Chapter 9: Princess Charlotte
444 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Berlin International University, German Empire

“Uhmm… Justinian what is your reaction regarding the news today about Prince Wilhelm?”

Both Justinian and Lin are currently studying in one of the large parks inside the university. Lin is still shy about calling Justinian his name but slowly she can say that if the two of them are alone. They were both enjoying the snacks that Lin’s mother prepared for them in their studying. There were dim sum, noodles, mochi, fruit sandwich, sushi, green tea, and cookies in their meal. Some distance away from them are some Austrian students who are studying and at the same time guarding the Archduke for any probable situation that arises.

“I’m fine with what Prince Wilhelm had done for this would benefit Austria but it would be a big problem for the Germans. They just insulted the French Princess and it would have grave consequences.”

Justinian was continuing enjoying eating the food that Lin brought, the big scandal that the German Crown Prince had done won’t affect his plan very much. It is even an opportunity for Austria to have an advantage in its negotiation with France or Germany. France can become a good wall or deterrent against Germany in Austria’s incoming conflict with the Ottomans. France is the only power in mainland Europe that can stand toe-to-toe with the Germans in terms of military might.

“How about you Justinian? Do you also have a fiancée?”

While Lin is continue reading her notes, she was curious whether Justinian has also a fiancée or if he has already arranged marriage to someone. She knows that what she brought up is a sensitive topic but she was very curious about whether her first noble friend has someone he likes.

“Uhmmmm… secret. Why are you curious?”

Justinian knows that Lin was curious about whether he has a fiancée or not, so he wants to tease her more. After a few hangouts and meetups, Justinian has slowly lost his opportunities to tease her for Lin is slowly coping with having a friend from a royal family. Seeing Lin curious and also nervous about whether Justinian has a fiancée or not, makes Justinian enjoy teasing her.

Their banter and teasing made them detach from their surroundings and they didn’t realize that a young woman is approaching where they were staying.

“It is my honor to meet the Crown Prince of Austria.”

The young woman curtsied to Justinian while she is greeting him. Both Justinian and Lin were surprised that there is a girl in front of them. Justinian sees Count Karl Alexander of Wurttemberg is also approaching them. The Count is also surprised that they didn’t expect that she would approach the Archduke.

“The honor is mine. Greetings to the only Princess of the French Empire.”

Justinian immediately recovered from his surprise and greet the woman, Princess Charlotte Bonaparte. Lin also bowed to give respect to Princess Charlotte.

Princess Charlotte gives a mischievous smile as she sees the Austrian Crown Prince and an eastern woman together. Before she shows up here, she researched and observed what kind of person Archduke Justinian is, and whether he is a capable person or not.

She knows that Justinian is more rational and competent than the German Crown Prince Wilhelm Frederick. She based it on the report she received that Justinian has already grasped large control and influence in the Austrian military and policies at home and abroad. She also received from the French intelligence groups and agents, that he is arming some Austrian divisions with superior German weapons, further verifying the claims she received about him. She wants him to be at least her ally in her aspirations and plans and she thinks she knows something about Justinian and she would verify if she is right or wrong.

“Youtube”

Princess Charlotte drop just one word that stunned Justinian. Lin was confused about what is the Princess saying, but the Princess didn’t mind her confusion and just continue saying words.

“Facebook”

“Twitter”

“Instagram”

Charlotte continues her charade of words that seem alien to Lin. Count Karl is already close to where the three are staying and when he hears the word he is also confused. Count Karl’s confusion further increases as he sees his liege seems to understand and surprise by the tirades of words that the princess is speaking. Both Lin and Count Karl feel alienated between the Archduke and the French Princess.

“Lin... Karl… can you leave us alone?”

Both Lin and Count Karl had an absurd expression when Justinian wants them to leave him and Princess Charlotte alone. Count Karl was sure that this is the first time that Crown Prince Justinian and Princess Charlotte had met, both of them rarely attend social gatherings and public activities. But based on the reaction of the Crown Prince, it seems that he and the french princess is connected and had interacted with each other already.

Even such, Lin and Count Karl can only leave and give much distance away from the two. When the two see that no other people are near to them that can hear what would they talk about, they started to be serious and stare at each other.

“Are you also a Transmigrator?”

It is Justinian who broke the ice. He is very curious about how the princess of France knows these terms that come from the world of his previous life.

“Yes”

Both of them nodded after, it was clear both of their suspicious of each other. Princess Charlotte knows that the actions the Crown Prince Justinian didn’t follow the storyline of the novel she read before she transmigrates.

The Austrian Crown Prince from the novel she read is very conservative and aristocratic-centered, but the man in front of him is the total opposite, he is also very capable and it seems he knows the future. Knowing that Crown Prince Justinian is the same as she ends her curiosity about why the Austrian Crown Prince is different from what is described in the novel and game.

Now, she wants to know what would the Crown Prince’s move for the future of the Austrian Empire. She knows that what the Crown Prince is facing right now is a very insurmountable wall of challenge and hardship. Facing the powerful alliance of Germans and Ottomans and they may face it alone would be hard.

“How are you? Do you able to adjust to your situation? Would you allow that will I call you Justinian Your highness?”

Princess Charlotte immediately takes advantage of the conversation. She has a lot of things she wants to ask and know, and having the initiative would put her at an advantage.

“You can just call me Justinian princess. I think I have already assimilated to my new life here. How about you princess?”

“Oh… me too. You can just also call me Charlotte. You’re very stiff Justinian.”

Charlotte pouts her lips seeing that Justinian is very indifferent and skeptical of her. She thinks that Justinian is still very skeptical about her and being a transmigrator.

“It’s just that I can’t believe that there is someone who is in the same situation as me. It’s just absurd.” Justinian really feels the absurdity of the situation, meeting someone like him, a person who transmigrates.

“Ehhh… we’re not the only transmigrator here in this world.”

The statement that Charlotte drops shocked Justinian. Knowing that there are more people like them, would change the situation very much. All of the plans and preparations that he has done would change so much. Now, he is not the only person who knows about the future, and the future that he expects and anticipates may not happen due to there being more variables that can affect and change it.

“Are there other people like us?”

“Yes”

“How many?”

“I know two… I don’t know if there are more people like us.”

Justinian feels agitated and he is now restless, his hearts beat very fast. For this would change how he understands the world more. Having more transmigrators would add more variables that can affect the success and failure of his plans.

12