Arc 10.14: An adventure through the hidden land part 3
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-At the same time that Suzuka was fighting-

Φ My legacy allows me to affect any and all forces. Action force, reaction force, Friction, air resistance, electromagnetic, gravitational, etc, I can increase and decrease these forces acting on myself or others at my will, and to a certain extent control them.

Moving at incredible speed, the Rhinoceros beetle runs around me, and from its hammer lightning gets thrown directly to me, but I simply put up my hand and decrease the electromagnetic force to zero.

Then using my legacy I increase the air resistance, slowing him down. Increasing the action force I lunge towards him and with my legacy, I punch him while saying, “Gravity fist.”

But his skin is so thick that I don’t even make a dent, and before I can move back, he grabs me and holds me. “Speed is simply a bonus for me, my true strength lies in my body!”

He then swings his hammer directly at my chest, so I cross both of my arms with my legacy active to defend myself.

Action force is the force an object sends to you, and reaction force is the equal and opposite force that the object reflects back on the object that sent the force.

If I reduce the action force I take less damage from his blow, and if I increase the reaction at the same time, he takes more blowback for the attack.

Doing this I am sent backwards a little while his right arm which swung the hammer flies back as it took more recoil than expected, in that moment I lunge forward, and try to attack him again.

But he speeds away before I can hit him and from my back, I am struck with the hammer.

As I recoil, he speeds forward and hits me again, and again while saying, “The moment you blocked my attack, it became easier to run again. So you can only mess with a few things at a time.”

Using my legacy, I increase the air resistance to slow him down, but then from his hammer lightning shoots out again, so I use my legacy to decrease its power.

But as I do he throws his hammer which sends me back, and then he says, “Out of my physical strength, speed, and lightning you can only mess with two at a time, so two is your limit.”

With incredible speed, he picks up his hammer and then smacks me with a devastating blow that breaks my left arm and knocks me all the way to the Aisachta’s dead body.

I lay again the Aisachta’s body drifting in and out of consciousness. The rhinoceros beetle then says, “If you're no good guess I will go and kill that boy.”

As he says that I look at Orb completely defenceless on the ground and pull myself up towards the Aisachta’s body, then with my mouth I bite into it, and as I drink its blood, I replay the memories of my father.

-During their stay in Jedidiah-

Sitting on a chair, my father says, “Iancu our specific curse grants us two abilities and one detriment. The detriment is when outside in the sun we will always feel a certain amount of pain, which was never a problem in Elpída but you have felt it since we have left.

But the benefits we have are worth the risk. First, when we drink another blood our bodies get stronger and sharper in all respects while healing itself from any wounds it has taken.

-Present day-

As I continue to drink the blood of the Aisachta my body heals from the injuries it has received completely, so I scream, “I AM NOT  DONE YET!”

Looking over at me, the rhinoceros beetle says, “So there is still some fight left in that one, then I will finish you off first!”

While he comes from me I remember the other words my father spoke.

“Second Iancu, any blood that comes in contact with yours is completely under your control.”

From the body of the Aisachta, all of its blood bursts out of my right arm and forms into a jagged blood blade, then I activate my legacy on the arm which affects even the blood blade, and I say, “Come.”

As he speeds around me, I focus my eyes and ears to take in everything around me.

During my first time trying this out, my father said, “Iancu our cells absorb body to increase their strength, so focus the blood you have taken into where you want to be strength and if you do, you will never be bothered by your lack of spirit energy.”

I move as much blood as possible to both my eyes and ears, and then say, “Gravity times 10.” And around my blood blade, I can feel the weight increase.

Then from 32 degrees northwest, the rhinoceros beetle comes at me with his hammer infused with lightning, and as he does I move my blade and cut through both his armour and his hammer.

As he falls on the floor from his wounds, I run over to Orb, with Suzuka arriving at the same time.

Reaching Orb, I say, “He looks even worse than in Jedidah!”

Suzuka completely erratic, says, “We need to find him a doctor.”

“Where, are we supposed to find someone like that.”

“I don’t know just think of something, aren’t you always talking about how smart you are!”

“THAT DOESN’T MEAN I CAN JUST PULL ANSWERS OUT OF MY ASS!”

Over Orb’s body, the two of them start to get into one of their usual arguments, but Orb stretches out his arms and pats both of them on the head, then says with a weak voice, “Please get along.”

Seeing him they both calm down, and Suzuka says, “Sorry, but if we don’t do something soon Orb could be in serious trouble, and I don’t want to lose anyone else.”

Noticing the pain she is in, to comfort her, I say, “With all he goes through I am sure only the demon god himself could kill him, right now we just need to look around to see if we can find anyplace near where we could take him.”

I then hear, the rhinoceros beetle scream, “Serves you right, you dirty, Tuatha Dé Danann.”

Confused, I say, “We aren’t whatever that is we are humans!”

Both of the beetles sit up and say, “WHAT!”

Getting closer to us, the stag says, “You guys are really humans?”

