Chapter 1: Henshin Chapter
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kamen Rider Denrai: Transformation Lessons
仮面ライダー伝来: 変身章
Kamen Raidā Denrai: Henshin-shō


<< OP >>
“Easy Breezy”
Artist: chelmico
Album: Easy Breezy

Easy Breezy~ Easy Breezy~

Easy Breezy~ Easy Breezy~

Yes, it started, it tangled
はい始まった絡まった
Hai hajimatta karamatta

People who made fun of me went away somewhere
からかったやつらはどっかにいっちゃった
Karakatta yatsu-ra wa dokka ni itchatta

It’s not like somebody asked me
誰に頼まれたわけでもないのに
Dare ni tanoma reta wake de mo nai no ni

But I can’t stop writing
止まれねー筆
Tomare nei fude

Everyone is king here
ここでは誰もが王様なのね
Koko de wa dare mo ga ō-sama na no ne

It doesn’t feel like it’s gonna last long
てか長続きする気がしない
Te ka nagatsudzuki suru ki ga shinai

Who cares if I am bad thinking that way
とかそんな性格でなにが悪い
To ka son’na seikaku de nani ga warui

I like what I like
ただ好きなもんは好き
Tada suki na mon wa suki

Stop it, bystanders, you’re being irresponsible
外野はお黙り君無責任
Gaiya wa o danmari kimi mu sekinin

This is earth, zero gravity
ここ地球、ゼログラビティ
Koko chikyū, zero gurabiti

Shut up, don’t bother me
うっさいなぁ邪魔しないでね
Ussa i nā jama shinaide ne

Let’s make a scene
いっぱつ派手にやってみようや
Ippatsu hade ni yatte miyou ya

Brain, imagination
脳味噌イマジネーション
Nō miso imajinēshon

Everything you hear and see
見たもん聞いたもん
Mita mon kiita mon

All become blood
それ全部血になる
Sore zenbu chi ni naru

You can fly, fly! Let them talk
飛べる飛べ!なめさせとけ
Toberu tobe! Namesa se toke

In my head, I see how it’s supposed to be in the end
頭ん中もう完成形見えた
Atama n-naka mō kansei kei mieta

In my head, I am free to do whatever
頭ん中もう自由自在
Atama n-naka mō jiyū jizai

Make your filter of the heart finer
心の網目細かくして
Kokoro no amime komakaku shite

It’s going to be the ultimate world!
最強の世界できちゃってるわなー!
Saikyō no sekai deki chatteru wa na!

Easy Breezy~ Easy Breezy~

Easy Breezy~ Easy Breezy~

Put on your best clothes
一張羅パリッと着込んで
Itchōra paritto kikonde

Get ready to fight, what’s going on?
戦闘モードなんだこりゃ?
Sentō mōdo na n da korya

If you are gonna do it, make yourself difficult to others
どうせやるならめんどくさくなろうぜ
Dōse yarunara mendo kusaku narou ze

Let it happen, Easy Breezy
なるようにするのさ Easy Breezy
Naru yō ni suru no sa Easy Breezy

It’s a good feeling to make a commitment
いいもんさ覚悟決めたなら
 Ī mon sa kakugo kimetanara

Go ahead and do it, see what I can do!
やったりゃいいじゃんどんなもんだ!
Yattari ya iijan don'na mon da!

Even if you struggle, make it work somehow
やぶれかぶれでも どーにかこーにかしようぜ
Yabure kabure demo do ni ka ko ni ka shiyou ze

Let it happen, Easy Breezy
なるようにするのさ Easy Breezy
Naru yō ni suru no sa Easy Breezy


Episode One: Henshin Chapter
第一挿話:変身章
Dai Ichisōwa: Henshin-shō


“Hello there! You might be suddenly wondering why I’m very casually able to break the fourth wall and speak in very long sentences — that are definitely not normal conversation — like this?” Raiden spoke, as he walked into what appeared to be an empty classroom of some kind, its tables currently arranged at the sides of the classroom. “Did you know that doing transformation specials like these actually allow me to show you how to transform in case they actually adapt my series?”

“…uhuh, didn’t you literally say, off-screen, not less than thirty seconds ago before the non-existent cameras started rolling, that we did this only because we needed non-existent budget and time for our writer to actually figure out how to write our characters?” Aiko popped up, stepping into the classroom and switching on the lights as she also found a chair to sit down, observing Raiden in the process. “I’m pretty sure he’s only putting the words out… either because he’s blanked on an important moment or—”

“Ey yo, don’t ruin my vibe—” Kagerou — sorry, Raiden — uttered to the female. “Not only is he messing up my name — either he genuinely forgets that I’m Raiden Shoumi and not Kagerou Kobayashi, or he just thinks mixing up names in non-canonical specials is funny — but he probably thinks I might actually like long sentences like these that go against human nature. This is flippin’ waxing philosophical at this point—”

“Could this also be a ploy done by Mr. Writer Man in order to drag out the number of words he’s getting from this fan-fiction?” Chloe asked, uncharacteristically pushing the doors to the classroom wide open. “He very clearly and definitely told me something about this like, ten minutes ago—”

Nope, nuh uh, no revealing my secrets like this—

“I’m sorry, what?”

