Chapter 6: Wrath of the Heavens
284 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The Phoenix Fort was the biggest and the most famous restaurant in the Immortal Phoenix City. Not only was it known for its delectable dishes, there was also a prevalent rumor going around that the one in charge of the restaurant was a high-ranked elder of the Sect. Therefore, no one dared to cause trouble here.
 
 
 
 
"B-big Brother Taiyang, are you sure you want to eat here? Why not eat somewhere…more ordinary?" Yingyue hesitantly asked as they walked past scores of people.
 
 
 
Though she was not a cultivator, but even she had heard of the expensiveness of the cuisine served here.
 
 
 
Only the elites of the elites were able to eat here, but now her strange big brother Taiyang brought them, two orphans, to dine at such a place. She didn't whether to laugh or cry.
 
 
 
"Hmm, but why? Didn't you say this place served the best food?" Taiyang replied.
 
 
 
"Yeah...but I didn't know you'd bring us here," Yingyue responded in an weak tone. Taiyang had asked her about the best place to eat in the city a while ago.
 
 
 
At first, she had thought he was just asking around in curiosity, yet only now did she realize he was planning on taking them to this fancy restaurant.
 
 
 
 
"Now you know. Alright, let's go," With his hand grabbing onto Yingyue's wrist and his left hand onto Qiao Nan's, Taiyang boldly strode inside the restaurant.
 
 
 
A bright light assaulted their eyes, causing the siblings to momentarily shut their eyes. After blinking with watery eyes, they took in the view and were dumbfounded.
 
 
 
 
Several the huge lamps hanging from the magnificent wooden ceiling. Yet,  the most blinding thing was the crystal chandelier in the shape of giant phoenix attached at the very centre of the hall.
 
 
 
The interior of the restaurant was quite spacious, with at least twenty luxurious round tables placed neatly in the hall.
 
 
 
 
A few figures could be seen conversing, draped in lavish robes. Though in the eyes of the two siblings, they still fell far short in comparison to the robe Taiyang had worn before.
 
 
 
 
Shaking them out of their reverie, Taiyang grabbed the due and went to sit in a corner. The siblings felt fidgety under the intense gazes of everyone.
 
 
 
 
Yingyue felt especially on the edge, considering how she didn't let go of the helm of her tattered robe.
 
 
 
Everyone present here had a prestigious background, so them being here seemed quite out of place.
 
 
 
Curious, she peeked at her big brother Taiyang and failed to find a thread of nervousness or surprise. It almost felt as if a restaurant like this wasn't even qualified to enter his eyes. Seeing his calm countenance alleviated her insecurity to some extent.
 
 
 
 
"Well…that's difficult?" Taiyang commented after looking at the menu; he didn't recognize any of the dishes.
 
 
 
 
Though, considering how his dishes were prepared with utmost care by famous celestial chefs, such mundane dishes didn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as them.
 
 
 
 
 
While each of them were are lost in their own thoughts, a waiter comes forward and coughs lightly.
 
 
 
Although he'd usually ask customers what they'd like to have, but the trio in front of him appeared to be a little weird.
 
 
 
 
 
On one hand, there were two children wearing tattered and dishevelled clothes looking around with open mouths.
 
 
 
 
And on the other hand, there was this normal looking young man who had no extraordinary features about him.  There was one peculiar thing, however. Although his clothes were pretty plain, but they were extremely neat without a wrinkle on them.
 
 
 
 
Not to mention, what really surprised him was the nonchalant look in the young man's eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
Everyone, regardless of how powerful their background, would at least gasp in awe the first time they entered the restaurant. Yet, the man appeared indifferent.
 
 
 
 
 
"Respected customers, what are you here for?" He blurted out a stupid question.
 
 
 
 
No matter from which angle he looked, they didn't appear like they could afford to be in this place.
 
 
 
 
In response, Taiyang looked strangely at the man before saying,"What do people usually come here for? To sing?"
 
 
 
 
Giggles escaped the mouth of the two siblings at Taiyang's taunt.
 
