THE FALL AND RISE
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The year was 3045, it was 10 years after the fall.

The fall meant the fall of mankind from the kingly position it had at the top of the ecological pyramid

They came suddenly, destroying cities after cities, the dungeons that is.

Man had decided to call them that since they acted as a prison for the monsters that lay within them.

Unfortunately this prison had no warden and from time to time a dungeon break would occur which was what led to the destruction of cities, as savage monsters of different species and sizes poured into cities destroying all in their wake.

Hot weapons did little to no damage to the monsters and so man used its most powerful weapon, the nuclear bomb.

But that just made matters worse, the monsters grew resistant to it while normal animals affected by the miasma released from the monsters evolved with the help of the radiation into savage blood thirsty beasts knowing nothing but destruction and slaughter while led on by their primal instincts. The nuclear bombs also laid ruin to whatever they touched thereby causing massive wasteland.

All hope seemed lost until 2 years after the dungeons had first appeared, the first group of awakeners were born.

They said they had awakened superpowers suddenly a year after the dungeons appeared and the government had been training them and they were finally done with their preliminary training.

They established the Awakeners Association with the help of the government, it was a body that oversaw dungeons and the awakened and assigned dungeon clearing missions.

It was after the awakened started dungeon hunting that they got in-depth knowledge of  the dungeons and they discovered how to measure how dangerous a dungeon was through mana wavelengths, the science oriented unit of the Association invented devices to give appropriate star ratings to dungeons based on how dense their mana were.

There were one stars through ten.

1 Star-Minimum Danger, 2 Star-Slightly Dangerous, 3 Star-Dangerous, 4 Star-Green Danger,5 Star-Blue Danger, 6 Star-Yellow Danger,7 Star-Red Danger, 8 Star-Fatal, 9 Star-Country Annihilation, 10 Star-Planetary Annihilation.

After the awakened cleared the Dungeons they received money, weapons and forging materials.

There were all sorts of powerful weapons in the dungeons and materials to forge powerful weapons were available options too.

So far the highest found dungeon was a 7 Star-Red Danger.

It was cleared after the Four Great Powers sacrificed  a lot of awakeners to clear that was a situation that reminded humans of the dangers of dungeons.

The Four Great Powers were; The Holy Light Empire, The Lunarian Empire, The Terratrius Empire Empire, The Dark Empire.

The Lunarian Empire was the strongest of the Four Great Powers because the first Awakeners Association was made there and the current headquarters was there.

They had the highest number of dungeon clears and awakened ones. 

The Holy Light Empire and The Dark Empire were always in skirmishes and there rumours of a war brewing.

The Four Great Powers were drawn up after the destruction of the world. 

The survivors were separated into four different regions by the Awakened for easier protection.

The Four Great Powers had a head at the helm of affairs, the most powerful awakened in their Empires.

Holy Light Empire-Priestess of Light Angela Zoe, Lunarian Empire-Goddess Selim and The Judge Arthur,  Terrarius Empire-Emperor Aegis and Dark Empire-Emperor Aegis.

The rank of Awakened were F-E-D-C-B-A-S-SS-SSS and the heads of the Empires were all SSS ranked, the Lunarian empire had Two Guardians because the Goddess was ruler while the Judge was the head of the Association.

The awakeners were supposed to protect the non-awakened while receiving benefits from the government but some let their newfound power get to their heads and used it to oppress the non-awakened. 

1