Chapter 19
172 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The emperor pulled the forces closer to the federation all to the border. He thought they could just watch the show, and provide some material help so that the federation didn't fall, now that his 'backyard is on fire' , he really wants to slap himself.

The elite zerg were like a plague, much stronger than the zerg he faced when he was a young man. Where ever they went, they left only destruction in their wake. Now it was time for him to start worrying. Although the empire's armada was large, but it being spread too far, has allowed the zerg warriors to continue pushing further into the empire's territory.

He had to send the conscripts to the front line, in the hopes that they could buy time for the rest of his veteran fleets to arrive. After all, moving an entire fleet isn't as simple as just saying it. All battleships have to be fully prepared, soldiers need to be supplied, and formations need to be established.

Given the time necessary for the other fleets to arrive, the emperor doesn't know if those conscripts can hold on. If they don't, it will become a huge issue to the foundation of the empire.

Now he regrets his decision to attack the rebels. Those fleets were originally stationed in that area, but after the rebels were finally defeated, he called them back to the capital to recuperate, leaving such an opportune gap for the zerg to attack.

Major General, Eric Colt has been on the verge of losing his temper. He originally had little patience, wanting to find his runaway fiancee, and her lover. He combed through solar system after solar system for years. Trying the most barren and inhospitable areas. He finally found a clue, a strange energy fluctuation coming from a solar system bordered by a natural asteroid field.

He didn't know if it was them, but there was at least something strange going on here. He had sent a request to the government to check what was there, and sure enough, someone had bought two planets there a few years before the two disappeared.

He had heard from the emperor that the two might have created some defences, although he didn't think omegas could create anything detrimental to him, but he knew his reckless nature, so when it came to his decisions as a major general, he was more cautious.

He was planning to destroy the asteroid field from a distance, to give a clear view of what was going on inside. That was until he receive an urgent summons to the border. Knowing that the zerg had broken through, surprised him. He knew that his duty was to protect the empire, but he felt unwilling, all the years have been spent looking for those two omegas. Now he has come right to their door, and he has to leave without knocking? He really did feel unreconciled.

Arel and Sile knew they had been found, they had sensory equipment monitoring the outside of the solar system. They were shocked that they were found so quickly. It seems they had been too high profile. However they had heard the news of the zerg attack on the empire. Knowing that the people over there were struggling to maintain their position, they wanted to send their mecha warriors over. After all, they may not care about the empire, but if the zerg win, they will be in much more danger than with some greedy humans.

However if they're about to be attacked, they're definitely not willing to send them away. What if the fleet that found them is stronger than they expected? So they were watching closely to the actions of the battleships outside the asteroid field.

Eric was sitting on the main bridge of the battleship, his thoughts swirling through his mind, a mile a minute. He was having trouble letting go, even though he knew he could come back after the war with the zerg was settled. After a painful process of deliberation, his responsibility still won over his personal affairs. He decisively ordered the ships to turn around and head for the nearest warp point. Unlike the other fleets, his had been in combat readiness for years, and he could quickly join the battle.

Watching the battleships leave, the two omegas were sure that the problem of the border was much more serious than what was reported by the government. They understood that this was a common tactic used by the government to calm the panic of the public.

Sile looked towards Arel "Should we still send out the mecha warriors?"

"Yes. Even if the zerg are dealt with, I don't think the federation will let this opportunity to take over some of the empire's territory, go", Arel theorised.

Sile thought that the solar system they were in was quite close to the border between the federation and the empire, and knew what Arel said was the truth. The president of the federation is an Omega, she knows the hardship of their gender better than anyone. Perhaps they could make an agreement with her, in exchange for safety.

...

The conscripted soldiers at the border felt as if they had entered a horrible nightmare. Day after day they were forced to fight against horrific creatures that were not only terrifyingly powerful, but also seemed to never need to stop. They were sent here in the millions, but were clearly ill equipped for the battle they faced. However they had no choice. If they deserted, their families would face unbearable shame for their cowardice, and where was it so easy to desert on a militarised planet?

They could only watch helplessly as thousands of people just like them were massacred at the hands of those vile creatures. At least that was the case, until battleships appeared overhead. The sounds of advanced weaponry spread across the planet. The conscripts on the surface could see the battle taking place in space, although they wanted to cheer, but they could see that the fleet that had just arrived was outmatched by the large number of elite zerg. The flame of hope they had just lit, was extinguished almost immediately. 

7