Arc 10.20: Fear and Beauty
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With my back against Suzuka, I say, “Where is he?”

“He is moving around us so fast, that it wouldn’t even matter if we could tell.”

“Then what are we supposed to do?”

“Simply strike against him when he attacks, but that is probably too hard for someone weak like you.”

Angered, I say, “We will see about that! And when this fight is over I will crush you next.”

“Bring it on!”

Eventually, he attacks Suzuka, and she quickly moves to strike him back. But after she launches her counterattack she simply stands there.

“What are you doing?”

She immediately covers herself in all her tails and starts to bounce around the room, saying, “No creepy crawlies!”

With both her and the third person now moving around the room randomly, I say, “Enough!” Then activating my legacy increases the gravity of everything in the room pinning everything down, this crushes some of the items in the room including all of the put-out candles.

Moving over to the window, I open the curtain and say, “Now let me look at your face!”

As the moonlight hits the third person, I see another beastkin one who looks like an ant, and outside of the shape of its body it doesn’t look human at all.

The ant says, “Let me go, you scoundrel.” His voice is that of a child.

Sighing, I turn off my legacy, and say, “Suzuka it isn’t a bug but a beastkin.”

Stopping her freak out, she says, “Oh.” Then unwrapping her tails she jumps to her feet, and says, “I KNEW THAT ALL ALONG!”

“Yeah right.”

“I did!” She says trying to convince me.

With a stick in hand, the bug says, “Stop talking you scoundrels, and leave this place at once.”

“We were given permission to be here?”

“That doesn’t matter leave this place at once, or I will strike you down.”

“I doubt you could do that little boy, a random bug is never going to make me do anything.”

“I am not a random bug, I am the one who strikes terror into the hearts of all of the Tuatha Dé Dannan, I am a reincarnation of the warrior of light, Lu-.”

Suzuka says, “His name is Dillion, he is the younger brother of Abbán.”

“HOW DID YOU KNOW WHAT,” Dillio says shocked.

Giving her a smile, I say, “Your curse really is convenient, keep going let’s learn all we can.”

Excited by this, she says, “He gets annoyed when people are always coming to his house to get fixed up and brother his brother.”

“So you love your brother.”

“Shut up! I just want him to rest.”

“He is also known to throw away the food his brother cooks because it tastes horrible but doesn’t want to tell his brother to preserve his feelings. He also sometimes calls his teacher's mother, or father which causes him great deals of embarrassment.”

The boy screams in embarrassment while rolling on the floor, and says, “Kill me, Kill me now!”

Mocking him, I say, “Aww how cute, you want to call me daddy as well.”

Jumping at me, he tries to attack me so I put my hand against his head stomping him from reaching me, then facing Suzuka, I say,“Keep going,” With a smile.

Even more fired up than usual, Suzuka says, “He doesn’t like going outside and playing with others but still does because there is a girl he likes, but he is scared that because of how he looks the girl will never look his way so he has been trying to better himself but is still failing.”

Suddenly, the boy falls to the ground and starts to cry, it seems that instead of the anger that he has been throwing at us all that is left is pure sadness, at the fact that we have just exposed the boy's deepest secret, for a child this must be the equivalent of his world coming to an end.

Crying curled up in a ball, he says, “BIG BROTHER COME SAVE ME FROM THESE MONSTERS!”

An image plays in my head as he cries, the image of the brother walking in seeing this then calling all of the beastkin in that overpopulated area over here to viciously attack us. Then moments later Orb's body will rot and he will succumb to his pain and die.

Looking at Suzuka, I say, “I need your hel-.”

But to my surprise, Suzuka is curled up in a ball saying, “Monster, monster, I am a monster aren’t eye, I should have been executed back on Seirei.”

She is going to be no help. Walking closer to Dillion, I say, “Now, now, don’t cry.”

But then he gets up and starts to run while saying, “BIG BROTHER!”

This is bad I need to stop him right now, but if I use force to restrain him it will just make everything look a lot worse.

As he runs towards the door, it opens and Dillion is grabbed by Orb.

“Orb,” I say surprised by his presence here.

Still crying, Dillion says, “Let go of me.”

“Your body is made up of countless different parts all distinct and different from each other yet they still all work together in harmony, it truly is beautiful just like the holder of this body.”

“Don’t lie to me, everyone thinks I am strange and look disgusting.”

“Yet despite that fear of others, you want to pass love onto a girl, and you came here to protect your brother, your soul is strong. And this body of yours was made to harness this great soul of yours, so even if you won’t I take great pride in the fact that I get to hold you even if for this brief moment.”

Dillion calms down, and hugs Orb saying, “Those two are still horrible monsters.”

“Hey!” I say annoyed.

Laughing, Orb says, “They can be mean, but both are sweeties. Suzuka recommended making a place for Iancu and all of the children from Skydust a house so they could practice their craftwork.”

Giving her the smuggest look, I can muster, I say, “Ehh, you did all that for me.”

“ORB THIS IS WHY I DIDN’T WANT YOU TO TELL HIM!”

