Chapter 4: Wait a moment!
308 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why are you not standing in line like others?" Taiyiang asked.

Hearing this, everyone's eyes popped out and they stared at him with their mouths agape.

 

Who is this lunatic?!

 


The same question passed through everyone's mind. Hua, too, was at a loss for words.  

 

Never in her life before has a stranger ever approached her, let alone question her like this in public. Moreover, this young man seemed like a poor rogue cultivator from the way he was dressed. 

 

Hua's brain went blank, confused on how to respond. In the meanwhile, the gate guards rushed forward and surrounded Taiyiang.

 

"Brat, how dare a mortal like you break the line?"

 

"Who the hell do you think you are?" The aura of the body strengthening realm experts bursts forth from their bodies, blasting some nearby cultivators away and causing their faces to go pale. 

 

Although these guards couldn't even compare to ordinary disciples of the inner sect, they were more than strong enough to deal with most rogue cultivators who didn't come from a good background. 

 

However, it was clear to anyone with a brain that these guards were trying to earn the favor of Lady Hua by bullying the weak.  

 

"Is breaking the queue against the rules?" Undeterred by their fierce stance, Taiyiang calmly questioned.

 

 

The two guards looked at each in confusion before one of them responded, "Yes! According to the rules laid down by the Immortal Phoenix Sect, breaking the queue is against the law."

 

While everyone was trying to discern the meaning behind his actions, Taiyiang took a step forward, "Then, doesn't that mean that the woman over there is also violating the law?" He points his finger toward Hua. 

 

Hearing this, everyone's jaws dropped to the ground, their eyes having looks of awe and respect in them.

 

Fucking great!

 

All the rogue cultivators were in awe of Taiyiang's ruthless and daring reply. Not many possessed the courage to question the people in power in a world where might was right. 

 

At the same time, Hua's face turns red with embarrassment. Even she felt tongue-tied. She had known there was such a rule, but it had never applied to old experts and those with powerful backgrounds. 

 

Even the Immortal Pheonix Sect wouldn't dare ask such people to wait in the queue with normal cultivators. 

 

 

Therefore, the guards still shamelessly carry on, "Brat, you don't know the immensity of the heaven and earth. Is Lady Hua someone a nobody like you can question?" 

 

 Had someone from the Heavenly Realm been here to witness a mere guard talk to the about the immensity of heaven and earth in front of Taiyiang, they'd have already killed this guard and his nine generations, lest the whole Immortal Realm suffered the fury of heavens. Because who knew better about the heavens than the Heavenly Crown Prince himself?

 

 

"Yeah! Lady Huiguang doesn't need to stand in line!" Another guard shouts, spit coming out of his mouth.

 

Taiyiang tilts his head in confusion. "And why is that? Why doesn't she need to obey the law? Why must she be treated differently than all those people standing over there in the line?"

 

 

The people standing in the line turned quiet for a minute before a loud outpour of support came forth. 

 

 

"This mortal brother is right! Why doesn't she need to stand in line?!"

 

 

"Yeah, how can she break the law?!"

 

"Is this how Immortal Phoenix Sect treats us rogue cultivators?!"

 

 

For the first time in their lives, these cultivators felt excited to vent their emotions. Remembering how those with stronger backgrounds always got VIP treatment, whereas they had to suffer at the whims of others, they felt grateful to Taiyiang (who they thought is a mortal) for standing up for them.

 

 

"Y-YOU…" the two guards flinched, not expecting such an uproar. They weren't scared of these weak rogue cultivators, but that was only if all of them didn't band together. 

 

 

"You court death!" One of the gate guards couldn't bear it any longer and vaulted toward Taiyiang, his sword high raised in the air.

 

 

"Oh no!" Looks of pity and shock covered everyone's faces as they imagined the gruesome death of Taiyiang. In their minds, a mortal like him had no chance of defending himself against the attack of the guard who was an early body strengthening realm master. 

 

 

Yet, before the attack can land on Taiyiang, a powerful aura blasts him away.

