Chapter 1: A prologue that was never meant to be
1.7k 20 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being hit by a truck while going to university, was a novel experience, to say the least.

 

What followed after even more so.

 

That is correct, I, Silver Grimshard, formerly known as Random Guy A. Have reincarnated into an Isekai world.

 

And how do I know that? If I just reincarnated?

 

Simple

 

Name: Silver Grimshard

 

Race: Whatever you want to be

Title: Fourth son of the Grimshard Family, [̗͑̃͛͐ͧHI͉̦D̎͑ͬ̀Ď̞̯̖̦̟͟Eͩ̉ͤͧ̂ͩ̑̕N̻ͤͤͥ͢]̭̩͚͗͂̉̈ͩ̊

 

Level: 1

 

XP: 0/100

 

Class: whatever you want to be

 

HP: 10/10

 

MP: 20/20

 

STR: 2

 

END: 2

 

MAG: 2

DEX: 2

LUK: [̗͑̃͛͐ͧHI͉̦D̎͑ͬ̀Ď̞̯̖̦̟͟Eͩ̉ͤͧ̂ͩ̑̕N̻ͤͤͥ͢]̭̩͚͗͂̉̈ͩ̊                                                      

 

Skills: 

 

Goddesses’ Favour {???} LV:???

 

I’ll leave it to your imagination~ Teehee~

 

Effects: Secret~

 

Eyes of Truth {Legend} LV: MAX

The Eyes that see the Truth of the World.

 

Combines all eye skills into one single skill

 

Effects: Appraisal, Observation, Clairvoyance, Cursed Eye, Future Sight, Eye of the Demon…see 100+ more

 

Bloody Ascension {Unique} LV: MAX

For the Blood of the Gods shall shatter all restraints.

 

A skill that allows its wielder to evolve every time said wielder drinks the blood of a being who holds a higher rank of mysticality.

 

{Warning: May have unintended side effects}

Effects: Race change, status change, skill assimilation, level gain, change in physical appearance [Please choose the type of physical appearance]

 

Charisma {Rare} LV:1

{For every hero has it, get yours now for the price of eternal slavery! -Goddess}

The builder of Legends and Story.

 

A skill that varies in effect for each wielder.

 

Effects: Varies

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

Darn, all I can say about this though.

 

Frankly, that’s all I’ve been looking at since I woke up in this weird room.

 

It looked like a room I once saw when I went to visit France.

 

That is, to say that I’m in the middle ages...or the middle ages of another world if this screen in front of me is any indication.

 

Stats are shit

 

The name is a bit too chunni,

 

The race is...questionable to say the least but hey, these op skills more than makeup for it.

 

So, these are my so-called cheats, heh I sort of feel like laughing...Well, not like I know what they do.

 

The sound of a door opening broke me out of my inner monologue(?)

 

“Morning my dear Silver, How’s my little darling doing~”

 

...Say wut m8

 

It is only now, that I realized I reincarnated as a baby, instead of, I don’t know...a 6-year-old kid?

 

Well, It’s a good a time as ever to use my OP skills.

 

...So how exactly do use skills?

 

Do I just stare at her?

 

Hmm...She’s young...and beautiful…

 

Oh, wait...do I think of the skill name?

 

Err…[Eyes of Truth]?

R̯̉̈́̄ ̷̝͕̩̰̻͈̟̬ͨ̎͋̄Ȩ̟̟͓ͤ̃̽͗ͅaͦ̂̔ͥͤͥ̓ͪ͏̫̜͍̦͘l̘̩̭͍̻̠̃͐̅ͤ̚͝ͅ ̮̻̫̞̌̊I̶ͪ̒̽̌͊͂̒̈́̌҉̳͈̼̖̙͖͈͕z̺͇͙̻͑̒͟E̪̯̩̮ͤ͐̂̂̒̚ ̯̼͈̯̺̗͇͛̈͑͘t̠͍̯͚͉̫ͩ͑̎̏H͙̹̰̻̻͔̓͆̄̾̓̍̉͡ ̞͉ͧ̔͐ȩ̊͛ͦ̔̾͏̜̬͕̬̦ ̗̲̼̳͌̈́̉͒̆ͤ̌̀ ̡͖̺̮͍̊ͧͮŢ͕̫ͮ̂̌̃̓ ̜̯̼̗̖̥̈͌́r̨̧͇̤͇̞̟ͭ̏͂ͦͨ̔ͬ ̡͙̪̼̖̹̱͑͑̆̋̆̃ͥͅǗ̷̬̙͚̹̥͛t̨̛̩͔̼̣̜̠̦̺͂ͧͤ̑̏̚ ͙͔ͥ͝ͅḢ̫̞̞̂ͭ́̂̕ ̸̳̥͔͔̹̟̟͕̅̀ͦ̐͗͂ͪ̑͜

Instead of the status page, I was expecting to see. What welcomed me was this creepy glitched out message, before my vision was consumed by darkness.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

It has been a couple of days since that little mishap, I have realized that the truth is much more than it seems, I also realized it wasn’t a cheat...it was a skill only usable in the literal end-game.

