’t wait to be out of this field filled with these annoying flowers.”

Suddenly the giant flowers shoot pollen in his face, and he says, “Come on!” and tries to attack them, but they just dodge and Wack him instead.

Suzuka says, “It isn’t all that bad, these giant sunflowers have pretty gems embedded in them.”

“Oh course an annoyance would find other annoying things pretty,” Iancu says.

“WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT ME!”

As Suzuka screams, the flowers shoot pollen in Suzuka’s and Iancu’s face.

Holding Suzuka so she doesn’t attack Iancu, I look through the flowers, and say, “It is here.”

In the middle of the field of flowers the giant mothlike wonderbeast, simply lays there sleeping.

Whispering, I say with an evil smile, “This is perfect, now we can attack it while it sleeps and kill it.” Completely zoning out, I start to formulate a plan for an attack against the monster.

“There really is something wrong with you,” Suzuka says while making a disappointed expression.

Iancu then whispers, “Funny coming from you.”

“You know you need to stop talking or I am going to do it for you.”

“Says the girl who was losing to me in a one-on-one.”

“It seems your brain has started to rot because I was winning our fight!”

“Your delusion has been getting out of hand because there are no wounds on my body.”

“Because you heal faster!”

“Excuses, excuses!”

Suzuka and Iancu then throw punches at each other faces sending them both flying back, into the flowers. And as the flowers get hit, they start to instantly wither.

And then smelling something, I look forward and see that the giant moth is right in front of me. It seems that their fighting and the flowers withering work it up.

As its head is mere inches away from me, I kiss it and say, “You're looking stunning today.” Hoping my compliment puts you in a good mood.

It then screams and attacks us.

0