“HAH, I knew it!”

Anyhow… let’s get to the more important stuff, as in what we’re, you know, actually supposed to do for this special,” Raiden stood in the middle of the classroom, pulling out what appeared to be the Libera Driver— “Wait, this isn’t the correct Driver, why does my mysterious hammerspace not have the correct Driver— oh, I get it, this is definitely a reference to the fact that the monster I fought in the first chapter was Sakura Igarashi, ha ha, funny, stop it writer—”

Tossing the Libera Driver to the side, into a non-existent pile with the label ‘Wrong Drivers I did for a gag lmao’ hastily taped to the top of the pile, Raiden eventually pulled out the correct Driver, holding the Genkai Driver with his right hand. “Finally, let’s get down to business!”

“Anyways, if you don’t mind us,” Aiko uttered, as she adjusted the non-existent camera a little bit; all the while, Kanon strutted through the open doors, finding a chair — and deciding to materialise one out of thin air because she decided she couldn’t be bothered — before sitting next to Chloe, getting comfy in one of the corners of the classroom. “We’ll be sitting just slightly off-screen so that you can continue. Besides, it’s hopefully going to be a short chapter — considering that writer man even used the Eizouken opening for this spin-off — so we need to do these things in bulk.”

“I got it, I get it— hey, you two, I get it that you’re dating,” Raiden stared at Chloe and Kanon — who were too comfortable with each other — with a very deadpan expression, almost rolling his eyes so far they fell off. “But like, no weird positions, please.”

Thankfully, the camera didn’t seem to conveniently tilt to the two lovebirds, who were in the corner, doing their own thing. Also conveniently, was the fact that some of the tables in the room seemed to mysteriously re-arrange, providing cover for the two lovebirds, much to Raiden’s chagrin and my joy.

“First things first!” Raiden got back on track, throwing the image of the two lovebirds out of his head — after all, he did like lesbians but not his juniors, anyways ew bad image — before holding the Driver. “Equip the Driver! I mean, that’s a given, but you never know, you might actually own a DX Genkai Driver, coming out in store never, in which case you have to actually use the belt straps.”

Looking at his waist, he closed his eyes, taking a deep breath as he held the Driver to his waist. Recalling the Karateshou Monstrum incident, the memories flashed in front of him, as a navy blue belt strap began to emerge from the sides of the Driver, wrapping around his waist and tightening just enough.

Genkai Driver!
限界ドライバー!
Genkai Doraibā!

The Driver finishing its tightening process, it whirred to life in a hopeful tone that sent waves of sound that pierced through the darkness of the area covered by the veil, forming multiple more cracks in the veil that let through even more light, rays of sunlight beginning to illuminate just enough of the university to allow vision for those who couldn’t see properly. Raiden maintained his posture, as he looked at the Driver.

Insert the transformation trinkets  into the two slots of the Driver.” A holographic voice began to speak, almost resembling Aiko’s in a sense. “Well, it’s me, Aiko Fujiwara, I’m filling you in the details while Raiden has his memory thing so that this transformation special won’t be disrupted or whatever, ya know.”

Holding the two transformation trinkets in his hands, he inserted the two transformation trinkets into their respective slots; inserting the yellow lightning-themed transformation trinket into the right side of the Driver, and the black terracotta-themed transformation trinket into the left side of the Driver.

The barrier around him began to crackle even more, as sparks began to angrily attack the Monstrum that had dared to attack Raiden moments earlier.

Folklore of the ancients! Storm of the Thunder Beast!
古代人の承民間!獣の嵐!
Kodaibito no denshō minkan! Raijū no arashi!

The Driver continued to whir, a standby tune beginning to play and the gears within the transformation device clicking and rotating, as Raiden stood in the middle of the dust storm, preparing to transform. In his head, images of each of the previous Kamen Riders’ transformations echoed out their words, the same word being said that gave him even more confidence to push forth, before he called it out himself.

“And! You know the drill.” Aiko finished, giving way for Raiden to mutter the all-too-familiar transformation phrase.

“Henshin!”

Activating the two devices, he slammed his left hand into the yellow lightning-themed transformation trinket, activating what appeared to be a copper-coloured lightning rod of some kind as a few sparks were released, while he pulled what appeared to be a spear-like object on the black terracotta-themed transformation trinket with his right hand, letting it slam into the side closest to the Driver with a powerful and loud thud. With the activation of both transformation trinkets, the gears in the Driver continued to whir, potentially whirring even more than before.

