Arc 10.16: Greatest in all creation
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maple using her bow, shoots a volley of arrows but with the spear in he knocks them away, and says, “Your arrows can only affect the speed of things they touch, so my weapon isn’t affected.”

I grab the sword, and one other thing from the body of the woman beneath me, and then run forward.

Not wasting any time Maple shoots me in the back to increase my speed, then I run towards the man with spirit energy infused into my blade, then with one arm, he uses his spear to clash with me.

We clash again and again, with Maple shooting arrows to support me as I fight him up close and personal. His spear is weird, it feels like every time we clash a vibration moves through my body which throws me off focus.

Though that is simply a plus to his already superb skill with a spear, I would even say from that alone he is as strong as Sequoia

Still, we won’t be outdone. Using my sword I strike the ground and pull up some of the earth beneath toward him. He swats it away with his sword, and as he does I step back and scream, “Maple!”

Maple shoots an arrow directly at him with such high speed that it explodes on contact.

From the dust of the explosion, something is shot at me which almost hits my leg. More coming my way, so I jump backwards to dodge them, then as the dust fully clears I see that from his left arm is a wide, black, fingernail-shaped blade.

But the blade isn’t a separate item, it looks like it is coming out of his arm. Suddenly it makes sense, and I say, “You’re some kind of fusion of a bee and a human.”

“Correct, but why do you act like that is strange, I thought demons knew far more than us beastkin?”

“Because we are humans!”

He pauses for a moment, and then says, “Don’t be stupid, everything in the outside world froze. Humans are extinct, so you must be a demon in disguise.”

“I am telling the truth look at us.”

“Demons have the power to look like humans, so that is utterly inconclusive.”

Maple says, “This is pointlessly we just have to make him listen,” And shoots another high-speed arrow.”

But the blade which I believe to be some sort of stinger, shoots out from his arm and intercepts the arrow, and he then says, “You really are annoying so I am going to kill you first.”

He moves towards Maple, but I run in front of him and say, “You won’t touch my wife as long at I am alive.”

We then go back to our series of clashes with him gaining ground on me and dodging Maple's arrows.

As he dodges another arrow, he says, “Her accuracy is quite good, she has good vision and adaptability, she is better than most of our archery. It is a shame that her husband, instead of supporting you offensively she is simply making it hard to deal a killing blow.”

Taking a step back, I say, “You talk a lot for someone who still can’t beat me.”

“I said she made it hard, not impossible.”

He steps back, then puts both of his hands on his spear, and attacks. His power and accuracy increased by leaps and bounds, before it felt as if a slip-up would cause me to take a few cuts but now it feels like a single slip-up means death.

Feeling how desperate my situation is I strike back, and swing my sword towards his neck, but he drops down and sweeps my legs and as I fall down he rises and with his spear tries to cut my face.

But I move my body just out of the way enough for it to cut through my cheek.

Φ Willow’s cheek has a cut so deep on his cheek that I can see his teeth. Enraged by this, I shoot volleys of arrows towards him all at the same time, and then I speed up my body and move around to shoot him from different directions.

He knocks away some of the arrows but is very visible struggling to deal with the faster ones. I then shoot explosives one’s between him and Willow to put some distance between the both of them.

Using the stinger on his arm he shoots at me which takes off some of the arrows, and then he starts to run at me using the moments of relief the stingers have given him.

If he gets up close and personal with me, I lose. So I won’t allow that.

Using my arrows I stop them in mid-air to create footing, and go up those arrows, and as I move higher doing so I resume the motion of the bottom arrows stopping anyone from following me.

And now in the sky, I barrage arrows down on him, with him helpless to do anything but block. He is struggling to deflect all my arrows, and when he gets tired enough I will hit him with a slowing arrow and finish this battle.

Suddenly he screams, and then from over to my side I see a bright light shining. Over there I see the Tiritrex that looks like a tree, its leaves are shining and from its mouth is a white light.

Noticing what is about to happen, I try to dodge away, but I am too late because it shoots a bright white ball towards me that explodes on impact. This blows away all my arrows and causes me to fall towards the ground, and before I hit the ground, I am stabbed in the back by the man's stinger.

I can feel anything around the area I was hit.

He throws me to the ground, then with his stinger he strikes me repeatedly making it so that I can’t feel many areas around my body, and then he throws me on the ground.

“You cheated.”

“At what point did I say, I would fight you guys just by myself? But enough talk I need to make you pay for the injuries you have done to my men, and I can assure you it won’t be quick.”

He then stabs me in one of the areas where I can feel which causes me to scream. But that doesn’t make him stop, all it does it make him do it again.

Φ I haven’t always been strong, I only became a warrior at the start of last year, and that was mostly due to my knowledge of the wonderbeasts not my skills as a combatant.

So I was scared when everything got crazy because I didn’t know if I had enough power to protect what was dear to me, I didn’t want to lose family again, however, Orb’s legacy had shown such power and knowing that Maple had such power I was comforted.

