Chapter 28: Army Inspection (2)
248 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pilsen, Bohemia, Austrian Empire

The entire military base of the 2nd Austrian Army is eerily silent during and even after the speech of the Austrian Crown Prince. All Austrian soldiers are captivated and dazed because of the rousing speech that the Austrian Crown Prince had just given to them. Even Duke Kristoph and the Austrian officers present are captivated and in zeal after the speech. It seems like the silence would continue, waiting for anyone that would break the ice.

“Hail Crown Prince Justinian!”

“Hail Austria!”

“Hail Empire!”

“Hail Victory!”

One Austrian soldier chanted loudly and raised his hand in a roman salute but his fist is clenched. One after another, Austrian soldiers follow suit and also raised their clenched fists. Their chants are slowly becoming united and coherent in showing their devout loyalty and service to the Crown Prince.

“Hail Crown Prince Justinian!”

“Hail Crown Prince Justinian!”

“Hail Crown Prince Justinian!”

The soldiers’ chants are slowly becoming louder and louder. All people present at the military base got goosebumps when they heard the strong and loud chanting of the Austrian soldiers. Their hearts are beating faster and the hairs around their body are standing erect. The adrenaline warmed them from the inside out. Everyone is being swept at the moment, the euphoria and zeal of the soldiers were infecting everyone.

Especially Duke Kristoph and his son, Count Karl Alexander, feel very proud that they were serving the Austrian Crown Prince. Seeing the men brimming with pride and loyalty to their Austrian Crown Prince, makes them feel that every action and decision they make is the right one and they would continue moving in the right direction under the leadership and guidance of the Crown Prince.

Even the French officers and instructors who came with the Austrian Crown Prince were surprised by the devotion and loyalty the Austrian soldiers have towards their monarch. This level of zeal and loyalty is rare nowadays and it can only be fostered through trust and faith in the person they were serving to.

It is really bizarre how the Austrian Crown Prince was able to win the hearts of these men but then they remembered Princess Charlotte, the person who have gain their loyalty and trust. They realized that the Austrian Crown Prince and Princess Charlotte are maybe alike or similar with each other. People tend to mingle and befriend people who had the same traits and attitudes as themselves, and both Princess Charlotte and the Austrian Crown Prince are friends based on what they heard.

But the one who is the most surprised by what happened is Lin. She expected that her friend has a different side but what she didn’t expect at this degree. The Justinian she had known is one that is cheerful, playful, and sometimes cold when he needed to be. But this side of Justinian, a leader of men, motivator, and a good speaker adds the charm of what she has known about him. Seeing him cheered and saluted by men reminds her that Justinian and her are worlds apart. She is both happy and sad. Happy, because whatever Justinian is planning he had a lot of supporters willing to fight for him. And sad, because it reminds her that Justinian and her are very different from each other, that they lived in different worlds.

While Lin and others are still stunned and thinking of how strong and devout the Austrian soldiers were to Crown Prince Justinian. He had already walked away from the podium and saluted to the soldiers he passed. He feels refreshed and reinvigorated from the support and cheers he received from the Austrian soldiers present in the military inspection. His military inspection task for now in Bohemia is fulfilled and everything he had done is worthwhile for the cause, the only thing he needs to do is just to make other preparations and plans he prepared in the capital, Vienna, accomplished and effective.

“It is a wonderful speech, Your Highness.”

“Thank you, Duke Kristoph. There are still things that I want to ask regarding our other plans.”

Duke Kristoph nodded to the Crown Prince, understanding what he means.

“We can discuss this matter in private Your Highness. I have already prepared the Imperial building in the camp for your stay. You can rest first Your Highness while I’ll bring the French instructors to where they would stay Your Highness.”

“Alright, Duke Kristoph. Let’s meet later for a drink. I think Karl also wants to meet you very badly.”

The Crown Prince and the Duke talk in a relaxed manner as they walk toward where the Imperial building. When the Crown Prince is still young, the Duke is one who teaches him about military affairs in Vienna. The Duke has also a lot of connections and influence in the South German Confederation which is necessary to have a harmonious and positive relationship with the Confederation.

The Duke then bid a short farewell to the Crown Prince for still he needed to bring the newly arrived French instructors and military advisors to where they would stay. The arrival of such advisors and instructors is a timely blessing to the Austrian army. Combat experience is rare for the Austrian army that for decades remained in a peaceful state. Having men that can train the soldiers on the reality of war and combat would increase the combat strength of the Austrian soldiers in general. Such opportunities should be grabbed and used to the fullest.

Justinian entered the imperial building while his guards are carrying his luggage and things inside. He is then led to the largest room inside the building. Inside the room, there were two bedrooms, one bathroom, and a parlor for the guest. It also has a wide balcony where there is a table and chairs that can be used for relaxing and tea time.

When Justinian realized he is alone, there is only one person who comes into his mind, Lin. He immediately stands up and walks toward the door outside his room in search of Lin. As he trotted through the halls, he can see the outside from the windows the soldiers have already changed from their formal military uniform, which they had just worn during the military inspection, to the training uniform that they would wear during training and exercise. Some men are jogging around the camp while some are having weapons and hand-to-hand combat exercises. The entire camp is filled with men training with all sorts of training that improves their strength, awareness, preparedness, and all sorts that will holistically improve them as soldiers of Austria.

Some of the French instructors have even started to participate in training the Austrian soldiers, sharing their expertise and experience regards the particular field their training in. Justinian feels satisfied again with everything he had done in the past years, investing in businesses, buying modern weapons, arming the Austrian army, making connections and deals, and building strength and power. The road may be hard, and dangerous, and sometimes he may feel like giving up, but with this scene where the soldiers are happy and motivated, he feels that everything is worth it and all will work out in the future. That he is not alone in this fight. He had an entire empire as a support to work together for the future. He continues to walk until he reached the room where the Miyazonos are staying for the meantime.

Justinian knocks on the door and waits for someone to answer or open the door for him, and after a few seconds, the door slowly opens. The one who is opening the door for Justinian is the one he is searching for, Lin. He is amazed at how pretty Lin is, as she is wearing a typical modest red fur dress that is good for cold and winter weather and it really suited her.

“Hi Lin”

“Hi… uhmm… Justinian. What are you doing here?”

“Hmmm… I just want to see you.”

“Ohhh…”

“Are you busy?”

“No, I’m not.”

Both are feeling embarrassed talking with each other. After the grand speech and cheering of the troops towards Justinian, it made Lin realize the degree of power that Justinian holds. That Justinian is the leader of millions and she may disturb and interrupt Justinian’s work if she is around. Justinian also feels embarrassed because of the speech, he feels genuinely shy that Lin was able to witness him acting manly and majestic which is different from his personality every time he interacts with her.

“Lin…cough… cough… cough… do you want to come with me?” Justin shyly asks her.

“Uhmm… where Your highness?” Lin is having a hard time responding to his question.

“Hmmm… Just follow me.”

Justinian holds Lin’s hand and they walk toward the other side of the Imperial building.

“I’ll show you something interesting.”

Justinian smiles toward Lin as he leads her toward their destination. They passed soldiers training and when the soldiers see the Crown Prince, they stopped what they are doing to salute him. Justinian can only helplessly respond to their salutes with a salute as he is a higher-ranking officer as a monarch in the country.

4