Chapter 10
209 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The government obviously couldn't directly intervene in the channel. If they were to forcefully block either the channel or the accounts of the omegas; it would cause huge backlash from the public. The empire has been hoping to see this kind of breakthrough for millennia. Even if they were full of greed for the profits coming from the sales, they could only watch helplessly as the numbers in the account increased.

Arel was busy dealing with the defenses around the solar system, leaving Sile to be quite leisurely at home. The management of the fields is almost completely autonomous. The only thing she really needs to oversee is how many drones return from the deliveries. She has noticed that a few have gone missing, however she knew they wouldn't be coming back.

Now at this moment Sile is simply resting on the couch viewing the comments. There are many praising them, a few obviously trying to make trouble, but many that surprised her, were asking for a livestream.

She wondered what the use of a livestream could be for? To get to know them? She wasn't too interested, but for some reason she couldn't completely deny that she wanted to try.

When Arel returned she was covered in sweat. She just wanted to go upstairs and shower, but when she saw Sile's face with an expectant look when facing her, she could only sigh in her heart.

'It seems like she has some new idea'.

Arel was still too familiar with her wife, she knew every look, every expression, or subtle movement. She honestly fulfilled Sile's expectations and asked.

"Is there something on your mind? You seem pensive".

Sile knew that Arel was humouring her, so she maintained a complicated expression while replying.

"There were many more comments, talking about pricing, livestreams. Some seemed to want to fish in troubled waters, however they were quickly suppressed by the huge number".

'There it is', Arel thought. Her wife likes to "inadvertantly" add what she wants to the sentence, but expects it to be brought up so she can act as if she is following the other person's idea.

"Live streaming?", she asked knowingly.

As expected, Sile had a complacent expression on her face.

"Yes, it seems people are curious about our lives. So are you interested?" Sile asked hesitantly.

'Can I not be?' Arel wanted to roll her eyes.

"Of course. It sounds quite fun, but is there really that much to talk about when livestreaming?"

Sile pondered what Arel said, "Well how about we try it out once first? If it doesn't work out, we'll just forget about it".

"It seems that's the only way" Arel agreed.

The excitement of Arel and Sile's channel had not only not decreased in popularity over time, but continued to increase. The influencers on Spacewave saw the great potential of the channel and wanted to try rub a bit of heat from them, however they found they couldn't figure out a way to connect with them. Until one seemed to have the information of who the channel belonged to.

The identities of Arel and Sile were exposed in this way. It isn't hard to see that there was someone behind funnelling the information, since that wasn't something just anyone could have been privy to.

So a new wave of attention came from this. Although the public expected the owners of the channel were definitely not regular people, and they knew from the description of the channel that they were both omegas. However they would've never guessed that the two of them escaped from their families because of the relationship between the two of them.

There were all kinds of comments coming in. Many were shocked by the courage that the two of them showed. Others were disgusted with the relationship between two omegas. Those ones were quickly attacked by the majority. The government had been too controlling of their bodily rights due to the declining birth rates, and the common people had already started to build up resentment for this. Obviously humanity is able to accept some constraints for the "greater good", but controlling who you're able to be with has definitely stepped on some people's bottom lines.

Even though the control with regular people isn't as heavy as those noble families that care about reputation, but if you aren't married by 150, the government will match you to the person with the highest pheromone fit in their database.

150 years seems like a long time, but in the span of a lifetime it's only a small part. How could anyone be willing to be given to someone they have never even met before? Especially if the purpose of the marriage is simply reproduction. That type of "tradition" should've died off in ancient times, when humanity was still in its ignorant state.

Now when seeing the two omegas, who are seen as only worthy of giving birth, but are willing to fight for their love made the many resentful people who had been forced to marry finally have idols to look up to. So when those nasty comments appeared, they were ruthlessly and mercilessly attacked. Within moments the name of the person that commented and their address was posted anonymously which terrified those that just wanted to slander others. They quickly deleted their comments, and those that wanted to maliciously join in the fun couldn't bare to try, just in case they would be the next target of these anonymous I.T experts.

Arel was busy cooking dinner for the two of them when she heard Sile's chuckling coming from the lounge room. She couldn't help but wonder what poor person had suffered to make her wife so joyful, but it's better to just pretend not to hear it. If the person in question ever heard Sile trying to explain the situation, they'd probably be unwilling to ever leave their house again.

Her wife can always hit someone where it hurts. She has a tongue more venomous than even the most deadly reptiles. Arel leaned against the wall that connected the loungeroom and kitchen, looking lovingly at Sile who was immersed with whatever had caught her attention. 

8