“Iancu over there, took care of Suzuka the whole time she was unconscious in Skydust.”

Getting in front of me, with a haughty look she says, “Ehh, you did all that for me. Really did mister I hate everyone does all of that for me.”

“ORB YOU BASTARD!”

Staring directly at Dillion, Orb says, “So please don’t be scared of those two, they tried their best to help me, and I am sure they will do that with countless people in the future.”

Dillion says, “OK then.”

“Now that we have finished that I can finally examine this body of yours. How is it possible for something that looks so like an ant to function like a human? What parts of your insides are that of an ant, and what are that of a human, and how do they work?” Orb says with a perverted look just like Ai Kumo usually has, but for different reasons.

As Dillion starts to cry, Suzuka hits Orb in the face with her tail. Which causes him to collapse on the ground in a lot of pain.

Frighten, I say, “Why did you hit him so hard.”

“It was a light tap, I only meant to push him away.”

Laying on the floor in pain, Orb says, “My body was already in pain so that tap sent me over the edge,”

“Then why did you leave your bed.”

“Because I had a feeling that the both of you were fighting, so I came to stop the both of you.”

Both Suzuka and I lower our heads, and say, “Sorry.” Then with a perverted look, Orb says, “But if I happened to run into Abbán I would have used such an opportunity to examine his body.”

“Why do I feel like the second reason was more important than the first reason.”

Suzuka getting up walks over to the top of Orb and starts stepping over his body, saying, “We were worried sick about you and you decided to make us worry more because you’re a pervert.”

Grabbing her foot, orb says, “From the way I have been going I will be able to walk around fully in a few days, so it is not like I didn’t think about it. And there is nothing perverted about my interest just look at the wonderful specimen over there, those tiny arms of him can lift a hundred times their weight!”

“Really,” Suzuka says interested. Moving over to Dillion, she grabs his arms, and says, “Oh, I do feel such incredible strength from these little arms.”

“And Iancu, by studying the structure of how a body such as this can coexist, wouldn’t you be able to further improve your craft.”

“Well now that you say it, I do have questions about his form.”

As all three of us surround Dillion, we suddenly hear someone walk into the room.

Looking at the person, Orb with a smile says, “How are you doing Abbán.”

Grabbing both of mine and Orb’s faces he slams them into the ground, and then he flicks Suzuka on the forehead. “All of you bastards are going to be my next meat!”

Dillion then runs up to his brother and says, “BROTHER!”

Picking him up, he says, “Let’s get you to bed, and when I come back I will force maggots up all of their faces.”

Φ With my brother in my arms I walk through the house, and say, “Sorry for that. They won’t be here anymore.”

But Dillion says, “I don’t think they are bad people, it has been long since others have been so nice to me.”

Rubbing his head, I say, “That’s nice to hear.”

-Break-

Φ Getting up, I yawn, and as I do light hits me in the face. “How do they even get sunlight down here?”

Standing up, I say, “Well whatever, I might as well go check on Orb.”

As I leave the room, I turn my head to the left and pause, because there I see Suzuka in different clothes, they are more like the clothes everyone else down here is wearing, and they are green and pink.

Suzuka excited, says, “Abbán left us some clothes to change into, they are so pretty aren’t they.”

Φ Iancu moves really close towards me and starts to inspect my face, then he says, “I never really got a good look at your arms and legs, before but you really are dainty.”

Getting shy, I move back, and say, “Thank yo-.”

With a painful face, I say, “I really thought you really had gorilla arms and legs, but it pains me to say your skill with spirit arts is just that amazing.”

Even more embarrassed, I said, “You really think I have the strength of a gorilla.”

With a dumbfounded expression, he says, “I didn’t mean it as a compliment.” As Iancu finishes from outside a small ball flies into the room and hits him in the face.

The Dillion runs in saying, “Did I hit someone.”

-One explanation later-

Sitting down outside, Dillion says, “Using a racket, we try and swing these metal balls. The rackets are made of poorly put together straw, so if we don’t focus our spirit energy they will fall apart.”

“I see so this is some form of spirit energy training.”

Iancu says, “What is the point of a child even training their spirit energy at such a young age.”

“The early you start the better it flows, spirit energy works like poison resistance, where the longer you do it the easier it can move through your body. If a child does this during their formative years it can make it so spirit energy would be no different than breathing to them.”

Iancu makes an embarrassed expression, and as he does I get in his face, and say, “Did Mister know it all not know this? Is Mister know it all embarrassed? Is Mister know it all sad that he can’t use spirit energy.”

“How do you know that?”

“I consistently read your mind, to try and find information to blackmail you with. So I know all about you being a nightmare, and how every day you pray to god to give thanks that you are surrounded by such kind people.”

“YOU CREEPY WITCH!”

Dillion throws the metal ball right at Iancu's face, and says, “Don’t scream at girls.”

Feeling victorious, I say, “Hahahahaha.” Then turning around, I say, “Now as thanks for your loyalty I will teach you how to better control your spirit energy.”

0