 

"Thump! Thump!" After landing on the ground, he was still forced several paces back from the aftershock before finally vomiting a mouthful of blood.

 

 

 

"That's enough!" To everyone's surprise, it was Hua herself who sent the guard flying with one hand. 

 

 

"B-but…Lady Hua--"

 

 

"Shut up!" For the first time in her life, Hua felt compelled to use such vulgar words. Anger surged inside her.

 

 

 

Turning to look at the mortal in front of her, she was shocked to see him standing calmly as if the previous attack on his life didn't occur at all. "You…!" She didn't know how to feel. Had she not intervened, this man in front of him would've died for sure.

 

 

And unless she killed all cultivators present here, rumors associating her with his death would've surfaced sooner or later. While no one would question her even if an innocent person died because of her, she still didn't want to be related to such rumors if she could help it. 

 

 

However, what she and everyone else failed to notice was a layer of pale blue light surrounding Taiyiang's body, as if waiting to burst forth into a majestic momentum.

 

 

 

Yet, the light disappeared as soon as it came. Alas, she will never know how she had saved the life of the guard instead.

 

 

 

"Hm?" Taiyiang looks at Huiguang with a puzzled face, not knowing whether to thank her or not. His life wouldn't have been in any danger even if he had stood still and let the guard attack him due to the protection of his unique Celestial Body. 

 

 

Hua's face turned ugly, displeased with the fact that the mortal didn't even appreciate her kindness.

 

 

 

"Haaah…" Letting out a deep exhale, she composes herself. "Fine, I will stand in the line." She couldn't think of any other way to salvage the situation, other than to surrender, even though she felt great shame in doing so.

 

 

 

"Thank you," Taiyiang said with a bright smile. For a moment, the smile on his disguised face appeared to be so dazzling that even Hua found herself lost in its charm.

 

 

"I-I don't need your thank you!" She breaks out of her reverie and replies in a flustered manner.

 

 

What was that just now?!

 

 

Wondering if she had lost her mind, she walked towards the queue where people were making way for her and stood there with a displeased face.

 

 

"Wait a minute!" Taiyiang said loudly.

 

 

"What now?!" Hua shouted, veins bulging on her forehead. But this angry expression only seemed to make her appear more beautiful. Some people even felt the urge to go and tightly hug the enraged beauty, but in the end, managed to restrain themselves. 

 

 

"Who said you to stand at the front? It will be only fair for you to wait at the end," Taiyiang replied while pointing his finger toward the end of the queue.

 

 

Damnit, my ancestor! Why are you enraging her like this?!

 

 

Even others felt their stomachs ache, wondering why this clueless devil was trying so hard to provoke Huiguang.

 

 

 

Looking back, Hua saw the queue which stretched on for many miles, hundreds of people looking at her as if she was some sort of a rare beast.

 

 

Gritting her teeth, she replied, "Y-you…!" Stomping her feet in anger, she went to stand at the end.

 

 

To others, it seemed like red fumes were coming out of her ears, putting them under the illusion as if her whole face was a pill furnace.

 

 

 

Satisfied, Taiyiang makes his way toward where he was previously standing, gasps of admiration and veneration can be heard as he passed by.

 

 

No one could believe that it was this ordinary-looking mortal who made the goddess of their dreams surrender. The rogue cultivator who had insulted Taiyang earlier even gave the latter thumbs up to express his admiration.

 

 

Meanwhile, the gate guard who suffered at the hands of Hua vomited another mouthful of blood before falling unconscious. The last feelings that crossed his mind were a mix of regret and unwillingness.

 

 

Yet, except for his fellow guard who rushed to his rescue, no one seemed to pay attention to the guard who passed out while feeling greatly wronged.

I'mma make cultivaton levels clear in the next few chapters, but here's a short overview if you can't wait:

mortal realm→ essence gathering real  body strengthening realm → spiritual realm → quasi-immortal realm → immortal realm → quasi-sovereign realm → sovereign realm 

Each realm is further divided into four stages: early, middle, late and peak. 

7