The rhinoceros beetle says, “Don’t lie to us she has a tail and you have fangs!”

Filled with impatience and rage Suzuka says, “My tails are part of my legacy and his fangs are from chewing on too many bones, now leave us alone and allow us to tend to ORB!”

Both the beetles collapse on the ground in disbelief, and I say, “Hey don’t go spreading misinformation about me.”

Suzuka clicks her tongue at me, and says, “Does it really matter I just need them to go away.”

“You’re right but still.”

The rhinoceros beetle slams its head into the ground and says, “We have made a huge mistake so let me and my brother repay you, by taking that boy to a doctor.”

“You know one?”

“The best that you would find anywhere in Nialathrú the land of the beasts.”

Me and Suzuka look at each other and then smile, after that, I say, “Please take us there.”

“Ok get on our backs!”

-Break-

Location: Orb’s mansion

Φ As Maple runs around in a panic looking for Iancu and Orb, I say, “Honey, I think you're making a big mess.”

She then turns around and growls at me like a beast, so I run up and look her dead in the eye, then say, “Please do that again, I need to hear that a second time in my life.”

Calming down, she says, “Stop being weird!”

“How can I help it when you do something so seductive, this is like when you meowed when we were in be-.”

Embarrassed Maple says, “STOPPPPP! If someone hears my heart will explode.”

Sighing she looks at me and says, “Acting weirdly to calm me down isn’t nice I don’t like being manipulated.”

Confused, I say, “Manipulated? I was just speaking my mind.”

Maple freezes for a moment, then headbutts me in the middle of my rips and walks away, saying, “Pervert.”

On the floor with my hand on my chest, I say, “That doesn’t mean I am not happy you calmed down as well.”

“LEAVE ME ALONE!” Maple screams as she heads upstairs.

Following her, I say, “Please don’t be mad.”

But she speeds walks away while puffing up her face. This continues, until she randomly stops in front of the bathroom, and says, “Willow, it is missing.”

Looking past her, I see that the toilet is in fact gone, and there is a hole where it used to be, so I say, “Maple, I know how you are currently feeling, but maybe we should wait before going in hea-.”

Ignoring me, with her bow, Maple jumps through the hole. Sighing, I say, “I married her knowing she was like this, can’t complain then. I feel like this is going to go bad.”

I run forward and jump down the hole with her.

-Another foolish decision later-

As me and Maple fall through the second hole she jumped through, I scream, “WHY DIDN’T YOU JUST WAIT!”

“I thought it was some sort of illusion!”

“WHY, HOW DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE.”

“DON’T SCREAM AT YOUR WIFE YOU EVIL HUSBAND!”

“I WILL SCREAM AT ANYONE WHO PUTS MY WIFE’S LIFE IN DANGER EVEN IF IT IS MY WIFE!”

Feeling the wind pressure, I grab Maple and raise her body over mine. At the very least if I take some of the damage of this fall she could maybe live.

As we fall we suddenly come to a stop, and I look at Maple and say, “Oh yeah your legacy allows you to slow and speed things up.”

Maple then blushing says, “You were going to die for me?”

Seeing her face, I layer on kisses, which causes her grip on me to tighten and she says, “If you do that I won’t be able to hold you and you’ll fall.”

“So either I love my wife or die, there is only one option to choose.”

As I continue to layer on kisses she says, “WILLOW!”

-One sickening fall later-

With lumps all over my face, I say, “Maple I am sorry,” And try to hug her.

But she knocks away my arm, and says, “No more touching until we find Orb.”

“But-.”

“So you are not sorry?” She says with a violent expression.

Bowing my head, I say,” Agreed.”

“Good now what are we going to do.”

After so brazenly telling me what to do, she so shamelessly asks me for help; how adorable.

Getting up, I point at a pile of snow, and say, “Around the whole where we fell there was some ice, and if we look here which is directly under it we see some snow, which is quite out of place if we look at everything around here.”

Maple understanding what I am saying says, “Orb turned the ice covering that hole into snow and fell through. So I am not an idiot!”

So she is still feeling embarrassed by jumping through the hole. “If Iancu was with him they would be able to do that zero gravity thing, and float so they could be around here somewhere.”

Getting up, Maple says, “We are from a village of hunters, so let’s go find our two missing people.”

Clapping my hands, I say, “I agree!”

Together with my lovely wife, we walk into the distance determined to find Orb and Iancu.

 

Name: Aisachta (Snowdream)

Height: 30m

Type: Wonderbeast, Herbivore

Description: A giant moth-like wonderbeast, with fur that looks like a silver cloud. Its face is purple and looks similar to that of a bunny, which often distracts its prey. It is capable of manipulating the fur on its body to attack any who it sees, and its fur is laced with a powerful drug that allows it to better hunt its prey.

Fact: Throughout time religious leaders of all kinds have used their fur to in their words “See god.” Due to this the Snowdream grew to be violent against others, but are rather friendly to those they like.

0