But then Orb returned from his journey, and hearing the struggles he had and how it hurt him all my worries returned. There are monsters in the world who can bring legacy holders to the brink of death many times over.

Knowing this my weakness caused me untold amounts of despair, because an image kept flashing in my mind, the thought of everyone I love dead, the thought of Maple dead, and I cursed myself for being weak enough to allow this to happen.

Getting up I grab my sword and run toward the man. I swing it and we clash, then I say, “GET AWAY FROM HER!!!!!”

But he easily parries my sword, and then says, “Without her enhancing your speed, you're nothing.”

“DO YOU THINK I CARE.”

I continue to clash with him and he swats me away. In terms of power, speed, and technique, I can’t keep up with him but if there is something I am good at it is understanding patterns.

Φ As I clash with the boy, I knock him back and say, “You would struggle to beat even one of my men over there in a fair fight, so the idea that you could even harm me is in enough itself hilarious.”

Getting up, he says, “Keep talking, because I am ripping out your tongue when we finish this battle.” He dashes towards me.

Tired of this farce I grip my spear with both hands, then thrust it at him saying, “Die.”

But to my utter disbelief, he barriers my trust with one hand on his sword. This is impossible, the only way such a thing could occur is if he knew exactly where my spear would go. This boy guessed where I would strike based on my former moves, he read me perfectly.

Then with his other hand, he throws something at me; it is the green ball of the Granear that allows are archers to explode their arrows.

Moving my left arm of the spear, I use the stinger to cover my face as it explodes right in my face.

Φ The first thing Pine ever said to us in class was, “Never get cocky, because there is no one who is easier prey than an hunter who is relaxed.”

I move to his right as the explosion goes off, and then I swing my sword directly at his neck, going in for a killing blow. But as I do my sword breaks in half as a red flash pierces into my body.

Looking at him I see that the blade of his spears is bright red and that his face is scared. But before I can do anything he kicks me backwards and then shoots both my legs with his stinger.

As I lie on the ground defeated and immobile, he says, “How dare you do such a thing to me. If you think there is even a chance you might get off easy for this you are sorely mistaken, now watch as I carve up your wife.”

While he slowly walks over to Maple, I scream, “STOP, PLEASE DON’T, I WILL DO ANYTHING!”

“Silence you demons, now suffer,” he says as he is about to stab Maple again.

Out of nowhere a flash appears and knocks his spear away. Then moments later I see a man holding Maple in front of me.

He is wearing clothes I am unfamiliar with(Like a musketeer), also, his body is similar to that of a scorpion, but the most notable thing is that he also has two hair and eye colours, he is a legacy.

“Don’t get in my way you dumb oaf, do you even know what you are doing!” The bee human shouts.

“Obviously you fool, I am protecting these foolish ones!”

Confused, I say, “Why would you do this.”

He suddenly raises his hand to the sky, and in that same moment, light rains down from the heavens and drops upon him. I am very confused at the sight of this because it is like an intense singular light source completely converses him.

Still, within this light, he says, “Because in all of creation, I am the lone one god has chosen who is the greatest in all creation, and nothing should have to die before it gets the chance to meet me.”

Are you serious? That is what I think with a dumbfounded face.

“Dumnorix, do you really think I am going to let those two demons go.”

“Of course you are, because now that I have decided to protect them a lesser person like you can’t do anything about it.”

Enraged, the bee dashes towards him going in for a kill.

Dumnorix draws his white blade which looks like a needle, and then moments later the blade turns bright red, and he says, “Red branch battle arts; Starflower.”

In that moment, he moves forward and strikes his opponent seven times in a flash, and as he falls to the ground he says, “Dumnorix, you bastard.”

“Shh, it’s bedtime now old man.”

“Are you really going to let those demons rampage!?”

“You really are stagnant Ganthrú.” Walking over to us, he sits in front of me, and points his blade towards his neck, “I have no spirit energy around me, and my body is perfectly relaxed.”

Grabbing my hand, he puts it against the blade, and says, “All you have to do is push it in and I die, if you really are a demon I won’t be able to react in time.”

As my hand holds the sword I feel rage, if I kill this man I will be able to seek revenge on the man who harmed Maple. This feeling fills my mind and soul, but my better sense gets a hold of  me so I let it go and say, “We are no demons.”

Smiling, he gets up and turns around, then says, “I expected as much.”

Ganthrú says, “Do you really think that will be enough to convince me?”

“Well it doesn’t matter what you think especially when I have this,” Dumnorix says as he holds up a piece of paper.

“Isn’t that-.”

“It is an order from the grand druid, he said that all of those who fell from the skies must come to him, along with all the heads of the red branch families!”

As Ganthrú looks shocked, I say, “Please help my wife!”

Dumnorix says, “Don’t worry I will tend to her now.”

As he tends to her, I simply look on and see her wounds caused by my failure.

0