The barrier around him began to change colour, as the stars and lightning began to change from white and yellow to jet black and neon blue respectively. And from the barrier around Raiden, it produced a stream of stars that began to turn into pieces of armour, much to his surprise.

Hero of once upon a time! Warrior of the future line! Kamen Rider~ Denrai!
昔の傑士!将来系の戦士!仮面ライダーデンライ!
Mukashi no kesshi! Shōrai-kei no senshi! Kamen Raidā~ Denrai!

The dust storm began to die down, as blue and black lights whirred to life, forming an under-suit on Raiden — who was still staring down the Monstrum — that covered his entire outfit. The pieces of armour that formed from the stream of stars began to attach onto the top half of the under-suit — as Raiden found himself with an aura of familiarity with the way the suit was designed — before locking on with mechanisms so intricate that even Raiden himself was confused.

The barrier around him then produced a stream of sparks that began to change shape, forming into more pieces of armour that locked onto the bottom half of the under-suit. At the same time, many of the pieces of armour that had manifested from the stream of stars hovered over his face, in a manner that was not too distant to the way Iron Man’s Mark 3 armour formed. Taking a deep breath, he let out a kiai that released a gust of wind that pushed the dust on the ground outward.

“Heh, look at this dude,” Aiko found herself unable to resist the urge to comment. “This is the same dude who, not only a few months ago, mumbled something along the lines of ‘But I wanna be a Kamen Rider too! They’re so cool and fight an’ shit—’. Good thing he can’t hear me speak since he’s focused on the transformation bit.”

And at his command, the helmet pieces began to lock around his head, as he kept still just long enough for the pieces to finish intricately locking together. Beneath the visor, a HUD began to form, multiple statistics making themselves known to the Rider. Raiden was confused for a moment, before he suddenly found himself able to comprehend the information that was being displayed, much to his surprise.

“Kamen Rider Denrai… AncientStorm Form!” Raiden screamed, a voice modulator changing his tone just enough that he couldn’t be caught out as the same person to those who were unaware. “That is who I am!”

Kamen Rider Denrai (仮面ライダーデンライ, Kamen Raidā Denrai), AncientStorm Form (エンシェントストームフォーム, EnshentoSutōmu Fōmu).

He is the warrior from beyond the stars, the hero of crackling lightning who fights for not just the fate of the fallen ancients, but also for the uncertain future… and everything in between. And so he dashes forwards, taking a step into the future as the barrier of stars and sparks dies down, the Monstrum — now slightly weakened from the flurry of attacks moments earlier — charging towards the Rider.

But before it could attack, Raiden took a deep breath, the suit beginning to dissipate around him, as he de-transformed in the process. The scenery around him also began to change, giving way to the familiar confines of the classroom. In front of him, Aiko continued to tweak the non-existent camera, before putting it in a proper place, the camera facing Raiden and the front of the classroom.

“Kamen Rider Denrai,” Raiden repeated, a goofy smile plastered all over his face. “You know, the benefits of actually being a Kamen Rider include actually being able to see the armour you’ll transform into. Disadvantages include having to actually fight, because ew, who actually wants that?”

And Aiko’s face turned into a mad giggle, much to Raiden’s confusion, as he simply looked at her in confusion.

“Nice comment there, Rai.” Aiko stated half-heartedly.

“Thanks.” Raiden chuckled.

And I chuckled. And then nobody else chuckled because it’s a common trope for the characters to stop laughing after the ‘someone’, who I assume is me, laughs. At least, that’s what TVTropes likes to tell me, and we all know what that website is like.

“Anyhow, why did the transformation just give up like a crap box in the middle of July?” Raiden wondered in confusion. “Meh, probably because we’re running out of time for the chapter.”

“Yeah, probably— wait, we’re literally character in a book. How do we even ‘run out of time’ anyways?!” Aiko retorted back, a look of exasperation consuming all of her facial expression.

“How am I supposed to know?! I’m just assuming it’s something like that one Zero-One episode where Is (or Izu depending on where you’re form, though I like Is because it’s a word pun, but hey, it’s up to you and how you decide to pronounce her name, just like Was and Will and There and We’re) made a joke about not having enough time or something like that!”

“Wait, which episode of Zero-One are you talking about—”

“OH COME ON YOU KNOW THE ONE— anyways, my apologies, I shouldn’t really be dragging this out any further-” Raiden meekly rubbed the back of his head. “Tune in to the next time our author decides to actually publish a new chapter, where I’ll show you how to transform using a Legend Rider transformation trinket thing that I’m not even supposed to know about because those don’t actually exist in the series and the fact that my author decided weapon tutorials can also go bite the big one—”

And the lights to the classroom almost magically turned off, as if caused by an outsider. Probably a very unhappy author, who is actually me, why I am I even referring to myself with the third person point of view anyways—


Episode Two: Revolve Chapter
第二挿話:回転章
Dai Nisōwa: Kaiten-shō


 

0