 

Curses.

 

On the other hand, I still have [Bloody Ascension], which I cannot use because I’m still just a child...I want a time skip skill…

 

Anyways, I have discovered the identity of the beautiful young woman...wait a minute, I’m younger compared to her, so can I call her young?

Cough

 

Anyways, she is my mother, Silver hair, red eyes...and OH MY LORD, WHY HAVE I NOT REALISED IT TILL NOW.

 

She has the dead mom anime hairstyle…

 

Okay can’t lose hope yet, my dad is strong, hope he can protect her.

 

Also, I realized that the [Eyes of Truth] skill is made up of tons of different eye skills, or something like that, I’m not sure.

 

So I tried activating just the [Appraisal] skill, and it worked!

 

This is what I got for my Mom

 

Name: Elisabeth Grimshard

 

Race: Half-Elf

 

Title: Second Wife of the Grimshard Head, [Hidden]

 

Level: 169

 

Class: Elemental Archer

 

Stats: [Hidden]

 

Skills: [Hidden]

 

I can guess that the reason there are so many [Hidden] things, is because of level difference...or she used some sort of magic to hide it.

 

She has been caring for me much more consistently after the whole [Eyes of Truth] debacle, I’m not sure if she knows though, she might have [Appraisal], there’s honestly no way of telling unless she tells me directly.

 

Well, I think [Eyes of Truth] may tell me the answer...but yeah, I’m not using it anytime soon.

 

On another note, I also found out that I’m born into a noble family, how I could not figure that out from the decor considering it’s the middle ages, is beyond me.

Also, this whole being a baby thing sucks, sure I get to see breasts almost every day, and considering my 18-year-old mental age it is quite distracting...not like I’m doing anything in the first place.

 

...Yeah, daily life is boring, so I’m going to stop narrating until stuff gets interesting.

 

__________________________________________________________________

(9 Years Later)

 

I’m finally 9 years old, no event of note has happened till now, but I do have a massive info dump to give

 

Cough

 

First of all, the world in which I currently reside in is called Loehegrin, a world filled with dragons, dungeons and all the other fantasy shit you could think of.

 

As far as the people of this world know, there is one continent, which is divided into seven kingdoms.

 

To the north is a kingdom that belongs to the demon race, which is comprised of cute demon girls, such as succubus’ and...some other demonic races

 

Cough

 

The kingdom is called Demetori, the ruler is called the Demon Lord apparently, they’re quite barbaric as only the strongest demon may hold the title of Demon Lord.

 

Bordering the Demon country is the human kingdom, Ludbeigne.

 

It is ruled by the so-called ‘Hero-king’ a king who clawed his way to the top.

 

People call Demons barbaric, but in my opinion, humans aren’t that different.

 

Ludbeigne is also the country in which I currently reside, and am a noble.

 

To the south is the kingdom of Beastmen, Kullenya, ruled by the Lion King.

 

This country is comprised of Beast men, who look like humans, except with animal appendages and characteristics, this is one of the countries I’m most interested in and hope to visit one day.

 

The neighbouring country of Kullenya is the country of elves, Yggdrasil, named after the world tree that resides in its centre.

 

The beastmen and elves are long-standing allies, well that’s mostly due to the humans anyway.

 

Well, the nobles at least, most non-nobles are pretty kind-hearted, the farmers always give me fruits.

 

Next is the kingdom of Dwarves, located on the other side of the demon country, It’s called the kingdom of Forge, it’s a pretty self-explanatory name as all dwarves have a knack for forging...it also shows the intelligence of said dwarves.

 

There are two other kingdoms, but not much is known about them, the kingdom that falls absolutely in the middle of the continent is a land filled with forests and high-rank monsters, the other one is the kingdom of dragons.

 

Once again, not much is known about these kingdoms.

 

Now then...I just realised I didn’t talk at all about my daily life.

 

I may have said this before, but I’m the fourth son of the Grimshard Baron family.

 

With the cool sounding name, you’d at least expect Duke, but nooo, stupid Hero-king didn’t like the fact that our family name was cooler than his, and sent us to the outskirts of the human kingdom, right near the border separating the demon kingdom and the human kingdom.

 

Which, raises the risk of my mom dying to an absolute certainty...if it wasn’t before with the hairstyle and all, on multiple occasions I have told her to change it, but she just said that dad likes it the most, and kept it.

 

Goddamnit Dad, do you want mom to die?

 

Speaking of Dad, he’s a true “Too OP, please nerf” character, then again, it might have to do with my low level, and every other person had inflated levels…

 

Well, I would know soon anyway, why?

 

Because I’m getting my maid today!

 

Woohoo!

 

Every day, since I became 6 years old; was hell.

 

Sword training, Bow training, magic training...Well, I enjoyed these.

 

Etiquette was a pain.

 

But the other subjects were just plain easy...maybe because I was at university before I died in my previous life...meh

 

Right now, I’m standing in my room waiting for my maids to arrive.