 
 
 
The waiter face turned red from embarrassment. "*Cough* Respected Sir, you may not know this, but this is an establishment of Immortal Phoenix Sect.." He tried to warn the young man out of goodwill.
 
 
 
 
"So…?" Taiyang honestly couldn't figure out what the man in front of him was trying to say.
 
 
 
 
"Y-you…*sighs* Alright respected customers, what would you like to order?" The waiter asked with resignation. Honestly, it didn't really concern him if they couldn't pay the bill.
 
 
 
 
 
The restaurant had plenty of ways of dealing with people like them.
 
 
 
 
"Hmm, what do you guys want to eat?" Taiyang turned to look at the two siblings to ask for their opinion.
 
 
 
 
"Dumpling! I want to eat lots of dumplings!" Qiao Nan jumped happily before Yingyue even got to say something.
 
 
 
"Oh okay. Bring some dumplings and any other special dish of your choice." Taiyang ordered, without missing a beat.
 
 
 
 
Stunned, the waiter was at a loss for words. He couldn't believe these people wanted to eat dumplings, the food of commoners, in a first class establishment like this.
 
 
 
 
"Pfft…did you people hear that? These peasants want to eat dumplings…" A scornful voice full reverberates from one corner.
 
 
 
 
"Brother Wanxi, you shouldn't lower yourself to their level. Though, it is indeed true that peasants like them don't even know their place."
 
 
 
"Hahahaha, you are right, brother Shui. Just looking at their shitty appearance makes me wanna puke. It seems like nowadays any beggar off the street can come and dine at the Phoenix Fort."
 
 
 
 
"Hey, waiter, you should probably throw these peasants out before my eyes start to bleed."
 
 
 
 
Three figures were seen chatting together in a loud contemptuous voice, their comments aimed at Taiyang and the company.
 
 
 
 
Everyone turned to look at them before most of them hurriedly turned away their faces. One of them fearfully whispered after noticing the dragon insignia on their house,"House Long…how scary."
 
 
 
House Long, one of the top three martial arts families, was known for their dreadful assassinations throughout the Immortal Realm. Although their house worshipped the mystical dragon as their ancestor, their acts were anything but noble.
 
 
 
Many powerful experts had been fallen at their hands.
 
 
 
Hence, no one wanted to offend people hailing from such an infamous household.
 
 
 
"Tch, I can't believe such such lowly pigs are even allowed into this place. I don't think they should be allowed in here, don't you agree as well, Miss Hua?" One young man named Long Wanxi said as he looked at a beautiful young girl who was sitting alone at one of the tables with eyes full of lust.
 
 
 
 
Indeed. She was the same girl who had been humiliated by Taiyang at the city gates. It was well-known fact that Long Wanxi hand long since been trying to woo lady Hua, but to no avail.
 
 
 
 
At suddenly being called out, Hua glanced at Long Wanxi before turning to look at Taiyang. A glint of astonishment flashed in her eyes before she looked away as if completely disregarding everyone present.
 
 
 
 
The dazzling smile on Long Wanxi twiched after seeing her ignoring his existence. No other woman had treated him this way, but that's why he liked her.
 
 
 
 
'I will definitely make you mine!' He murmured while flashing a lascivious grin.
 
 
 
 
"Brother Wanxi, there's something I need to tell you," his junior brother leaned over and whispered in his ear.
 
 
 
"What is it?" He annoyingly asked.
 
 
 
"It's like this, that brat over there…." As he listened to his junior brother speak, his expression changed from surprise to understanding before turning into a mischievous smile.
 
 
 
"Are you telling me the truth?" He asked for confirmation.
 
 
 
"Yes, brother Wanxi. I wouldn't dare lie to you even if I was hundred times more gutsy."
 
 
 
Everyone in the hall noticed Long Wanxi stand up, and tensed up. It seemed like he was planning on stirring up trouble.
 
 
 
Long Wanxi calmly strode to where Taiyang was sitting.
 
 
 
 
"You've got some guts, brat. To shame someone from the one of the three immortal martial arts clan in front of so many people." He said loudly.
 
 
 
 
The hall immediately become noisy due to whispers going from one ear to another.
 