 

Out of sheer boredom, I once again tried activating the [Eyes of Truth].

 

...For a second I saw a big door before I passed out, but this time...I heard a whisper so soft, it was almost like the wind.

 

“The truth...shall set you free”

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

“Ugh...did anyone get the number of the truck that hit me?”

 

I muttered to myself as I struggled to open my eyes.

 

I was lying on top of my bed, I had been trying to use [Eyes of Truth] for a couple of days now, I assume since it has become a regular occurrence, the butler just picked me up, put me on the bed and left.

 

How cruel…

 

I slowly tried lifting myself off the bed.

 

Before I could even get up though, I felt something slam into me with a force of a truck

 

Well...it was a soft truck

 

“I’m sorry my honourable Master, I seemed to have slipped”

 

Before I could even comprehend what had hit me, a rather cold and detached voice resounded from on top of me.

 

Eh?

 

Slowly, the soft sensation which I assume is a girl got off me, and from the feel of what I assume is her chest on my face, it’s not my mom...I feel like I said something that doesn’t sound right, but from all the hugs she gives me, I can’t help but compare...I mean, I’m mentally 27 years old?

 

Rubbing my eyes, I stifled a yawn.

 

“Here you go my honourable Master, I made the other maids make you some tea, please enjoy it”

 

...I have to thank my lucky stars that she didn’t fall on me with the tea, accepting the tea, I looked at the girl beside me.

 

Her most notable trait would be the fact that she was short, probably shorter than me, I was roughly 136 cm, so she was probably around 130-ish, she was wearing a maid uniform with a short skirt, thigh-high white stockings tied with a ribbon...wait that’s an accessory...I seriously suck at describing clothes.

 

She was wearing a black choker fitted with frilly white lace, on top of her short white hair was a perfectly placed maid headband which was also fitted with frilly black lace.

 

All in all, a perfect example of a maid...if not for her expressionless face, WHICH ENHANCED HER CUTENESS.

 

Her red eyes stared at me blankly, watching me as I observed her...I feel judged.

 

She tilted her head sideways and asked with a perfect poker face.

 

“Is my appearance unsatisfying, Master?”

 

... so....so cute.

 

Man, If my head wasn’t hurting from using my skill, I would have a nosebleed by now, oh yeah, reply.

 

“No, I was just stunned by your cuteness”

 

No reaction whatsoever, a perfect Kuudere.

 

“If my honourable Master says so, then it must be true”

 

...So, she’s the earnest type.

 

Stretching my limbs, I got off the bed.

 

Why do my bones hurt from using an eye skill..?

 

Noticing my grimace, the maid replied coolly.

 

“It seems I have used more strength than necessary when carrying you to your bed, I do apologise Master”

 

...I think I just heard the sound of my manly pride shattering

 

Shaking my head, I once again looked at her...and I still can’t get over the fact how cute she is, I’ve never seen her in the mansion before...could she…?

 

Noticing my gaze she curtsied and introduced herself

 

“Pleasure to meet you, I am Sirisa, arriving here to take up my post. From this moment, I will protect the Master's honour and beliefs, until my final moments”

 

D-darn, those lines were so cool, if I was a bit younger mentally, I definitely would have fallen in love...scratch that, I already have.

 

“You’re my maid?”

 

She made a small nod and bowed once more

 

“That is correct my Master I, Sirisa, will forever be with you regardless of the difficulties you will face”

 

Why is she spouting so many cool lines?

 

Stop, I’ve already fallen in love.

 

While I was flustered thinking of how to respond, the door to my room opened and my mother entered followed by another girl my age.

 

“Oh my, so you’ve finally woken up Silver? You do need to stop using that skill of yours”

 

That’s right, I told my Mother about my skills, she would have been extremely worried otherwise and seeing as how there were no permanent side-effects I was able to quell her worries.

 

“Uhh, I’m sorry Mother, I thought for sure I wouldn’t faint today”

 

“Still, I get worried you know?”

 

I scratched my cheek embarrassedly, my Mother was the only one in the entire family who actually bothered to acknowledge my existence, I was the first son of the second wife, and considering the first wife gave birth to 3 children, I was 4th in line for inheritance, and considering it was a baron family, no one paid much attention to me.

 

“Umm...I’m sorry…”

 

Giving her usual warm smile she just patted my head.

 

It was embarrassing for me to get patted while being watched by two girls...but I’ll just consider it my punishment and silently accept it.

 

Letting go of my head, she clapped her hand.

 

“It seems like you’ve already been introduced to Sirisa here, well then why don’t you come up and introduce yourself”

 

“Yes Madame”

 

The other girl nodded to my Mother and introduced herself while fully bowing towards me.

 

She was a silver-haired girl wearing maid clothes, with a long skirt, and unlike Sirisa her eyes were blue, she also braided her hair to the left, again another adorable girl.

 

“So you are my Master? A pleasure to meet you, I am maid; Anabelle. From this moment on, I shall dedicate my life to you.”

 

Where did my mother even get these girls?

28