 
 
"What does he mean?"
 
 
 
 
"He is referring to lady Hua, of course. I heard someone embarrassed lady Hua at the city gates."
 
 
 
 
 
"Does that mean he is the culprit?"
 
 
 
"Woah, how daring is that young man."
 
 
 
 
 
Long Wanxi smirked. His plan to impress Hua was working.
 
 
 
 
 
"Martial arts clans?" Taiyang spoke lightly, as if remembering something from the past.
 
 
 
 
 
"Yes! How dare a mortal like you try to ruin lady Hua's reputation? You are courting death," his voice was infused with killing intent.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yingyue and Qiao Nan began to tremble in fear, yet Taiyang remained utterly unfazed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
After looking around, Taiyang noticed several gazes concentrate on him, most of them betraying the intention of watching a good show.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"What do you want?" He finally asked. He had lived a sheltered life up until now, so something like this had never happened to happened to him before. He genuinely couldn't understand this man's motives for finding trouble with him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Seeing Taiyang act so nonchalantly, Long Wanxi couldn't hide this astonishment. This brat really had nerves of steel.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Of course, I would be merciful enough not to ask you to take your life, but you need to kneel down and ask for Lady Hua's forgiveness," he said while glancing at Hua out of the corner of his eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
Are you seeing this, bitch? You must be impressed with this young master.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh, would you let me go, then?" Taiyang asked, as if he hadn't heard the man's outrageous demand at all.
 
 
 
 
 
However, if any one from the heavenly realm was here, they'd have broken Long Wanxi's legs for asking the Heavenly Crown Prince, the one who neither kneeled to the heaven nor earth, to do so in front of mere mortals.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Of course, I, Long Wanxi, promise—aaagghhhh!!!"
 
 
 
One of moment ago, the Immortal Phoenix City was quiet and everything had been going on normally but now—
 
 
 
"You are not worthy of that surname," a voice, which was as calm as a serene lake, decreed in a dignified tone.
 
 
 
 
  —a single sentence had changed it.
 
 
 
 
The whole city—no, the whole Immortal Realm started trembling with great intensity.
 
 
 
 
In the northern province…
 
 
 
 
"Fuck, what's happening?!"
 
 
 
 
 
"I-is this the end of the world?!"
 
 
 
 
 
"Run, everyone! Pull your asses! Move faster!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
People couldn't believe what they were seeing. The Dragon Peak mountains, famous for their huge heights, were now crumbling apart like little pebbles.
 
 
 
 
The mountains that had stood their ground for thousands of years now appeared unable to bear the pressure.
 
 
These famous Dragon Peaks were shaking and quivering as if they were...deeply frightened of someone.
 
*****
 
The Immortal Phoenix Sect, inner grounds.
 
 
 
 
 
"What's this commotion about?!"
 
 
 
 
 
"What the hell is happening??"
 
 
 
 
Scores of disciple can be seen running out of their pavilions, wearing panicked expressions on their faces. Most of them were cultivating in their caves when they heard an extremely disturbing noise that almost made them go deaf.
 
 
 
 
"Elder Tou, can you tell us what that frightening sound was about?"
 
 
 
 
 
One of the disciples asked the elder after spotting the latter standing still like a puppet that had its strings broken.
 
 
 
 
The elder didn't reply, but only pointed his shaky finger towards the sky. Following his direction, what the disciples saw caused their souls to flee their bodies.
 
 
 
 
 
"Ooh mommy…." A few disciples wetted themselves. Yet, no one seemed to care while they tried to make sense of the scene playing out in front of them.
 
 
 
 
A big void had formed in the sky, getting bigger by each passing second. 
 
 
 
 
 
A few rubbed their eyes, but were unfortunately hit with the realisation that what they were seeing was, in fact, not a dream.
 
 
 
 
 
The sky was literally cleaving asunder. 
 
 
 
 
At the same time, it was emitting an agonizing...scream. Anyone who heard it would recognize the pain and horror contained in that sound.
 
 
 
"E...Elder Tou….w-what is that?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
"…the wrath of the heavens…" a soulless voice reverberates in the air.
6